Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
R
OP Offline
R
This weekend has been rather difficult for me...It's opening weekend of deer-hunting season and it's always kind of been a family event.And my family isn't here. Can't even bring myself to go out hunting. Just kinda stuck in limbo-land. Wish I could be more positive and upbeat but I'm just kinda blah....

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
B
B
You know, I did the same thing. After we got married, I stopped writing her poems. I just did not feel "inspired" anymore. She even used to remind me that I had stopped and the more she asked, the harder it became for me to do it. I would occasionally do it on birthday and anniversary cards but not spontaneously.
Now that she is emotionally detached from me, I feel like writing her poems everyday.

Me 39
W 37
S 5 D 2.75
Married 12 years
Together 14 years
Bomb Dropped 08/16/10
R
OP Offline
R
Last night my faith was shaken.Then this happened. I got in the truck to head home from work and I had to stop for gas (I usually fill up before work). Then i visited with a friend of mine that works there. When I got back in my truck there was a man on the radio speaking about letting God do His work. He doesn't need or sometimes even want your help. The man actually spoke of straightening out a shattered marriage. I have often thought in my head but rarely said or typed a statement for when my marriage is fixed: Marriage, shattered and scattered by man, put together and made new by Gods hands. As if that wasn't enough, it then played my anthem for my marriage, That's What Faith Can Do by Kutless. And all this happened at a time wen I would have been at the house already. Except I was late leaving for work, because I was spending time with my family at my wife's invitation. My faith is renewed. For fear that if I don't admit to feeling it, the Lord may stamp it on a sledgehammer and whack me with it!

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
R
OP Offline
R
BTW: that song came out about a week after my wife had "the D talk" with me. Who knows, without it I might have given up then. Definitely would have by now. I think, anyway. I'm actually pretty stubborn about important things.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
R
OP Offline
R
So, I haven't been on here for a while. I've been getting in some OT at work. I got to stay at my home with the family this week, for about 3 days. She called and and asked for my help. I was in a position to help. So I did. It was really nice. We didn't argue, we didn't talk about us. We were just us. It just reinforced for me how important my marriage is. Just wish she still felt that way.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
L
L
Roy,

I have read this entire thread and you have echo so many of my feelings about God and faith and never giving up. I love that song by Kutless, it made me cry. I hope you had some wonderful holidays.

Lorie
W47 H48 D16
M20
H gone 11/9/10 lives w/OW

When you forgive,you heal. When you let go,you grow. When you cry to God, you surrender. When you love unconditionally, you show others Christ's love.
R
OP Offline
R
The holidays were pretty good. I haven't given up. And I won't. It's the most important thing ever. Wish I had known that years ago.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
I love it too--and I'm glad you're not giving up. Praying for you.

sg
Love is PATIENT, love is KIND, LOVE never fails / DB since 2001
I gotta say man your thread makes me smile cause I feel like a truck full of crap has driven over my guts. Three months this month we have been seperated and instead of feeling better I actually feel worse. Papers were filed last week and I received them today. Watta waste! I have faith always have but you know what I also have reality.

BITS

R
OP Offline
R
As I've said, I chose this path. I wouldn't hold it against anybody who doesn't want to go this way. But, as far as reality goes, the Lord can turn reality into a pretzel. ALL things are for His glory. He is the painter. We're too close to see the masterpiece. All we can see are smears of paint or even just an ugly knot of pain. But, if we could step back, we could behold His wonders. We can't though, that's why it's called Faith. If we could see it, that would be knowledge. The Lord confounds the understanding of man.
Whatever you do, I believe in you. You wouldn't be here if you didn't believe your reality can be changed. If you want to go thru this, we're here for you. If you want to move on, I don't blame you. I've received those papers. At work. With all my co-workers wondering "Why do the police want to see Roy." But it gets easier. Either way, it gets easier. But you will have to decide. God bless you.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard