Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 30 1 2 3 4 29 30
C
C
neato wii, she sounds like a good person, I'm happy for you! hope you feel better.. cut down on sugars and coffee while you are sick.

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
S
S
So what was the birthday surprise? Never heard.
Hope test results are good & you are feeling better
Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: SunFunOne
So what was the birthday surprise? Never heard.

Me either! I spent my bd at my book group. On Sunday SDA lady wasn't expecting me so she hadn't wrapped my present or signed my card yet. Anyway, we talked last night and she actually told me that on Sunday, after getting the news about the lump in her breast, she really did want to be alone! She appreciated that I cared and came to be with her but really needed time to herself to process the news. I said I understood and in future would respect that "just say I need some time alone" She said "in future I will" I felt really good that she was able to actually say that to me. That's how you build a good R! We communicated about needs. I told her that I just didn't want her to be alone and went with it. She said "my BF says that I am so lucky because it shows how much you care...and I do feel lucky" Anyway, SDA Lady went to her U/S appointment today and will get her results in three days. Prayers and good thoughts are still appreciated smile

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Btw Kml, when the "I'm fat" issue came up Sunday night after dinner I used your suggestion "I think you're perfect just the way you are" and that shut her right up! Good thinking smile

S
S
How can anyone at 115 thing they are fat??? I was 115 when I got married - have not been close to that since. Now I feel really fat! UGH

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: SunFunOne
How can anyone at 115 thing they are fat??? I was 115 when I got married - have not been close to that since. Now I feel really fat! UGH

Barb

Barb, you're perfect just the way you are!
Btw, last night she was telling me she's looking for an ESL class because her English is poor. I told her that her English was just fine and she said "you're just very patient with me" Uh, no your English is fine! I have yet to meet an Asian who believes their English is OK. Maybe it's the culture, if it's not perfect than it's not OK, I dunno. She wants to return to school and is not confident about her English skills, so I said that if taking a course helps her to increase her confidence than go for it! Unfortunately, it seems that if she wants to enroll in a school board course she has to be a Permanent Resident...and she's not yet.

S
S
Uh, thanks Wii - you're perfect too! (Now - does that make you FEEL perfect?)

So what does she have to do to become a Permanent Resident??? Marry a Canadian??? Does she want that? or does she plan to return to the Phillipines in time?

I never heard of such a rule. We get foreign students in our schools all the time. Just don't get that one.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Barb, she's planning to stay here. She's applied for her Permanent Resident Status but because she is also applying to sponsor her daughter to come to Canada it can take years! I've heard the same story from other ladies too that sponsorship slows things up big time. In May it will be two years. As far as ESL, I told her there many churches that have ESL classes for free. We'll see.

W
OP Offline
W
Hey btw, she's 116 lbs... a blimp lol.

S
S
Wii,

That's great that she plans to stay and also that her daughter is coming over. I think it is great that she wants to get more education but I am sure there are lots of options for it as you told her.

Oh yeah - and extra lb? Yep - she's on her way to Blimp!

Barb

Page 2 of 30 1 2 3 4 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard