Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
H
H
Well, of course.
I think a separation agreement is in order here; doesn't mean you will get a D, so don't panic.
What Sad is doing is not working; it is classic cake-eating. I think being a bit proactive and getting some free legal consult is fine right now.

H
H
Also, the kids are watching. The last thing they need role-modeled is a weak husband/dad.
How would Sad counsel one of his kids if they ever found themselves in this sitch?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: HollyAnn
Also, the kids are watching. The last thing they need role-modeled is a weak husband/dad.
How would Sad counsel one of his kids if they ever found themselves in this sitch?

I can't leave because of the kids. Sice W has dropped the bomb she has been non-excistent in the household affairs. Don't want to hurt them more.

M:39
W:38
S:12
D:8
M
M
Why do you feel you have to leave any way? And don't use the tired excuse of "to give her space". The only way to get back a connection is to be there with her and cooperate.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: MrBond
Why do you feel you have to leave any way? And don't use the tired excuse of "to give her space". The only way to get back a connection is to be there with her and cooperate.

Mr Bond,

This is the fight in my head. I am giving you space, but then I see you in the morning and after work. Wouldn't there be a better chance that she would she would appreciate me if I wasn't here to pitch in with the house and kids while she acts like a zombie?

The Sad Man

H
H
W is feeling no consequences for her actions and H is, what? Just there to babysit so W can continue to do as she pleases?
I see no strength here, just emasculating behaviors.

S
OP Offline
S
Yes, but I am giving the kids the care and attention they deserve. They did not ask for this, why should they suffer?

M
M
"Wouldn't there be a better chance that she would she would appreciate me if I wasn't here to pitch in with the house and kids while she acts like a zombie?"

Forget about her for bit. Do you want to move? If not, then don't. Simple as that. Don't move because you want to make a point or that you think she'll miss you, etc. Start doing things that YOU want to do and not her.

BTW, I am a strong believer that your user name should reflect the person who you want to be. If you keep calling yourself "Sad in WI", you will always be "sad in WI". Change your name into something much more positive. Little steps like that go a long way into changing your thinking.

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
M
M
Hey SIW sorry I took so long to reply, I'm just south of Green Bay, I am kid free this weekend so if you want to do a kid activity it will have to be next weekend. If you are kid free as well and want to get together for coffee or something tbat would be great. I could use some GAL, and so could you.

Michael

Me:46 /W:37
M:13 /T:16
D's:19,18,17,6
S:10
W filed 8/15/11
Court 9/21/12

Conflict is inevitable. Combat is optional.
S
OP Offline
S
Wow what a night. W came home and did not feel good so took shower and laid down on couch. S10 asks mom if we all can watch "Real Steal." She was reluctant but agreed. D6 then cuddled with me on the rocking chair and fell fast asleep.

We have not had a family movie night in years. Very good movie and yes I even cried at the end. First time things were relaxed in awhile. Took D6 to bed when movie was over and thanked W for spending time with us. Could not complain.

Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard