Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
B
BFloat Offline OP
OP Offline
B
i had a great time watching the oscars! it was riddled w/ kid meltdowns and fights about lego but.. all in all.. a good time. smile really nice to be able to spend time with friends who are totally on the same track w/ their own kids.

another great thing! i finally got a chance to check my mail yesterday and.. my cc came! i can't believe how one little card can make me feel so much more independent and secure! i'm not sure why i didn't do it sooner. sigh. i don't know why i didn't do a lot of things sooner.

i can't believe february is almost over. march will fly by due to spring break and then.. it will be april. which means it will be time for retrouvaille. i'm getting nervous! i think because i wonder if we'll even make it there. and if we do, how weird will it be to spend 3 days together? i'm sort of dreading the awkwardness!

ok. enough about that. it's going to make my head spin.

one more day off. today i think i will really start to focus and trying to make my home feel more like.. my home.

Me:38.. H:33.
Two beautiful kids S:6 D:3
M:8.. together for 11.
Bomb dropped:10/17/11
Separated:11/07/11
R
R
BF - Glad you had a good time watching the Oscars. I did too!

Love that your cc came and your feel more independent. These days it helps, I'm sure.

Still love the fact that your H said he would go to Retrouvaille. (well, love and jealous at the same time!) April will be here before you know it.

Good luck on fixing the house up. Target clearance is always good for cheap housewares. I started this frenzy of throwing things away about a month ago. H was out of town and came back, saw our bedroom, and was like Wow, you REALLY cleaned out in here. I think he might have even checked to see if all of his stuff was still there. LOL

Me:37
H:GONE

Happy and loving life.
R
R
Hi Barely! Glad you enjoyed The Oscars. I missed it but did watch Walking Dead with sons and friends. Its become a Sunday night ritual here. Thanks for the heads up to not watch Tower Heist! I knew it would fail.

It seems like your keeping your head and heart pointed in the right direction. I love reading your cheerfull posts.

(((Barely)))

B
BFloat Offline OP
OP Offline
B
The first thing I'm going to buy with my very own cc is a guitar. I've always been fascinated by classical guitar. I also have memories of my dad playing. When I was younger, my piano teacher did not allow me to play guitar because she said I would lose the sensitivity in my fingers needed for piano (she was convinced i was going to go far in piano.. How wrong she was) smile. But now that I am all grown up.. I'm going to learn how to play the dang guitar if I feel like it!!!

Rick - I love the walking dead!! H and I use to watch season 1 together. Use to watch a lot of zombie movies together! I am just a tad obsessed. Lol. My GAL activity for tomorrow night.. Curl up with season 2!

Ro - I once threw out notes that H had taken on some communication tool thinking he would never look at it again. And wouldn't you know it? He went looking for it a day later. Luckily it was just in the recycling bin.

Ugh! Actually working a day shift tomorrow. That is going to be so weird. Have to be up by 5. Good thing I was able to take a lovely nap again this afternoon.

When I put the kids to bed tonight, D said she wanted to talk to daddy. It was sort of random and out of the blue. So we called him. Kids were so happy. Telling him how much they love and miss him. Sometimes I wonder if he thinks about all that he's missing out on. The everyday cuddles.. The random kisses.. Watching D tell the mirror she misses it..

I think I'll just focus in how happy I'm not missing it.

C
C
Have fun with the guitar! That's one of my GAL goals for the year as well. Got my first acoustic when for Christmas when I was 16. Still have it too. This year I want to expand my chords to actually play a song.

Have fun! Lots of online tutorials now to get going.

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
R
R
Barely...if you're into zombies read World War Z....insanely interesting book about how each country deals with a zombie apocalypse. Its written as if it actually happened and is a number of interviews from those who survivied it.

The book mades the rounds around my house - males and females alike enjoyed it.

R
R
Just read on MSN.com, Vancouver is #5 best place to live in the world......Boston no where to be seen on the list

P
P
Enjoy the zombies, I'll have to pass on that moviefest!! My active imagination takes over and I can't ever sleep! H learned early on that he would have to sleep with every light on and get up to check out every sound in the house if he made me watch a scary/horror movie.... Needless to say, we've only watched 3 together!

The guitar sounds awesome!! And the satisfaction you'll get from buying it with your OWN cc will make the notes that much sweeter!!

M-31, H-31
T-9, M-7
S-6, s-20mth
sep 8/1/11
ILYNILWY 11/29/11
Creating separation papers.
Discover H has feelings for BFF, she does too 1/11/12
H moves out 1.20.12
B
BFloat Offline OP
OP Offline
B
You gotta believe Vancouver is a great place to live! wink. Just because we have rain most of the year and riot when we don't win the stanley cup.. Lol. It's actually a really beautiful city. So if anyone wants to come check it out...

I did it! I bought a guitar with my very own cc! And I don't have to explain it to anyone! I actually bought a book for learning guitar for H a couple of years ago which i think will now become mine. Hmmm.. Just thought of another GAL activity.. Get some some photography tutorials from YouTube! Thanks ces sparking that idea! I've checked out makeup and hair styles but didn't think about guitar and now photography!

As for world war z.. That sounds like it may be right up my alley! it was sort of a joke when I use to say to H.. When the apocalypse comes.. Then I would strategize how we would enlist the neighbours and survive as a community. Hahaha.. My survival skills were all learned from movies. smile

so today I didn't get to work. D woke up at 0430 coughing and wanting to get up. Txted H to let him know he didn't have to take S to school but he wanted to come because he said he really missed them. My mom and niece were here so I thought H would just leave afterwards. He ended up hanging around.. Had some food (probably at my mom's insistance).. Played w/ D and niece. Then he went to wash his hair so he could go get a haircut. He just sort of.. Lingered. It was weird.

When D saw him this morning she said.. I'm happy! I missed you daddy! I think that if anything can fuel change from H it will be D and S. Whether he chooses to make any changes is a different story.

For me, I'm getting use to being by myself. Not that it's what I want but, it's not the end of the world. Could things be better? Oh most definitely. Would it be better if H came back? I'm not sure. I guess it's a gamble like most everything in life.

L
L
Quote:
I guess it's a gamble like most everything in life.
So, so true.

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard