Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
L
L
My advice is to go but have no expectations. Just enjoy it for what it is. Make sure to have fun especially for your kids!

M 44 W 43
S 23 S 15
INILWY 9/11
Divorce Mediation started 3/13
June 30 the day W is moving out
S
OP Offline
S
That is what I am thinking, but it seems kind of f**ked up to take the "most unhappiest W to the happiest place on Earth."

M:39
W:38
S:12
D:8
L
L
I understand but guess what? Her unhappiness is HER problem not YOURS.

M 44 W 43
S 23 S 15
INILWY 9/11
S
OP Offline
S
I know I know. Guess it is good that she is looking forward to going.

L
L
Yes it is good but don't make a big deal of it to her.

M 44 W 43
S 23 S 15
INILWY 9/11
S
OP Offline
S
I have not. Have not brought up the vacation until my D6 asked about it yesterday.

L
L
You are doing very good then. Time for you to start working out again

M 44 W 43
S 23 S 15
INILWY 9/11
S
OP Offline
S
Did this morning @ 2:30 a.m. Was nice to wake up for somthing other than work.

S
OP Offline
S
Well coming up on two week anniversary of bomb being dropped. I know that this is not a long time for most here, but it seems like a lifetime. Trying my best to adhere to DB with my W.

I can say that things are better with me and the kids. They are starting to rely on me for a change and that feels good. I have a much better appreciation of the work these two can put a person through. They are really looking forward to going to Disney World.

I still am not eating much, but I am sleeping better. Got back on the work out regime and it feels good. Adult hockey is starting soon and it is great that it starts after the kids and W are asleep.

I am still giving the space W has requested. This is fairly easy, but find it hard to do wen we are both at home. I am not puppy dogging her around, but will admit that I am eager to talk with her. Still no talk of the M, but I have no expectations that will change at this point. She is always chatty in the morning and distant after work.

W's mom called before she got home and we are fairly close. Asked me how I was doing and I said good, she called my bluff and said bull s**t. Told me W doesn't know what she is doing yet.

This week I need to stop showing my emotions to W and not believe everything she is saying as the gospel truth.

On a positive note both of us have now been able to talk about the family's finances without fighting. There has been some decent team work and I think I will just leave it at that.

S
OP Offline
S
W called when I was writing this at the hockey rink while my S10 has tryouts for a traveling hockey team. Asked about the tryouts and then told me she was taking the kids to her friends house on Saturday.

This bugged me and it should not have, she is living her life w/out me. I guess if she were not taking the kids that would be one thing, but she is.

Was mad and going to tell her that if you do not want to spend Saturday with me then maybe we shouldn't go to Florida as a family. Then your "stuck" with me for five straight days. That would have been a real d**k move on my part. I don't know why this made me mad.

I talked to a friend and calmed down abit. We are making plans to hang out on Saturday. I need to work on not showing her any emotions. This is just so f**ked up, at times I can see the woman I married and then the next the zombie is back.

I realize that I am an impatient person and that this is one of my worst attributes. I am really really trying to do things just for me and the kids, but then I think about the family and it makes me very sad and hopeless. I still love my W very much, I am attracted to her as much, if not more, as I was when I first met her.

Then I begin the battle in my head to stay or go. Selfishly thinking that by not having me around she would realize what she does not have. When I am here I am still helping with the kids and doing things around the house, etc. She gets all the benefits of the M without having to make a commitment of any kind. Then I think that by being here I tug my kids in every night and make them breakfast in the morning. Providing for my family is very important to me. This was really brought home in the "Save Your Marriage, W/out About It Book."

I am trying to keep this all in and be the father to my children and keep my head above water at work. Sorry for venting.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard