Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
C
C
So what kind of guitar did you get???? You mentioned classical. I have several classic acoustic guitar CD's that I keep at work to play in the background. Love the sound.

My first was a Yamaha. My parents bought it off an older guy at our church who grew up playing bluegrass in Kentucky honkey-tonks. The story just makes it more fun to play.

Photography would be tons of fun!

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
B
B
I have been playing guitar since November. I stink but love it. Enjoy

----
M 39
H 35
D5,D4
M 4
T 9
ILYBNILWY 5/18/11
Left 7/11/11
Divorced 12/1/13

R
R
You gotta believe Vancouver is a great place to live! . Just because we have rain most of the year and riot when we don't win the stanley cup.. Lol. It's actually a really beautiful city. So if anyone wants to come check it out...

Poor Vancouver, losing the cup to The big bad Boston Bruins! Besides the Stanley Cup devastation I would love to see your city!

I did it! I bought a guitar with my very own cc!

Funny, when the bomb dropped on me I began playin guitar again, and taking lessons with my S13. I stopped to save $, thinking of starting up again. I loved it!

As for world war z.. That sounds like it may be right up my alley! it was sort of a joke when I use to say to H.. When the apocalypse comes.. Then I would strategize how we would enlist the neighbours and survive as a community. Hahaha.. My survival skills were all learned from movies.

If you want I will send you the book. Just let me know where to send it. (send a PM) The boys and I always have theses discussion about various apocalyptic scenarios and what we will do to survive. They sometimes say stuff like they wish it would happen and what a cool adventure it would be, you know how guys are. I ask them to consider that we might be in the midst of one right now. And no, we're not some nutcase survivalist group........

When D saw him this morning she said.. I'm happy! I missed you daddy! I think that if anything can fuel change from H it will be D and S. Whether he chooses to make any changes is a different story.

You wonder how a parent and S can do such a thing. I've been reading some stuff on the MLC topic and I see now how it can happen. You just hope they can get through it before your family is changed forever. Maybe if you read some of the threads you will feel better in nthat at least there's an explanation. It made me feel a little better.

Would it be better if H came back? I'm not sure. I guess it's a gamble like most everything in life.

Barely - I'm asking myself the same question. If you met your H today, or I met my W today, and there was all this baggage they have, and problems, and not knowing who they are and where they fit in in the family if at all, you would probably run for high ground (much like you would in a zombie attack). We know our spouses in many ways and its mostly the stuff you fell in love with that's buried underneath their crisis. On the other hand, they have become total strangers to us, an who are we remarrying if they come back into our M's?

Hope you have a good day today, hope your D gets better, hope you get better. (((banana)))

B
BFloat Offline OP
OP Offline
B
ces - i just bought a cheap acoustic guitar off ebay. i figure if i really enjoy it, i will make the leap and invest in a quality instrument. also.. figured my kids will probably want to strum on it and cheap was the way to go!

bklyn - made me think of when i was younger and decided to take up violin. i was awful!! my sister use to beg my dad to make me stop!! smile

rick - take up the guitar again! then ces, bklyn, you and i can all get together and start our own band to GAL. can't guarantee anyone will come hear us play though. lol

last night as i was tucking the kids in for bed, S said.. wait! we have to call daddy! so.. we did. well, if the kids want to call, then i have no objectives.

this morning it started snowing as H txted to see if we needed the SUV. i didn't think so but, asked if he could come take S to school. i didn't think this was pursuing since D is still sounding like a frog and i didn't want to take her outside if i could avoid it. i figured, her needs are my priority. she's his D too. i didn't doubt that he would come so i did make sure to say thank you. it was sincere. i did really appreciate it.

back at work tonight. back the grind. i am getting excited!! one more week and then my little adventures w/ the kids begin. the island first w/ my gf.. and then the following week.. just the kids and i and the solitude of the ocean. i've booked it and everything so now i am definitely going!

is it possible to GAL at work? hmmmm.. on my break i could look up youtube tutorials for my camera. good idea!

i am just a tad sad today. my second purchase on my cc was to pay off my practicing license for the year. $475 just for the privilege of working. boo hoo. i guess i should be happy i have a job!!

Me:38.. H:33.
Two beautiful kids S:6 D:3
M:8.. together for 11.
Bomb dropped:10/17/11
Separated:11/07/11
"i guess i should be happy i have a job!!"

Yes ^^^^^

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
"this morning it started snowing as H txted to see if we needed the SUV. i didn't think so but, asked if he could come take S to school. i didn't think this was pursuing since D is still sounding like a frog and i didn't want to take her outside if i could avoid it. i figured, her needs are my priority. she's his D too. i didn't doubt that he would come so i did make sure to say thank you. it was sincere. i did really appreciate it."

When it relates to the kids, I don't see it as pursuit. Especially since it was your H who initiated the contact and made the offer for the car. You are being a good mom and hopefully he is being a good dad.

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
B
BFloat Offline OP
OP Offline
B
One of the "perks" of being single.. Having a bowl of cereal for dinner.

L
L
Popcorn has become one of my favorite dinners.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
B
BFloat Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Sitting here at work getting paid very well to be a potato.

I'm so tired. Have been feeling very tired the past couple of days. More so than usual. H said to let him know if I ever wanted him to come over for a few hours so i could get extra sleep. I realize this is a very nice gesture but it does seem odd to me at the same time.

It seems as though calling H at bedtime has become the new routine. Tonight, S told H that he loved him the same as he loved mommy. S then asked if H was going to come in the morning to take him to school. H seems happy to do that. I'm hesitant because in the past, H would start building up resentment towards us because then he felt tied down and had to come home rather than going out w/ work buddies. I really don't know what's going on in that head of his.

When H came to take S to school yesterday, he asked me to pass him something and our hands actually touched. I remember thinking how odd it was because we have been purposefully tip toeing around each other. It's like our skin will disintegrate on contact or something. So dumb. Especially having been together for so long to now be like this. It's baffling.

L
L
Quote:
our hands actually touched. I remember thinking how odd it was because we have been purposefully tip toeing around each other. It's like our skin will disintegrate on contact or something. So dumb. Especially having been together for so long to now be like this. It's baffling.

Isn't it so true. I think for those of us LBSs what makes this so difficult is the WA had already emotionally left us long before they physically left, they just didn't really let us know. And even tho we weren't always happy we kept slogging along, and then wham.

As for the taking to school stuff, no eepectations (but I know you know that)

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard