Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
G
OP Offline
G
Previous thread:

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2222599&#Post2222599

Wow, third thread already. I'll take this opportunity to thank all of you that helped get me here. I'm still a mess to be sure, but this process becomes more intuitve every day. I'm learning what works and what does not work (mostly). So fortunate to be here - thanks folks!

Me: 44
Bomb: 11/27/11
Divorced:6/12
Life goes on: 6/13

Dogs still like bacon...a lot.
M
M
Smells fresh in here....

Like Monkey Febreeze..

G
OP Offline
G
Let's hope I can keep it that way. I'm getting soo tired of "hanging in there". Sometimes I feel like W is DBing me? Ice cold...

Again, this would be so much easier if I had a dialogue with her. Love to insert logic into a sitch. Usually hose myself in doing so.

M
M
Originally Posted By: Grmpy_Mnky
Usually hose myself in doing so.

How so ???

R
R
Planet Apeman - you mentioned in an earlier post about Nice Guy Syndrome. I think I heard Brklyn mention this too. I googled the book No More Mr Nice Guy and read the common characteristics. There was enough there for me to decide to download the book on the Nook I just bought. Going to do that tonight and see if it helps.

Hope you have a great weekend!

B
B
Hey Grmpy,

Just wanted to wish you a happy weekend man. I just caught up on your sitch and it seems like we have a lot of things of common. I'm going to have to check into this nice-guy syndrome. It also happens to be the case that I am currently in the sub-zero freezer as well whereas things were looking up on Tuesday. It sounds like you are doing the right things, I am also challenged in how to make her see changes when we don't really have anything tying us together... Makes it tough.

I wanted to ask if I can join you in your journey to the June move on date "target". I think that will help because although I know "putting a timer on affairs of the heart" is not good, I need some type of stake in the ground...

I appreciate the kick in the pants this week I needed it and I am sure I will need another. I'm right here with you man keep your chin up. Thanks again!

me 38
W 30
T 3
M in 05/2010
Separated 08/2011
Stephchildren (all hers) SS17, SS12, SD8
I filed 8/27, she countered I filed response 9/5
Anxiously waiting on the judge!
G
OP Offline
G
Hey guys. Yeah, I found the book to be very helpful in several different areas of my sitch and outlook. The title can be misleading. It is in no way about being a jerk to the W. When reading that book I discovered that I would do anything to please my W. I did not want to fight. When we did fight is was some nasty stuff because I had kept soo much garbage indside my head for so long. Like a simian pressure cooker.

BTW - monkey was my W's nickname for me partly because I would fling emotional poo when I finally lost it. Still, guess that's better than love bunny or something grin

G
OP Offline
G
I appreciate the kick in the pants this week I needed it and I am sure I will need another. I'm right here with you man keep your chin up. Thanks again!

No worries, I'm sure you and many others will have ample opportunity to "get me back on track too!"

Note to self - do not get on the boards following a night donwstairs for meat and merlot blush

R
R
Originally Posted By: Grmpy_Mnky
Hey guys. Yeah, I found the book to be very helpful in several different areas of my sitch and outlook. The title can be misleading. It is in no way about being a jerk to the W. When reading that book I discovered that I would do anything to please my W. I did not want to fight. When we did fight is was some nasty stuff because I had kept soo much garbage indside my head for so long. Like a simian pressure cooker.

BTW - monkey was my W's nickname for me partly because I would fling emotional poo when I finally lost it. Still, guess that's better than love bunny or something grin
[censored] yeah if yor gonna go down at least you got a cool nickname...i need to read this book ....i think some of it applies

M
M
I read the book and found it to be very insightful. At times it felt like this guy must have been in my head! Gonna have to see how this plays out in future relationships but I am thinking it will help a lot.

Ok, my S10 shared a joke today, "What is invisible and smells like bananas? "

"Monkey farts!" Lol

Michael

Me:46 /W:37
M:13 /T:16
D's:19,18,17,6
S:10
W filed 8/15/11
Court 9/21/12

Conflict is inevitable. Combat is optional.
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard