Get help from a Divorce Busting® Telephone Coach TODAY! We specialize in helping you get your marriage back on track, even when your spouse has one foot out the door. Don't be discouraged. We can help.
303-444-7004
or 800-664-2435
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#2225865 - 02/28/12 09:19 PM Dove Angel Prayer
Yasu Offline

Why pray for him?

I Sense There Is Something Wrong

In the past days, some strange things have "not been happening" with matters my husband has normally kept on top of. I have noticed a pattern over the last couple months of calls coming in from one of the mortgage companies. I have simply left VM, and it's been taken care of.

This month, nothing was taken care of. The calls persisted, and the late fees accumulated to the point where the mortgage company told me if I did pay at least the not pay the "underpayment" of the sheduled amount due on yesterday, we would recieve a negative credit mark - so of course I paid.

In this last week he has also received these same calls from the mortgage company on his cell and at work. I have tried to leave VM for him, bur his mailbox has been full since last Friday. I left a detailed message at his work this weekend that surely he would have gotten. I have not called him at the restaurant in two years, and it is very strange that he was not there answering the phone on a Saturday morning.

Letters from my attorney went out last week regarding this as well as late payment on my support check, and the urgent payment due to the mortgage company.

The Dove Angel Prayer

Last night, I have begun some special "visual" prayers because I sense that something is very wrong. I first hold my little puppy, Nike, and welcome him to our "new family.". I thank God for send us little Nike. I hold little Nike in my arms, and I envision little dove angels flying around his sweet little head like a wreath. I put My sleeping baby in his safe sleeping place and close the little door.

I hold my big girl, Athena, I thank you God, for giving me Athena, my strong girl, that has been by my side, and who has also shared the pain of our loss. Helmy Athena, Dear Lord, to overcome her depression. Please God, bring back her happiness, and youthfulness that I remember. Thank you God, for we do appreciate the improvements our new little Nike has given Athena. We are just anxious for more improvement! Because, I still see a sad look on Athena's face sometimes. But we are grateful for our progress. Please give me the strength to help Athena more than I do. Please help me to allow Athena to see me friend happy and smiling - because she does not fall for "act as if.". Athena falls asleep with angel doves watching over her.

I now lie down to sleep. I close my eyes. I picture my husband sleeping, wherever he may be. I wish his safety and health, Dear Lord. God, I realize that our relationship and marriage has been pre-determined by you. My path on this site, with these wonderful contributors is for me to learn from. This section is here for me to post my prayer, as it is an outstanding method available to me that I've never considered. Now, as my husband, or former husband to be sleeps, may your angels watch over him and protect him from evil. And then, I visualize the same angel doves circling over his little bald little Greek head.

May the Dove Angels be with all DBer's - quench their pain, and provide them happiness and peace.

Tonight, I will extend the prayer.
Divorce Final Sept. 17, 2012

#2226128 - 02/29/12 03:35 PM Re: Dove Angel Prayer [Re: Yasu]
Yasu Offline

Thank you Almighty God for showing me your miracle unfold with Broken74. He has made a compete turnaround, and seems so much more centered. May you watch over him, and send lovely dove angels to fly beside him thru his journey. Please, Dear Lord, help Broken keep a lid on his sardonic humor (which I so love and laugh my a$$ over), especially during this difficult time. May his wife learn to appreciate wicked humor, or at least tolerate such creativity, as we are all individuals made by your precious hand, God. Amen.

#2226239 - 02/29/12 09:25 PM Re: Dove Angel Prayer [Re: Yasu]
Yasu Offline

Again my prayers are answered by those on this forum who have taken an interest in my story, and have posed thoughtful questions to me tonight, brimming, Mr. Bond, and especially Exenos, who has restored my hope that perhaps indeed my Greek family still loves me (just the sheer possibilty of that is such a relief in my mind. That speaks to - don't believe what any of what he says!).

I know due to my poor memory and lack of lighting in this room, I have missed some contributors this evening. I thank all of you. God is great. I have a beatiful yard because my neighbors reached out and took care of this problem.

They just knew the the time came, and the money was short. And the entire yard was handled before I woke up from my nap. I guess I have already thanked God for these neighbors. I am so ashamed to come out of the house.

#2226460 - 03/01/12 02:53 PM Re: Dove Angel Prayer [Re: Yasu]
Broken74 Offline

Thank you so much for this Yas, you are a truly kind sould. I am praying for you and your sitch as well. We all need every bit of help we can get! God Bless You :-)
M in 05/2010
Separated 08/2011
Stephchildren (all hers) SS17, SS12, SD8
I filed 8/27, she countered I filed response 9/5
Anxiously waiting on the judge!

#2226528 - 03/01/12 06:57 PM Re: Dove Angel Prayer [Re: Broken74]
Yasu Offline

It has been a rough day, at least in my mind. My prayer is short. I thank almighty God for the kind words of wisdom that came to me from Mr. Bond and Rick64. They need to both know that their immediate responses totally shifted my paradigm at a critical point in time and space.

While I had not the strength to walk out of doors, I created my newest goals and boundaries with clarity. An additional goal is to physically walk out of doors, perhaps with my doggies, with freedom from my prison (as Mr. Bond points out) - and leave my isolation. Dear Lord, give me the strength to do this simple task. You have already granted me the kind neighbors at both residences to support me stepping outside the house in the little neighborhood.

However, I recall doing this same trial, when Nike was a puppy last March - and I was overwhelmed by all the people that came up to me. It was very freaky to me - and I was like a squirrel, and did not come out again. they were trying to be friendly, but there were too many at once.

Give dove angels to Mr. Bond and Rick64 so they have the most peaceful sleep tonight. God bless you guys. C

#2227627 - 03/05/12 09:32 AM Re: Dove Angel Prayer [Re: Yasu]
Yasu Offline

Perhaps the dove angels seem pretty silly on retrospect. But their image is still very strong in my mind. I've made a lot of mistakes recently. For which I feel very stupid and ashamed, as I did indeed have the knowledge to prevent at least the emotional mistakes.

Like I have told others, you can always begin another day. I am doing that very thing With God's direction and the guidance from esteemed members of DB forum. It is always an obvious conclusion of what you should have done.

Please, Dear Lord, Grant me the strength to make the right choices. I did so well tonight to begin the strategies to attain my new goals. Give me faith in my dove angels, and hope that they are not just some figment of my crazed imagination. If feel them and see them so clearly at bedtime when I pray and put each of my doggies down for sleep.

Then I always see the dove angels somewhere else, competing another. Tonight, I will imagine them with my mother.

I do not feel at all inclined to share my dove angels with my husbands bald little Greek head whilst he's sleeping tonight. For some reason, I don't give a GD shyt how he sleeps, or if the devil torments him. Isn't that terrible? How can I switch channels so quickly? I suppose I am hurt that he is no longer a part of me of his choice, this is clear by the fact he does not take my calls.

I must put that husband behind me - and only look to future pursuits. God, please give me strength to use the wisdom I am recieving wisely. Amen.

#2228935 - 03/08/12 02:38 PM Re: Dove Angel Prayer [Re: Yasu]
Rick1963 Offline

Loc: Piney Land
Thank you Yass that is very nice of you to pray for me. Believe me I need all the help I can get.
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 11/12
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

#2230741 - 03/15/12 01:05 AM Re: Dove Angel Prayer [Re: Rick1963]
Yasu Offline

Dear Almighty God,
It has been some days since I visited this wonderful prayer room you have directed me to.

I have thanks to give for the excellent medical care I have been receiving. Dr. A has found a good combination of meds, and has convinced me to try the alternative ADHD medication - Aderall. It has worked very well for the last two days, along with the increase in Welbutrin and introduction of Respersel again.

With my personal assistant, whom I am fortunate to have, I have finially become much more productive with his leadership and Dr. A medication.

I pray to be on my own for six hours tomorrow, dear Lord. Important deadlines must be met. Please give me strength to handle the bulk of this burdon on my own.

God, those that trespass agaist me, in an attempt to thwart me from my path of positive growth and forward movement, -- give me COURAGE to continue to stand my ground and not give up.

God bless all in this'd community, especially 25, who has taken so much time to take me on. Amen

#2231594 - 03/18/12 04:04 PM Re: Dove Angel Prayer [Re: Yasu]
Yasu Offline

Too many hopeless matters to write about, dear Lord. Everything is going as wrong as it can go. This must be your plan, however, I having some doubts about my strength and faith right now. I will pray for a more positive attitude, for my dove angels to come to me. They are gone.

#2232974 - 03/24/12 12:38 AM Re: Dove Angel Prayer [Re: Yasu]
Yasu Offline

The Dove Angels have not appeared to me yet. Over this time span of separation, since December 13, 2008, I have neglected many important things in my life. If you are one of the 803 readers I see who have visited my humble prayer site, I want you to deeply think about that fact.

That is roughly 3.4 years of neglecting other matters of importance, due to this marital crisis. I am late coming to DB. Are you?

I sincerely wish I had moved forward sooner. Or as they say, GAL. But in reality, I am not so sure this is so procedural once one has the blueprint. I believe there is a connection to the time period you have been together/married and the point where "real" - not "psudo" GALING takes place.

And too, I am not keen on the "self flagellation" of some certain posters that make it their full time investment to tear apart newcomers without knowing one shread about their psyche. Of course, no one is without their flaws. But too, one person in the marriage can, indeed, can destroy the foundation of the marriage - without it automatically being the fault as well of the other spouse.

Some spouses are plain mean, hateful, and selfish. Some are too kind, giving, and accommodating. This is a simple fact sometimes. People do the wrong things. DB can or cannot provide an opportunity for a free pass. It's all in how you want to twist it.

That is not to say I do not admire the principles of MWD, however, some posters I feel have gone overboard in their zelousness and repressed anger.

I pray for those that may skew concepts due to their own internal pain - and push newcomers to fast - to the point of giving up before starting.

Dove angels please come to me, and provide perspective in my low times. And thank you Lord, for finding the medications that have helped me be more productive this week. Please give me the strength to follow thru on my initiatives. Bless my doggies. Bless the DB posters that try so hard. Amen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004