Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30
#2227110 03/03/12 04:15 PM
W
OP Offline
W
Hey, my thread got locked on my birthday! Here's my new thread. Last night I went to my book group and tomorrow SDA Lady and I are going mini-golfing. Should be fun.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
C
C
wii, you dog you, whoohoo, congrats, and happy bday!!! ... when you describe her as SDA, is that for seventh-day adventist?.. .I don't come here that often so I don't know the history of your beau

Be not afraid...I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten Joel2

30something
2kids
survivor of S, MLC, A, D
I have peace in my heart, at last.
W
OP Offline
W
Yes Cat, she's a seventh-day adventist! She watches me eat pork and shellfish lol. She's 43, Filipino and works as a live in caregiver. She's been in Canada four years and before that worked in Hong Kong for nine years. Previously, in the Philippines, she was a nurse. She makes more money as a caregiver here than as a nurse in Manila. She has a 20 year old daughter back home who she has put through college on her own. I met her online, her best friend put her on the dating site and telling her "you've been here four years, it's time for you to find a man!" and she found me or actually I found her! We've been seeing each other about two months now and we're having a wonderful time together. She's the sweetest lady, I feel very lucky...as does she smile

W
OP Offline
W
Hit hard by this damn cold again! I starting coughing badly yesterday and went to see Dr. in the morning, he gave me new anti-biotics and cough medicine. Tried to bs my way past SDA Lady last night saying I was OK for our mini-golf outing today. She didn't buy it. We left it that I would see how I felt in the morning and call her then. I went to bed at 9:30 pm and slept through the night. Yet I still felt like crap this morning so I backed out. I'm so damn frustrated with this cold/virus/black death. SDA Lady was understanding and caring. She was planning to have a quick lunch with her best friend, who just returned from Taiwan yesterday and a Doctor's appointment before meeting me. So her friend stayed with her, and at last text, is asleep beside her in the doctor's office. Mini-golf will be next weekend!
Yesterday I ran into ex at the doctor's office, she's apparently there getting anti-depressants. She's not doing so well, can't sleep. Her job is becoming more and more stressful (I have a friend, who was also a manager at ex's agency, who left for similar reasons...and was on AD's too). So she picked up the girls today and within a few minutes of being in my apartment got into two scraps with the girls. Wow, fun week ahead for them...NOT. She badgers and the girls provoke, a lovely combo indeed.
So, today I rest. It made no sense to push myself to spend the day with SDA Lady and get sicker because of it. She agreed completely.

S
S
So sorry you are sick again and missed your birthday date. Boo Hoo! But you wouldn't want to give the bug to SDA lady on her only day off either. That would be bad.

So what is up with your immune system? Seems you are frequently ill. Those endorphins should be helping (unless you're not sleeping enough). Bump up your vitamin C and eat properly. Lots of veggies and get your protein. (echoing my daughter here).

Enjoy your "Me Day" - you need it.

And I'm sure it is distressing to see your ex and the girls getting into it but trust me - it is SO normal. My D and I have always been close but we fought like cats n dogs while she grew up. Still do on occasion but I mostly bite my tongue since we're not together so much anymore and I sure miss her.

Take care and get better.

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Thanks Barb. As far as sickness I'm not alone, this winter has been so mild that the viruses are living on forever. I meet all sorts of people who have been sick for one to two months! Bring on spring!
Well, I did end up having dinner with SDA Lady. She called me after her doctor's appointment and apparently there is a lump in her breast and she's being sent for an ultra sound. Doctor believes it's a cyst but...it's anxiety provoking. I told SDA Lady that I was going to come down and take her out for dinner and we could talk. Of course, she told me NO "You're sick, you need to stay home and rest. It's too cold blah blah blah. She said "I know you're concerned about me and just knowing that helps me feel better so stay home!" I hung up and decided to hell with it, I'm going. So I drove down to her place, phoned her and told her I was sitting outside her home and was going tyo take her to dinner. I could tell by her voice she was so happy that I was there. She came out and we sat in the car, held hands and talked about how she was feeling etc. I said "I know you said not to come but I'm not letting you sit alone in the basement tonight, you're going to be with me!" We then went out for dinner and had a lovely time together. I promised to take my meds and go to bed early tonight. Her question of the evening was "what's the difference between a squirrel and a chipmunk?" Hm, one's smaller, I guess ???

O
O
Wii,

You do seem to get sick a lot and have problems recovering. Have you had your immune system tested? I had IGG subclass 2 and 4 deficiencies which led to incredibly frequent sinus infections/bronchitis. These were treated with a couple of Pneumovax boosters. Since then, my sinus infection/bronchitis rate PLUMMETED. I wish they had tested me in grade school, or high school, or in my 20s, or 30s... But nooooooo. Anyway, it really is worth getting checked and easy treatments can yield huge rewards.

Best,
Oldtimer
W
OP Offline
W
My illnesses tend to be upper respitory in nature. I seem to be prone to Bronchitis, which I don't presently have. I got a Pneumonia shot once when I had diabetes, apparently it's paid for by the govt if you have diabetes, which I don't anymore. Thanks for the tip, OT. I will keep it in mind. Personally, I've always found I'm less prone to illness when my exercise level is up...which it hasn't been for a while, that may be the simplest cure yet!
Btw, SDA Lady is getting an ultra-sound done tomorrow for the lump on her breast. Pls everyone keep her in your prayers. Thanks.

O
O
"My illnesses tend to be upper respitory in nature. I seem to be prone to Bronchitis, which I don't presently have. "

If this is a lifelong thing in which you get a bug and then can't shake it for months (even with steroids, multiple different antibiotics, etc...), I'd put BIG money on the subclass 2 and 4 deficiencies. This is EXACTLY the problem they cause.

It was my allergist aka IMMUNOLOGIST that finally tested me after lifelong problems.

Best,
Oldtimer
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: gabbysmom23
Good luck to SDA lady. My friend has been getting cysts forever, she gets an U/S done every time, it's always benign, thank God. Hopefully this will just put her to ease.

Thanks G. Doctor believes it's a cyst as does SDA Lady but there's always that "what if" anxiety. Her sister has a cyst in the breast too which is benign. SDA Lady also had a cyst in her back which had to be removed. She says it hurts when the doctor presses on it which is a sign of a cyst rather than cancer, so SDA Lady tells me. So yes, it's best she's getting the U/S tomorrow and hopefully that will put some of the anxiety to rest. She just went through getting tests done on her heart, which turned out fine, so she's had her share of medical anxiety lately.

Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard