Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 30 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 29 30
W
OP Offline
W
Originally Posted By: SunFunOne

PS - I'm glad she showed up for the date yesterday. LOL - you are a good fit!

Oh yeah, she showed! She says I'm the cream in her coffee...isn't that sweet lol.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
S
S
Yep - just like when I add too much sweetener to mine. Gag Gag Gag

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
Hey, as long as I'm not the grinds in her coffee, I'm happy lol!

W
OP Offline
W
I took two days off work as vacation this week, today and tomorrow. I decided to make an appt with Psychologist for a check in and afterwards roam around downtown for a while. I couldn't have picked a nicer day weather wise. So I met with shrink at 10:00 am and we had a good chat. Shrink thinks that SDA Lady and I are a very nice match for each other. She likes that we're both on the same page, are able to communicate and discuss issues, we compromise, we are equally caring towards each other, we have similar values, we both love to laugh etc. We discussed my anxieties about being in a R again. Sometimes I fear that the rug will be pulled out from under me when I least expect it. She said that was absolutely normal considering what I've been through. I mentioned that SDA Lady and I have talked about our trust issues. Anyway, it was a nice check in and the cheese is still on my cracker...for now lol.
Afterwards I roamed around the used bookstores and then drove up to a park I like to visit just out of town. I was reading on a bench on a deck by the pond. There is a closed snack shop behind the bench. Suddenly from the roof streams of water start flying through the air and coming closer and closer to me. I moved quickly and only got slightly wet, my book not that lucky. It turns out the fire department was on the roof practising their hosing techniques I guess. They must looked down, didn't see anyone and hosed away. SDA Lady texted my asking how my afternoon was, so I told her. She said "why did they hose you? Are you OK?" and I'm sure you know what I replied...wait for it..."I was on fire for you baby!" Is that worse than her "you're the cream in my coffee" lol ? That one was just too easy!
The book I had been reading was one from a Seventh Day Adventist book group I decided to join. On my Saturday visit the bulletin said they were having this group to discuss a book outlining some major tenets of SDA theology and I, of course, will go anywhere that gives me a free book! SDA's believe they are "the" church chosen by God, they call it the "remnant church". I very much would like to understand the reasoning behind that. I'm guessing it's through a vision by Ellen G White, an SDA founder, but we'll see. So on Monday's I have meditation group, on Wednesday's I have SDA book group (conservative) and every second Friday I have book group at the United Church (liberal). Fun wow! So that's my update for today..."I was on fire for you baby!"...sometimes I just outdo myself!

W
OP Offline
W
btw, in case you're wondering, I did also tell her the real reason for the hosing...didn't leave her all worried that I was engulfed in flames or anything. I don't just go for the cheap laugh, I've got my limits too...well, some of the time anyway lol!

W
OP Offline
W
Another lovely day for a vacation day, beautiful weather. After travelling around today and sitting by the lake, I took D14 to her physio appointment and tonight I'm going to see a Christian singer, Jacob Moon, at a church.

W
OP Offline
W
If I sense a woman is into it, sure! SDA Lady and I are very affectionate towards each other. If we feel something, we say it! It may be silly teasing or something very sweet and affectionate. It's so neat to be able to do that with each other. I told her one of the things I liked about her was the fact that if she felt something towards me, she tells me. I've always been a pretty affectionate guy, I like to touch and hug. It's nice to have someone who appreciates it!

W
OP Offline
W
Busy day yesterday. SDA Lady and I were going to go to church together in the morning but she backed out because she had to go to a friends to pick up her resume (her gf is printing copies for her) and some belongings she's stored there. I went anyway now that I know when to kneel and how to get out of foot washing ceremonies. I stayed after the service for what they call Sabbath School, couldn't hear a word due to too many classes in one space so I left half way through. I came home had a nap and decided to go visit my Mom. On the way I stopped in for what I thought was a bible study, it's on my way to Mom's. I thought it might be interesting and I'm used to just dropping in anywhere to take part in things that interest me...oops, it was a meeting on how to go doorknocking and bring in the unbelievers. So I'm all set to go door to door evangelizing with the SDA in two weeks. They asked if I'd join them and I politely said "do you smell smoke in here?" and then ducked under a table lol... just kidding, but I'm dead serious about not going. Won't be visiting that group again! SDA Lady thought this was too funny. Live and learn, I guess. After this, I went directly to my Mom's and spent the evening eating veggie lasagna and playing scrabble. Hey, maybe I should give the SDA door knocking crew Mom's name and address ...just a thought, a wicked one mind you. Today, SDA Lady and I are to planning to go out together in the afternoon, hopefully her packing will be pretty much done. Her employer is moving on April 30th and SDA Lady, of course, has to pack her stuff on her own time...'cuz she has so much of it...NOT! It never ceases to amaze me how exploitive some people can be, unbelievable! So, maybe we'll see a movie and have dinner...or find an empty outlet mall parking lot and make out again lol. Voldy is taking the kids for the afternoon and evening to go Prom dress shopping with D18, so I can pick them up later in the evening. So, that's my day.

S
S
Just a question, Wii - why would she get paid to pack her own things for a move? I honestly don't think any of us gets that. Regardless of who we work for - we pack our things after work or on our days off.

Maybe I read that wrong.

And - did she invite you to go to church with her or did you offer to go? Sometimes people like to keep part of their lives to themselves.

Again - I might be off base. Just asking.

Hope you have a fun outing today

Barb

W
OP Offline
W
I said I'd be willing to go with her sometimes and she liked the idea. I don't think SDA is my thing though. Also, the SDA church I checked out isn't hers, it's just one she mentioned to me that she'd been to a couple of times. They have early morning services, which her church doesn't. So I mentioned I'd be glad to go with her sometimes and she said she'd like that. As far as the move, she's moving cuz they are so in my mind they should give her a little time to pack...considering she works 73 hours per week already. I'm biased though lol..
Hey, tonight was our 3 month anniversary! She didn't remember but I did lol. We had our first coffee date on January 22. Tonight we went to an Italian Restaurant and had a nice dinner. I'd wanted to take her to a different restaurant but when we got there it was closed. In the car on the way she apologized to me because when I phoned this afternoon she had forgotten that I had to pick up the kids in the evening. She'd asked me to pick her up at 4:30 pm after I'd suggested I drop over about 3:30 pm. She started by saying "Whatis, I want to say something to you" and then said "I want to apologize. I know you wanted more time together and I forgot about you having to pickup the girls. I could have finished what I was doing later in the evening. I'm sorry" I said that I was OK with her suggesting 4:30 pm but I said "It's so sweet that you would even think to say that. Thank you"
Later I picked up the girls at their Mom's and Voldy was in one of her fine moods. The girls warned me "Mommy's mad". Apparently she got into it with D18 about university. She also got a few shots in about yours truly, saying I don't spend enough time with the girls, I don't do anything regarding D 18's university blah blah blah "maybe I should just do nothing like your father" Ah, I can feel the love. She handed me a pile of university stuff and said "I expect you to read this and report to me on what you have read" I just burst out laughing and walked away. hey, you want me to read something then just say "could you please read these, I don't have time and we'll discuss it later" She's a gem. So it would also seem she still has herself all worked up about SDA Lady. When she says that I'm not spending enough time with the girls, that's what it means. I will ignore this evenings display of idiocy, my girls do. But if she continues to bad mouth me in front of my kids she'll be hearing from me. To say I do nothing is a huge joke. Last week, on her week with the kids I drove them to appointments on four evenings. The gratitude is overwhelming. Oh well, she is what she is.
So that's my day.

Page 18 of 30 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 29 30

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard