Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22
R
OP Offline
R
So, who heard about the snow storm in MO? My W called and asked me to spend the night at our home with our children. She had an overnight temp job out of town. I agreed and went over to hang out with my kids for the evening. Her work got canceled (due to storm) and she wanted me to stay with the kids because she had already told them I'd be there. Then, it snowed 12 inches and generated snow drifts of 3-4 ft. We were stuck together for 6 days. The Lord works in mysterious ways.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
G
G
Did that give you a chance to talk or enjoy each other's company, or were you just letting her see what a great father you are to her children? Either way, you're right, the Lord does move in mysterious ways. Take care.

M: 43 H: 44 M: 12.5 if the 5.5 year separation counts
Bomb (I dropped it): Dec '07
H said finit: Jun '10
I moved on: May '13
R
OP Offline
R
:-D All the above. We were stuck in a house for 6 days and couldn't leave for anything. The 2 largest drifts were in front of the attached garage and the end of the driveway. We didn't argue or talk about our relationship. Just hung out and played with the kiddos.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
How are you doing Roy

BITS

R
OP Offline
R
Arm is all healed up. MO just got 3 inches of snow on top of the 12 we received last week. Work is non-existent. The wife and I are still just friends. And I'm still thankful for what the Lord has done for me. And will do for me. I'll get there.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
R
OP Offline
R
So it's 12:30 AM and My wife is texting me, wondering i I'm still up (I am). All I want to tell her is I love her and I miss her and please stop this. But it won't help. So I bite my tongue and try to figure out what to do. I hate this. All I want to do is be at home with my wife and children. I miss their smiles, laughter, hugs, kisses, support and a million other little things. But, it won't fix it. I'm a big believer in fixing things. I worked on cars for all my professional life. Fixing things is what I do. But, me fixing it, won't fix it. WE have to fix it. And to do that she has to want to. So, here I sit. Praying. Hoping. Believing.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
R
OP Offline
R
Spent last night with my family. Wife had to go out of town for the evening and asked me to watch the kids. I know, I'm treated like an on call babysitter, but what else to do. This gives me time with my kids and an excuse to see her for a couple of hours. When this happens I usually stay the night and me and her talk for a while.....That's all I've got for now smile

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
R
OP Offline
R
It never fails, I come over for the evening and somehow it works out to me staying a couple of days. She says she loves to see me with the kids and enjoys my company. Last night, we had a relationship conversation. It wasn't brought on by me. She likes her alone time at the end of the night. Just her at the computer desk. So, I try to do other things and give her space. She asked to come look at some car ads with her. And we had good conversation and it led to relationship talk. I learned some things and I told her some things. Too soon to say if it did any good, but I like to think any talk of our marriage troubles is helpful. At least it's better than divorce talk.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
B
B
hey Roy..
I really admire your courage and faith to give her the space and yet trusting that God will do His work in both of your lives.

I'm just wondering how do you show love and affection and yet not seem like you're pursuing? That is a challenge for me as my wife has said that all I want fr her is SI.

thanks for taking the time to share, I pray that you'll continue to have courage to stand for the things that God has put in your heart. take care.

R
OP Offline
R
Easy, the little things. Whatever that may be in your case. I'll grab her coffee. Listen to her problems like she is the only person in the world. Just like I did before she was mine. I DON'T tell her I love her. She knows that. Occasionally she fishes to see if I do. But I don't say it. Just show it. Try to be an outstanding parent. And a good friend. I recall a line from one of my favorite books; "You don't have to like it. You just have to do it." But I like to show it. I used to be good at it. I find when I try, I still am. The important thing to remember is this: She's not going to try. She's already given up. I have to do this. It doesn't matter what she does or says. All I can change is me. And no matter what I have to be happy and satisfied with me.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
Page 10 of 22 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard