We were going to therapy off and on and it was the first time that H seemed to respect the therapist. She really wouldn't let him weedle out of his responsibility, try as he might. He even did a couple of the minor things she suggested, though refused outright to go to a therapist about his self-admitted emotional problems. Finally, he agreed to give in on a major issue between the two of us. He did half of it... the part I could have done myself... but when it came to step two, which to me at the heart of the issue he punted. When seven months and no action later, I finally got mad enough that I'd had it... he said he wanted to go back to counseling. Erm... what's the point in going to counseling if he's just going to lie? This one isn't the counselor's fault. The only reason I can think to go back is just to rub it in his face that I finally have a witness to how he lies to me and himself all of the time. Except of course, I'm still not off the hook for letting him do this for this long. Could even the best therapist get him to face up to the injury he's piled upon injury. I don't even want an apology. I want him to stop.

"A man's character is his fate." -- Heraclitus