Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
H
OP Offline
H
ok so her stuff is now gone and its pretty depressing.

I guess it was her, her father, her uncle, and her sister that all came to help. a little excessive for the stuff that she took.

she left wedding photos but took our hunnymoon photos??????? i just don't get her sometimes. my sister in law was here to let her in because they still get along. she was talking to my w's sister and she asked how is she doing? her sister said shes sad thats shes doing this to him but other than that shes ok.

S
S
Quote:
I guess it was her, her father, her uncle, and her sister that all came to help. a little excessive for the stuff that she took.

Yes, she brought her family army for backup.

You need to have things planned that will keep you out of the house and busy. Don't stay there drowning in memories or "what may have been".

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
H
OP Offline
H
i have no one to do anything with

R
R
Hard you have yourself to do things with. I know how u feel but things will look better soon. Think of things you want to do? You are stronger than you feel right now. Remember who you once were? Don't let the depression take a hold of you. Keep reading and posting

M 53
D 20
Separated 6/22/11 moved out 10/24
Together 26 yrs
Married 16
W Filed for D 7/21/11
Served 9/6/11
D final 8/28/12

“Failure is not fatal, but failure to change might be.”

John Wooden

S
S
No family, no friends, no coworkers, no neighbors, nobody? Maybe it's time to step out of the comfort zone and make new friends. In the meantime, look into volunteering for some organizations or individual things that are important to you, go to events, placs, do hobbies, shop, whatever it takes to stay busy.

There was a man on the board not long ago that really had nobody but his W and baby. He had no job and knew nobody where he had moved. After W left him, he looked around where he lived and noticed several elderly people he could help with shoveling snow off the steps, and things like that. It helped his depression by focusing on others who needed help. Just a thought.

It is not about what you feel should work in your M. It is about doing the work that gets the right results. Do what works!
H
OP Offline
H
im out of work. all my friends are married or in a relationship. my family is usually busy. my previous life was a high school student so right now im just very lost. everything that is important to me has walked out the door and the anxiety i have keeps me from doing things alone

H
OP Offline
H
she left a blanket that our cat likes so i was thinking of sending a text saying Thank you for leaving the blanket for Terrence I appreciate that. Its nice to see your caring side of you again.

is that last part too much

H
OP Offline
H
im going to assume its too much then since nobody has answered and just not send it for now

A
A
I wouldn't send it. Especially not the last sentence. Leaving a blanket doesn't sound like much to be so thankful for so it sounds more like an excuse to reach out to her. The last sentence sounds like trying to make her feel guilty. Are you following the 37 rules?

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
A
A
You mentioned in your first post how awful it is to have this out of your control. The best thing about DBing is that it gives you back control - but only over those things which you can control. You'll feel a lot better when you're working on yourself.

Can you tackle that anxiety? Get treated for it, try breaking out of your comfort zone and experiencing small successes, try meditation or exercise or whatever helps?

What's your job search focus? Can you do an unpaid internship for a short term to get some resume material and experience? Can you volunteer at a charity to pick up some experience and contacts?

Do whatever it takes to get your focus off of her and on improving yourself. She won't come back because she feels guilty, but she might come back if she sees a strong responsible thriving new you that is attractive to her. And if that doesn't bring her back, you still have all those improvements to help you have a great future even if it's without her. Your sitch is still very new - take a look around the forum and you'll see how long some others have been at this. It's called the gift of time - use it for yourself.

Adinva 51, S20, S18
M24 total
6/15/11-12/1/12 From IDLY to H moving out
9/15/15-3/7/17 From negotiating SA to final D at age 50
5/8/17-now: New relationship with an old friend
__
Happiness is a warm puppy.
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard