Get help from a Divorce Busting® Telephone Coach TODAY! We specialize in helping you get your marriage back on track, even when your spouse has one foot out the door. Don't be discouraged. We can help.
303-444-7004
or 800-664-2435
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#2225331 - 02/27/12 08:09 AM Re: The Power of Prayer [Re: 31nheartbroken]
31nheartbroken Offline

I think god has been at work a few times in my sitch this week, times that I know about anyway!! smile

1. Ok, so, just after I finished posting the other night about the little signs from god, I had some information about my sitch thrown into my face!!

I got an email reminder on my phone, so I opened it and it was a FB notification (have avoided FB at all cost here lately cause H is always doing something to upset me, much like the rest of you, deleting pics, status, etc.). I said to myself I'll see what it is. Type FB in bar and up pops H's FB STILL LOGGED IN!!!! UGH! My heart is racing out of my chest because I have suspected, since H came home, that there was OW. Now is the time to see. There it was plain as day, messages between them. To my surprise their R went a lot further back than I thought. Back to the deployment, on deployment, fraternization!! UGH!! H is much better than this, this is not him, to risk his career like this!!

Anyway, I now have new info in my sitch and I believe I needed this info to present to him, so he will stop his R with this person. I believe it will make him stop because as soon as he knows I know then he will realize how much he could hurt his career!

2. I found out from a legal aid that H may not be able to file in FL because he might not be considered a resident(they have no waiting period and an uncontested D could be complete in as little as 1 month). I had been struggling to delay this process. H hasn't filed and was willing to work with me (trying to keep it uncontested). I was running out of options and getting very worried that I wouldn't be able to hold him off much longer.

I asked her if the court would want proof or just accept his claim of being a resident. She said they would probably let it go if you don't contest it. So, I started praying about which state would be more beneficial. By this point, so angry over the new info, I was done delaying and was only looking at it in the perspective of how the kids and I will be best financially taken care of. I did some calling around to gather as much info as I could to proceed with my decision (the whole time praying for god to help me decide which one was the best choice). I found out immediately that H is NOT considered a resident there and he is considered a resident in NC. Well, that answered my questions. It's out of my hands I have no choice. God gave me more TIME in my M!! He gave my H more time to process his decision a decision that could be effected by the soon to be demise of his R with OW.

3. H had to go to school yesterday and called needing some extra money for his room because the Navy hadn't given him the money he will need yet. I had an opportunity to show H that, although we have been arguing and he is convinced I want all of his money, that I do still care about him by dropping what I was doing, loading the kids, and rushing to the bank to deposit some of MY saved money!

H hadn't REALLY needed me or my help for something yet, but this gave him an opportunity to need me and for me to be there! He couldn't ask OW!

I think god gave me this opportunity to help and him the opportunity to NEED me and see I was there, just like always!!

We spoke on the phone after the deposit, and he "accidentally" said love you. I was holding out for a thank you and he let that slip first, then a silence from both of us before he said thank you, so I said your welcome. I think that he was thankful that although he's been a butthead I was there and I think it made him feel warm and fuzzy and he accidentally said those words.

Either way, I feel like god is helping me to continue the fight for my M, giving me ways to accomplish it, and giving my H ways to see his true feelings for me. I know it doesn't happen over night, but a long string of these kinds of things and over time stuff changes!
S10, D4
H deploys 01/11
H R&R two weeks 10/11
ILYBNILWY/sep 12/11
homecoming 1/12
pos D 1/13

Let the "real" battle begin!!

#2225333 - 02/27/12 08:34 AM Re: The Power of Prayer [Re: 31nheartbroken]
ces67 Offline

I've been thinking more about how answers to prayers don't come the way we want and how frustrating it can be. And let me just clarify, these are thoughts, not answers....

First, I thought about how people in the Bible didn't get the answer to prayers they wanted.

Jesus asked that God would spare him the burden of the cross. But he went anyway.

David prayed that the life if his & Bathsheba's son be spared. He son died soon after. What's interesting here is that during his time of prayers, David, fasted, didn't take time to take care of himself and prayed continually. After his son passed away, he got up, cleaned up and ate. His behavior was so contrary to what people expected that his servants even asked him about it. David's reply was, that he did all he could before his son died. Now that God had provided an answer, there was nothing more he could do but trust God and move on. This is not a typical response for me...

Yesterday's sermon was about how people want Jesus "and..." The idea is that we often ask for Jesus to be the main item in our life but our actions indicate that what we really want is Jesus "and" something else. And if the something else doesn't come then we give up on Jesus. If this is the case, then do we really want Jesus or do we want what we expect him to do for us?

I'm guilty. I want Jesus AND my marriage restored. I want Jesus AND my financial problems to go away. I want Jesus AND (insert whatever).

If I take away the "ands", do I really just want Jesus in my life?

If my W never chooses to forgive and work on our marriage, do I still want Jesus in my life? If my finances are ruined as a result of a divorce, will I still want Jesus as my savior?

I have trust issues when it comes to God. I confess this to Him on a regular basis now.

"Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness. And all these things will be added to you." Jesus Christ.

I read this and think I need the "all these things" to come first before me seeking God first. God has said, that isn't how it works. He is the source of all good things. But I'm still seeking the "good things" either first or along side God. I'm making them equal to God with my desire.

I'm working through this. My head gets that I need to focus on God and trust he will be enough, always, no matter what. My heart still struggles to take control and move things the way I think they need to happen.

Again, just my random thoughts & ramblings...
Bomb: July 2010
Stopped MC for 2nd time late summer 2013
Dropping the rope...

#2225352 - 02/27/12 10:04 AM Re: The Power of Prayer [Re: kyma]
2thepoint Offline

Hi Kyma! Sorry you are here. Interesting that your first post is on this thread!

The best place to post your sitch is in the newcomers forum. There is a lot of traffic on that forum and so you are sure to get real good advice. You'll be on moderation for awhile so post often and eventually you'll be free to post as often as you need to.

Good luck!

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife

#2225354 - 02/27/12 10:09 AM Re: The Power of Prayer [Re: ces67]
2thepoint Offline

That was a very thoughtful post, CES. It give me much to think about.

Thanks for sharing!

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife

#2225406 - 02/27/12 01:10 PM Re: The Power of Prayer [Re: ces67]
antlers Offline

Originally Posted By: ces67
The idea is that we often ask for Jesus to be the main item in our life but our actions indicate that what we really want is Jesus "and" something else.

So what? What's wrong with wanting Him 'and' something else? He promises to do what we ask of Him in prayer...and when He doesn't...there's always a reason why He didn't do what He said He would! It (The Bible) says what it does. It doesn't mention all the extraneous stuff that folks come up with on why prayers don't get answered. It kinda rocks a person's faith.

#2225490 - 02/27/12 04:43 PM Re: The Power of Prayer [Re: antlers]
ces67 Offline

Its a fair question. I'm working through it myself. My first thought is what do we want more? Do we want God in our life because he does what we want him to do, or do we want God because of the love he has already shown us (i.e. Savior of our sins?)

What would our other relationships be if we based it upon whether or not we got what we asked for?
Bomb: July 2010
Stopped MC for 2nd time late summer 2013
Dropping the rope...

#2225499 - 02/27/12 05:22 PM Re: The Power of Prayer [Re: ces67]
antlers Offline

Originally Posted By: ces67
What would our other relationships be if we based it upon whether or not we got what we asked for?

Our relationship with the Creator of the universe, who is omnipotent and omnipresent, and clearly states in His Word that He will answer our prayers...can't be compared to our relationship with another human being.

#2225533 - 02/27/12 08:44 PM Re: The Power of Prayer [Re: antlers]
rickb89 Offline

Kyma...once you begin your new thread in newcomers forum you will find a great numbers of loving people who will walk with you this. See you there.

#2225536 - 02/27/12 08:59 PM Re: The Power of Prayer [Re: rickb89]
rickb89 Offline

Antlers & Ces...the universe works on such a grand scale and when we seek to evolve, and have a pure desire to do so with strength and resolve despite our fear, the universe seeks to open a path for us to walk on. Like you said CES, we are given the tools and weapons we need, but then we have to walk our own walk and cross our own battlefields. Prayer is not a menu we place orders from. In prayer seek only that you and others have the opportunity to grow. What good would it do for our soul journeys to be handed whatever we ask for. We are our own creators and are blessed with free will. In this manner we can evolve and join with the creator......atonement.....at.....onement....get it?

#2225546 - 02/27/12 09:42 PM Re: The Power of Prayer [Re: rickb89]
antlers Offline

Matthew 7:7  ”Ask, and it will be given to you seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you."

Matthew 21:22  "And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

Mark 11:24  "Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."

John 14:13-14  "Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it."

These are all straight from the Bible. They say what they say. Period. No wishy washy. No beating around the bush. They are straightforward.

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Virginia 

Save Your Marriage! Schedule Online

Schedule a phone consultation with a Divorce Busting® Coach! Call: 800-664-2435 or 303-444-7004