Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
B
B
i'm dying now. truffle duffle and the bratwurst bath cap are my favourite i think. i almost want to look up the censored ones.. ALMOST! smile too funny

Me:38.. H:33.
Two beautiful kids S:6 D:3
M:8.. together for 11.
Bomb dropped:10/17/11
Separated:11/07/11
L
L
Scrote Tote, I will never look. laugh

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
rickb89 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: 2thepoint
OK folks, I have the all-inclusive list of creative names for the most abused bathing suit, (I've self censored some that were a little over the top for this forum):

Marble Sack
Banana Hammock
Grape Smuggler
{self censored}
Nut Hut
[self censored}
Scrote Tote
Nantucket Nad Bucket
Sausage Sling
Portuguese Pud Purse
Ouch Pouch
[self censored}
Peach Pit Papoose
Ballbushka
Lolly Catcher
[self censored}
[self censored}
Nugget-Hug-It
[self censored}
[self censored}
[self censored}
Saint-Tropez Truffle Duffle
Bratwurst Bath Cap
Pickle Pincher

Jesus 2TP...with all this energy available for research...why don't you solve the global economic crisis or something?

R
rickb89 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted By: barely floating
i googled it too. i had an idea.. but had to make sure. i don't think i'll eat grapes for a while. lol!

rick - i have spent the majority of my life in vancouver! a west coast girl for sure. born in asia but we moved here when i was 18 months old. i'm a total banana.

Where were you born? Were we neighbors?

Vancouver huh? Go Bruins!

Seriously - always wanted to see Vancouver. Looks so good.

C
C
Wow....just....wow. This is far more slang for a sling than I ever needed to know (still funny though)

Me:45, W:45
S:16 D:13
M:22, T:25
Bomb: July 2010
Putting finances in order for "D"
Continue to live in same home-separate rooms
S
S
Originally Posted By: 2thepoint
OK folks, I have the all-inclusive list of creative names for the most abused bathing suit, (I've self censored some that were a little over the top for this forum):

Marble Sack
Banana Hammock
Grape Smuggler
{self censored}
Nut Hut
[self censored}
Scrote Tote
Nantucket Nad Bucket
Sausage Sling
Portuguese Pud Purse
Ouch Pouch
[self censored}
Peach Pit Papoose
Ballbushka
Lolly Catcher
[self censored}
[self censored}
Nugget-Hug-It
[self censored}
[self censored}
[self censored}
Saint-Tropez Truffle Duffle
Bratwurst Bath Cap
Pickle Pincher

LMFAO 2, hysterical!!

Me- 34 W-33
S15 S10 S6
Married- 11 Together- 18
Bomb- 6-2011
WAW moves out- 8-2011

"Nothing in the Universe can stop you from letting go and starting over at anytime"- Guy Finley
R
rickb89 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
It seems like everyone on this board has had quite an intense week.

Most of you know I have recently made a conscious decision to take back my life, and move forward accepting the reality of my sitch. I am taking steps towards what I feel is the right thing to do no matter how frightening or gut wrenching it is. I recognize that my big life lesson in this has to been to recognize my own worth and that I am deserving of mature love as well. I also recognize that when I have gone off course it has typically been when I have lost faith due to fear. I am willing to walk this walk no matter how terrifying and no matter that I can't see in any way what the outcome will be.

I realize that I cannot see beyond the curvature of the earth, but if I keep walking towards it step by step I'll reach it anyway.

Interestingly, I am starting to feel better, a sense of well being. Its like there was a shutoff valve that was shut off and has been opened and I feel life flowing back in. I am starting to feel connected again to the other things in my life and a sense of purpose is flowing back in.

Also, with just a week on this mindset I am seeing how much outrageous BS I put up with. Some people are starting to feel comfortable enough with me again to say that they were praying I see that I should not throw myself on the sword for her, and that even though she is obviously in a major life altering crisis, they can't see her ever getting through this if I allow myself to be a victim to her demons and bad behavior.

I'm seeing that she is not being honest with me because despite her gains and self analysis she doesn't have it in her "now" to not be controlled by her demons. And I'm enabling it and doing everyone harm by doing that.

I'm seeing clearly the affects this is having on my sons too. They literally don't know what to do for her. They continue to reach out and get lied to and know about the OM which they can't overlook or pretend it doesn't kill them. In her state she may think she is doing some great job of hiding but she makes the mistake of not hiding it well. I know this is brutal on her too because she loves her sons. She is so messed up and can't seem to find a way to stop steeping on her own toes.

For example, last night I get home and see my S13. He asks if I know where she is and I say she told me she'd be here. Maybe she's at a store or work late. I call...no answer. The poor kid just looks at me and says Mom's never home anymore. He sounded so dejected. And then he had this big school project and him and I went to school to see all the projects. She had completely overlooked it, didn't acknowledge it to him, and had to ask me what it was. This was something sitting on our dining room table for three weeks and a bunch of kids have been working on it. She chose to hit the club scene with her coworkers.

I've changed how I am handling my interactions with her. I've backed out of this. I'm not killing myself to create this super supportive world of family events and "dates". If I didnt do this not one thing would happen on her initiative. Maybe she will in her own time if that is going to be, and if we are still a family by then. It's all been me. And I don't respect how's she handled the OM sitch. She may say there's been no affair but I don't measure what I've seen by the same standards. In fact I've caught too many lies to feel comfortable. So, when I'm working my a$$ off to keep this road open, be the cheerleader, the Mr everything, I feel this sick feeling in my stomach that I'm selling myself out.

That's it then. I'm on a mission to rebuild me (like Steve Austin in the old Six Million Dollar Man series)...I have the technology. These next few months ought to be interesting.

Someone recently posted here how the WAS turns everything into a reason to blame the LBS. I can already see that. She's looking at me funny because I'm not fawning over her. I know that will lead to the "you obviously don't care and are happy with this accusation". She's still finding anything she can to blame me for her sitch. She told me recently she dd not want to end this because she is afraid of making a mistake, and that she is open to seeing what we can be in our M. Those are great words but I can't see it happening if I enable her not to face this all the way, if I allow bad behavior and make excuses for it, if I allow a life with her which includes OM, and if I let myself be a guy who doesn't value himself enough or have the guts to change this up.

L
L
Have you read Accuray's thread over on the SSM (sex-starved marriage) board?

Me 57/H 58
M36 S 2.5yrs R 12/13

Let me give up the need to know why things happen as they do.
I will never know and constant wondering is constant suffering.
Caroline Myss
R
rickb89 Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Ummmm....why are you suggesting going to the sex starved marriage board?

B
B
Originally Posted By: rickb89
Most of you know I have recently made a conscious decision to take back my life, and move forward accepting the reality of my sitch. I am taking steps towards what I feel is the right thing to do no matter how frightening or gut wrenching it is.

It's the right thing to do.

Also, with just a week on this mindset I am seeing how much outrageous BS I put up with.

Yup, it's crazy what the LBS put up with/justify while we are in our own "fog" of desperation.

I'm seeing that she is not being honest with me because despite her gains and self analysis she doesn't have it in her "now" to not be controlled by her demons. And I'm enabling it and doing everyone harm by doing that.

She actually DOES have it in her. This is where many LBS make the mistake of not respecting their WAS and saying she can't act differently because she is in a fog, because she isn't properly medicated, because she is so depressed, because life is too overwhelming for her. While these are all pressures on the WAS, the WAS CAN make different choices. They are not infantile children or demented elderly people that are helpless and have lost their reasoning abilities. Sometimes it seems like that because of the choices and rationalizations that they make. But, they are adults capable of acting differently, and they are more likely to do so if they experience the natural consequences of their choices.

]I'm not killing myself to create this super supportive world of family events and "dates". If I didnt do this not one thing would happen on her initiative. Maybe she will in her own time if that is going to be, and if we are still a family by then. It's all been me. And I don't respect how's she handled the OM sitch. She may say there's been no affair but I don't measure what I've seen by the same standards. In fact I've caught too many lies to feel comfortable. So, when I'm working my a$$ off to keep this road open, be the cheerleader, the Mr everything, I feel this sick feeling in my stomach that I'm selling myself out.

That's you crossing your own boundaries of how you want to be treated in a relationship. Don't cross your own boundaries. If you don't respect yourself, how do you expect your WAS or any other women to respect or value you? I did the same early in my sitch, and it led to the standing joke with my DB peers at the time of me getting mariachis to serenade my W and giving her footrubs, etc.

That's it then. I'm on a mission to rebuild me (like Steve Austin in the old Six Million Dollar Man series)...I have the technology.

Welcome to DB, Six Million Dollar Rick!

Me-53
W-49
D22,D18,D15
T-Since-12/2001
Married-9/2004
She Moved Out-5/28/2010
Piecing start-04/2011
Now-together
Thread
http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2079304
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15