Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
R
rickb89 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: barely floating
i think you have discovered the secret to setting loving boundaries and learning how to detach. did you patent it??

i was deeply moved by your words and your insight. you will definitely inspire your boys to become awesome men.

you have value. this...

"He's hoppin' around the board spreading rose petals and sunshine!
That's our rickb89!"

does not. *shudder* however.. if you choose to put on swim trunks while doing so.. i may change my mind.

Yeah...that might bring to mind a little chubby cherub gaily flitting around the DB board. Let's hope that's not me! Swim trunks in Feb? Hmmmmm...

R
rickb89 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: labug
Ohhh did that ^^^^ come across wrong. rickb is always visiting threads and pumping everyone up.

Didn't mean any disrespect.

Thanks for going to bat for me LA!!!!

That's all I need....to be perceived as the little fat cherub with the bow and arrow on VD! Imagine getting branded with that image in cyber world ha ha.

Originally Posted By: rickb89
i think you have discovered the secret to setting loving boundaries and learning how to detach. did you patent it??

i was deeply moved by your words and your insight. you will definitely inspire your boys to become awesome men.

you have value. this...

That's our rickb89!"

does not. *shudder* however.. if you choose to put on swim trunks while doing so.. i may change my mind.

Yeah...that might bring to mind a little chubby cherub gaily flitting around the DB board. Let's hope that's not me! Swim trunks in Feb? Hmmmmm...

At the time I read this I think it was valentines day or the day after and I had visions of Rick as cupid slinging his love arrows all over the place. Come to think of it doesn't cupid wear red speedos? laugh Does that work for you BF?

Me51 W53 S17 S14
M22 T25
Bomb-9/11; A-11/11; I move out 11/11

It's easy to find our bottom, it is our top that requires cultivation.

Every rough spot adds to our emotional constitution. -Barney Fife
R
rickb89 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: BklynMom
It is so much easier when it is just about "me". Why do I have to take my kids into account?? If it was just me I could cut all ties and move to Thailand for a while and lay low. Why do I have care even a little for the WAS? Cant this all just be about me?? Can I try to act 21 again??

Brklyn - I know you're in a shitload of pain. There's truly no hiding from it as I am discovering just like you are.

And I know how you feel about going back to a previous life. I have often thought about going back to the Far East and beginning anew.

We both have our kids and what I meant was that we owe it to our kids to try and mend the M. Our spouses do too, and they can't do that right now, so it was up to us alone, however we also owe it to ourselves and our kids to save our souls.

People keep telling me that I can't know what's around the corner. There's a lot of things people tell us that we know to be true but can't feel right now because of pain and fear. I don't know....I'm like you I don't want to join the D club. I feel sick at the thought....so horribly sick I want to tear mountains down with my hands.

If there's anything you need, no matter what and when I'll help you out okay? I really, really understand how low you feel.

What if someone told you that you would be a single woman and then you were given these two beautiful little girls? And it was your job to raise them and to show them how to navigate emotionally and practically in the world? I'm sure you would have chose them. What if you had each day in front of you with them...to get better and better for you and them? I know...you may not want this type of cheerleading right now.

Let the rage and despair play through though. I'm told it passes.

Brklyn...I'm truly bummed out you feel so bad.

R
rickb89 Offline OP
OP Offline
R

you have value. this...

That's our rickb89!"

Barely....just wanted to tell you that I truly respect how strong you are and what a great Mom and woman. I thought about how you had the strength to handle VD so well for you and the kids. That motivated me to move forward myself so thank you for that. You're the best!

R
rickb89 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: 2thepoint

you have value. this...

That's our rickb89!"

At the time I read this I think it was valentines day or the day after and I had visions of Rick as cupid slinging his love arrows all over the place. Come to think of it doesn't cupid wear red speedos? laugh Does that work for you BF?

2 Man...enough with the red speedo comments! Gross! In my yoga class the teachers keep trying to get the guys to switch from b-ball shorts to speedos...supposed to improve efficiency. No way! Ewe.

C
C
2 Man...enough with the red speedo comments! Gross! In my yoga class the teachers keep trying to get the guys to switch from b-ball shorts to speedos...supposed to improve efficiency. No way! Ewe.

Mental note: Do NOT sign up for co-ed yoga classes....

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
R
rickb89 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: ces67

Mental note: Do NOT sign up for co-ed yoga classes....

I wouldn't go that far, just say "no to speedos"!

M
M
I can envision some "man cards" getting pulled, if this continues....

: )

G
G
^^^awww

Me: 44
Bomb: 11/27/11
Divorced:6/12
Life goes on: 6/13

Dogs still like bacon...a lot.
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard