Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16
W
OP Offline
W
I've been hit with round 2 of this stupid cold. People who've had it say it comes back about two weeks later, it's right on schedule. SDA Lady just called me. Apparently she had texted me twice this morning to see how I was but for some reason I didn't see the texts. We talked about how I was feeling, I'm off work today, and she suggested I take tomorrow off and get well for Monday. She also suggested that since we had no firm plans for Sunday I should stay home and rest and spend the evening with my girls rather than with her. She said she would go to her doctor on Sunday morning for her test results and talk to her sister in Alaska in the afternoon. I said I would miss her, she said "you need your rest and we'll talk on the phone, OK?" Still a sweetheart! I'm so damn tired.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
W
OP Offline
W
Just returned from the doctor and everything is fine. He says it's a virus...which I knew already anyway. Dr. says the winter has been so mild that it takes longer to get rid of a virus and then your immune system is low and you get hit with another one. SDA Lady had suggested I go to the doctor cuz and get checked cuz I was sick a few weeks ago too, so about 1:30pm I thought she might have a point and went to a clinic, my doctor has no appointments today. Hey, I love the forms they get you to fill out at the walk in clinic "why are you here?" I wrote "poker tournament". What a stupid question...I'm sick, why else?! While waiting for my cough medicine prescription I texted SDA Lady, as she'd asked me to let her know how it went at the doctors. She said "don't forget your other prescription, ginger and honey lol" and I said "I'm at Walmart so I actually can get that from the grocery section" so I hunted it down and also found some grape fruits the size of bowling balls. SDA Lady loves Grape Fruit so I texted her "I've found the largest grapefruits I've ever seen, they must grow them with steroids!" she replied "buy one, it might be sweet" and I wrote "they are called Honey Pomelo...but they're from China that should probably scare the heck out of me!" I then saw Pringles on sale, so I wrote "...and Pringles are on sale for $1 but I will absolutely not buy any of that poison...no matter how loudly they call out my name!" she wrote "good thinking, fight back lol" So, anyway I'm now at home with my communion cup size bottle of codeine cough medicine. Personally, I prefer the family size but he's the doctor, stingy as he seems to be lol!

M
M
I LOVE HONEY PUMELO!!! They are so darned good!

Enjoy every last delicious morsel!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
OP Offline
W
I bought one for $2.49...and a bowling bag to carry it in lol.

W
OP Offline
W
I hate sitting at home when I'm sick. Have you ever noticed that it's when you're sick that you start analyzing your life...and it always seems to s@ck really badly for some reason! It's the strangest thing. Btw, I bought a book at Walmart called "The Secrets of People Who never Get Sick". wow, there's a whole chapter titled "Eating Dirt" and a very informative article on nose picking (surveys indicate that between 75 and 90 percent of Americans do it in private. Boy, am I ever glad to be a Canadian!)...there is controversy as to whether it is a good thing or not, so just keep on doing whatever you're doing until the findings are more solid, right now they are a bit runny. What I've noticed personally is that dead people never seem to get sick...just an observation but it apparently didn't make the book. OK, gotta go now and get back to analyzing my life... I'm up to potty training now...and it was pretty poor, let me tell you!

S
S
Wii: I read this out loud to my daughter (we just arrived at the new condo). And we both spit out red wine!!! LOL! But geez - now I have to clean the carpet!

OK - I just got a funny forward written by kids about "who you should marry" and it says = "someone who serves you lots of chips and dip" hmmm... so keep that in mind. Forgot to tell you that when Josh and I play Scrabble - it's Chips n Dip all the way!

Anyway - that's it. you are FUNNY! And also RUNNY!

Barb

Oh - PS - Ashley was posting her photos on FB and tagging. And FB actually found a FACE in my granite countertop and wants her to TAG IT!! IT is absolutely hilarious.

Ok - we're a bit slap happy tonight. Get well soon, Wii!

W
OP Offline
W
Hm, a lot of spitting things out going on today! SDA Lady said tonight she almost spit her soup out at lunch when I texted her what I wrote on the walk in clinic form. The question was "why are you here today" and I wrote "Poker Tournament"...dumb question!

W
OP Offline
W
Well, I'm starting to feel better this afternoon. I installed a new printer, Blueray player and made a sweet potato lasagna. I hope this uptrend continues and I can go to my D14's gymnastics meet tomorrow, which is a 1.25 hour or longer drive depending on the snow. I think I'll skip my book group tonight, no sense pushing the envelope too far. SDA Lady thinks she's sick now too...unfortunately, whether feeling well or not she has a 13 hour day ahead of her. That s@cks so bad!

M
M
sweet potato lasagne??? Do share the recipe!

Glad you're feeling better and be careful driving tomorrow.

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

W
OP Offline
W
OK, sweet potato lasagna...guys recipe, with exact measurements...NOT!
bottom layer:lasagna noodles, 1 tub of cottage cheese mixed with 2 tbls. or so of pesto and chopped walnuts and a layer of sliced Zucchini, cover with cheese, I used Provolone. Next layer: lasagna noodles, layered with sliced sweet potato (I buy frozen roasted but no need) and onions, layered with cheese, I used Havarti for this layer. Lasagna noodles then covered with tomato sauce and sprinkled with Parmesan cheese. I got the recipe off the internet ages ago and lost it, so this is my memory at work. My 14 yr old had a piece in the car on the way to gymnastics and loved it.

Page 11 of 16 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 15 16

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard