Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
R
R
Thought you might like to know one of your brothers, Davey Jones of The Monkees, has passed away.

G
OP Offline
G
Yeah just saw that. Poor little guy never became a "silver back". frown

Me: 44
Bomb: 11/27/11
Divorced:6/12
Life goes on: 6/13

Dogs still like bacon...a lot.
G
OP Offline
G
Hey mom - I'm compelled to keep it light most of the time. Some days I get on the boards and while theraputic, it sometimes brings me down to see everbody hurting. Got to go with the levity.

R
R
Your humor is much appreciated by all, and it is therapuetic

B
B
^^^^^ agreed!

Me:38.. H:33.
Two beautiful kids S:6 D:3
M:8.. together for 11.
Bomb dropped:10/17/11
Separated:11/07/11
G
OP Offline
G
Thanks

So this afternoon I am leaving work early to go see my shrink over in Jackson. I emailed the wife to let her know that I was going to swing by the house to grab my summer uniforms. I added that she might want to put some clothes on (she is working from home today) just to lighten the interaction. She jus sent back a short - "thanks for letting me know."

First contact in a long time today. I'm really dreading going by that place because I always leave as a ball of emotions. Its still "my" house and I wish it was not such a big deal to go over there. This is friggin silly.

R
R
G-monk. I know that must be so tough. Its' not silly at all. Just accept the emotions, let them run through you and know that in a while you can take them out and look at them. Step by step my friend. We need to forget about linear time for a long while I suspect.

G
OP Offline
G
Well yesterday was "different". I think I'm finally starting to see a crack in the wall. Now I am preparing myself for the backlash from the W.

She was actually rather engaging yesterday. I was only at the house for about 15 mins. Again, I got the "you are so happy". "This proves that we were not good for each other".
My repsonse: No, it proves that I needed this to happen so I could make the changes that I needed to be happy. I am indeed the happiest I have been in many years. This is not because I am away from you, but rather, I found myself again.

Wife: "I do not beleive your changes are permanent".
Me: I'm sorry you feel that way. Look, I will be happy and forever grateful if we get another shot at our M. If we don't, I will still be happy and grateful for the time we had.

She texted me a couple times out of the blue last night too. It was financial stuff, but still - a big difference.

C
C
Good stuff. Laid it out plain and simple as a response and moved on!

Keep it up and keep believing this statement:

"Look, I will be happy and forever grateful if we get another shot at our M. If we don't, I will still be happy and grateful for the time we had."

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
L
L
Originally Posted By: Grmpy_Mnky
Well yesterday was "different". I think I'm finally starting to see a crack in the wall. Now I am preparing myself for the backlash from the W.

She was actually rather engaging yesterday. I was only at the house for about 15 mins. Again, I got the "you are so happy". "This proves that we were not good for each other".
My repsonse: No, it proves that I needed this to happen so I could make the changes that I needed to be happy. I am indeed the happiest I have been in many years. This is not because I am away from you, but rather, I found myself again.

Wife: "I do not beleive your changes are permanent".
Me: I'm sorry you feel that way. Look, I will be happy and forever grateful if we get another shot at our M. If we don't, I will still be happy and grateful for the time we had.

She texted me a couple times out of the blue last night too. It was financial stuff, but still - a big difference.

Wow, just wow! That's going in my DB Words of Wisdom file. I need to memorize it.

(((gm)))

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard