Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
L
L
Great advice, Val.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
OP Offline
Thanks everyone for your thoughtful posts! I was going to respond and post some here tonight but I got caught up posting on several others threads and now see it is very late. Ugh! So I'll post tomorrow.

One little tidbit though.

W tells me that she is going to see her C tomorrow and thinks she should be able to drive and she won't need a ride from me. I ask her what time she is going and she says 9:15. I tell her how ironic, I'm seeing my C tomorrow as well at 8:30, (they're both work in the same practice). I ask her if she is sure she wouldn't like a ride. She says no thanks. I tell her, bet you've got a lot to talk about don't you! She smiles and nods in agreement.

Anyway, how strange is it going to be to have a session in one office with your estranged W having a session in the other office? I have to remember to keep my voice down, since walls are known to have ears. wink

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
C
C
Hope both sessions go well!

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
L
L
Originally Posted By: rickb89

KInd of like that Fabio guy, right? I'm sure 2TP is in his league.

^^^just what I was thinking!

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
OP Offline
Hardly! The closet I come to any famous person would be the part of T1000 from Terminator II. cool

Not quite Fabio. smile

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25

R
R
Originally Posted By: 2thepoint
Hardly! The closet I come to any famous person would be the part of T1000 from Terminator II. cool

Not quite Fabio. smile

The liguid metal guy? Cool.

OP Offline
Yes, that would be me. Knock me down and I just keep on coming back. Cut me in two. I'll just reform. You can't stop me! wink

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25

P
P
Start listening to that chumbawumba song that bklyn is always singing to herself.....

"I get knocked down, but I get up again and they ain't ever gonna keep me down....."

You have a great PMA!!!

M-31, H-31
T-9, M-7
S-6, s-20mth
sep 8/1/11
ILYNILWY 11/29/11
Creating separation papers.
Discover H has feelings for BFF, she does too 1/11/12
H moves out 1.20.12
R
R
2 how did the IC sessions go?

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

OP Offline
Hey Rick - not lots to report. My session was at 8:30 with one C and W's was at 9:15 with another. I heard her cough when she came in and I had to stop. Got really distracted for a time but then eventually continued on.

In my session I walked the C through the events of the past week. Shared my conversations I had had with my W. Talked about this new "friend" who seems to have taken an interest in me and my associated guilt (for what, I haven't a clue!). And we talked about what must be running through my W's mind at the moment.

I like my C because he allows us to mind read every so often, (I find it therapeutic and fun) but we don't dwell on it. Just do it and move on. Kind of like 1/2 time entertainment.

I asked him based upon our many sessions what he was thinking about me, my sitch, my attitude, my prognosis.... He said that I was the model client. That I am very introspective, self aware, I journal... A lot! and I am completely open about how I am feeling and where my head is at each week. He says a lot of his clients are in denial about their own behavior, their thinking, their motives, etc. But apparently not me...guess I've got him fooled. wink

Later in the day after I went out and did some of my own GAL stuff, I spoke with my W and asked her how her session went and she said it went fine. Then a long pause.... then she went on to tell me that her C actually cried. I said I thought the client was supposed to be the one who cried, what gives? And she said her C is just sensitive. She said that the C and her assistant both cried when they heard the news last week that she was in the hospital.

She went on to tell me that she shared her experience with the minister in the hospital and the priest who inserted himself into her dream and how that had made her feel. She also said that she told her C what a great job I had been doing with the boys. How I had them really whipped into shape and that they were old enough now to take on more responsibility, etc.

So that was about it. I'm sure there were other deeper things my W discussed in her session, but she was not saying. I was a little surprised that she said I was doing great with the boys, instead of how "wonderful I've been in taking care of her". Maybe she had that discussion, but it was clear she wasn't going to share that with me.

Later in the day, I grabbed a few pizzas and brought them home for dinner, then W and I got cravings for frozen Yogurt so we gathered up the boys and headed down the road to pick up some prescriptions and then some frozen yogurt. The boys were really rambunctious and W said they were really wearing her out, so I turned around to tell the boys to settle down and when they wouldn't listen, I yelled at them and W says, "you don't need to yell at them, can we just go."

And here we are back in the same damn dynamic as before the bomb! Ugh!

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard