Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22
R
OP Offline
R
Mark 10:2-9
Don't allow your hearts to become hard. Soft hearts get hurt, but they recover. Hard hearts are brittle and shatter and the little pieces will be very difficult to find.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
J
J
Have Faith that God's plan for you will bring you peace. It may be His plan that you will return to each other someday, but you may need to go through some changes (as must your spouse) before that can happen, and those changes may need to happen apart from each other.

I am having the same doubts and fears as you are, so I am praying constantly. I pray for reconciliation, I pray for protection for my children, I pray for peace for my H, I pray for growth for me. It helps. Accept your suffering as Jesus accepted his suffering, and offer it up to God. Pray for strength and God will provide it. He has a plan for all of us, we just have to let go and allow it to work.

I am praying for you.

Without change, there would be no butterflies.
K
K
Roy,

My story is under My heart is breaking, in case you want to read it. (I don't know how to add the link) But I have read your thread and I, also, admire you greatly. I have relied heavily on my faith, and my Christian friends, and don't know how I could survive this without God.

A few posts back, God's plan was discussed. I asked our biblical MC the question of "What if it is God's plan for us to divorce?" and he said it is NEVER in God's plan for us to divorce. He will use people, obstacles, events, etc to lean heavily on your spouse. But ultimately, your spouse has to make the choice. And IF he/she chooses D, God will then take that pain and use it for good. Pain is never wasted. But God's will is for the marriage to stay intact.

Also, I have been told many times that it's never over till God says it's over. Even after filing, even after divorce, many couples are reunited.

Just wanted to add those things that I find helpful.

God bless you
Kermit (by the way, I also live in MO)

M50 H49
M 27 years
D24, S21
Bomb 7/10
SEP 12/10
H files 5/11

Praying Hard for restoration!
With God all things are possible!
N
ncl Offline
N
Just checking in....how are things going? Praying for you daily.

aka lc4 : )
J
J
Thank you Kermit, that actually gives me hope as well.

Without change, there would be no butterflies.
R
OP Offline
R
Well, we had a major argument Fri. night because I wouldn't pick up the kids when she wanted and the way she wanted. I wasn't making a power play, just thought my plan was better. I tried to stay logical and understanding, then she flew off the handle at me. But it taught me something. I have been giving in WAAYY too easily to doing all this her way. And that stops now. Still want my marriage more than ever, just keep realizing things I'm doing that aren't helpful. More prayer!

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
N
ncl Offline
N
I'm sorry about your argument. That totally stinks. : ( It's not about a power play; it's about establishing boundaries. No one deserves to be run over. Prayers for you continue. Hang in there. I hope you and your family had a blessed 4th!

R
OP Offline
R
Don't be sorry. As you said, it's about boundaries. And therefore inevitable. After rolling over for so long, whenever I stood my ground, I knew it would cause a problem. All things are to His glory.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
N
ncl Offline
N
Thank you for your prayers on my threat, Roy. Best wishes to you and yours.

G
G
Originally Posted By: Royloveshiswife
in the quiet moments alone, I sometimes cry my eyes out. Afterward, I'm still in the same situation. But I feel a lot better.

Roy, your posts are a continuing blessing to me. I am sorry you are here, but I am grateful I am not here alone.
-Rebecca

M: 43 H: 44 M: 12.5 if the 5.5 year separation counts
Bomb (I dropped it): Dec '07
H said finit: Jun '10
I moved on: May '13
Page 16 of 22 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard