Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
F
OP Offline
F
Time moves on. Kids are getting big. S11 is an amazing pitcher. I am getting him lessons with an MLB pitcher(retired). D8 is extremely bright and has been put in an extra class for 'enhancement'.

Still haven't met anyone interesting.

X's anger is virtually gone. She calls with issues vs. texting/email. She is still with the same OM and I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they get married some day. Best of all, XW's sister came to S11's baseball game the other. She burst into tears and hugged me. She said, "some of us can see a lot better than give credit for." Hey, what can you say. The divorce is done and moving into the past.

Hope all of you are well. FIB

Me 55; XW 47; 2 kids (S13, D11)
Bomb 05/19/06 Original thread http://tinyurl.com/yg2ou2t
Last anniversary 04/25/10, Divorced 5/12/10
M
M
All sounds good FIB!

T19 M15 S19 XH47 M43
bomb12/4/07
PA5/07
S12/26/07
D final 11/17/08
Back together with no defined R 05/2010
confused....to say the least!!!

K
K
Glad to hear that things are going well. smile

kat

Me-53(and learning!)
S24, S21, D18, D17
Just keep swimming, Just keep swimming. Dory
K
kml Offline
K
Hi FIB

Nice validation from SIL. smile

So tell us - what new fun adventure are you working on for YOU? Have you taken up a new hobby or planned a new adventure lately? If not, now is the time.

T
T
Hi FIB,

I have followed your sitch since the very beginning over on the MLC Board. I haven't posted much over the years, but have gotten a lot of strength from your posts, and good advice from your friends here.

I finally accept the end of my 21 year relationship. I never would have pictured myself on the dating scene at 50, but just knowing there are honorable men like you out there gives a girl hope.

Even though you haven't found the right girl yet, you're trying. Can you PLEASE give some advice & encouragement on how you went about putting yourself back out there.

F
OP Offline
F
Well...hi, to, well, anyone still out there. Not sure why I decided to come back here and post again. When all is looking really good, I guess, just a bit stagnated.

My son is doing really well. He has adjusted well to divorce. We have a great relationship. I have kept him in pitching lessons and, well, he just looks like a professional pitcher now.

My daughter will be 9 in May. She still has moments when she doesn't want to leave me on that most dreadful day of the week: Sunday night when I take them home. Even last week she cried "why does there have to be a divorce...I don't want to leave you....I wish mommy and you didn't divorce." (sigh). We do projects together, collect gemstones, plant unusual plants and do tropical fish. Love her. She's my gem.

Sorry TiredHeart..if you are still following. I haven't gotten back into the game. I tried some online dating and then sorta gave up. I think I'm in a rut. I want more time with my kids more than more time with a woman right now. Although, I get my hankerings.

Divorce-wise, I guess it's as good as it's going to get. XW still with her man and looks very happy with him. I get more time with my kids than written into the stip, thanks to him indirectly I guess. 99% of her insanity and anger is gone. She can attempt to have a conversation with me, when, inside, I still just want to get off the phone. Not angry or hurting, just sort of disgusted. We communicate more and more by phone, heavily by text and there is less and less of keeping things to oneself re: kids and activities. We inform each other more. For one thing, the kids are too smart now and would detect anything and the last thing I want to do is go backward, so, all is always positive.

Workwise, great stuff. I am steadily paying off the debt amassed by the divorce. My new job is putting money away for me and the IRA that was decimated by atty's fee's and retainers may be replaced to pre-divorce status soon. Still, I have a long way to go tho'.

I've adjusted to apartment life. In fact, can't lie. The mortgage was a gorilla on my back during this whole thing, yet, I DO miss having my house and, sure, I do miss the marriage set up. As for XW, I don't miss her nor do I think of her during the day. My angst is mostly the loss of time with my kids. I still find the end of week long holidays, or, my weekend with them, extremely emotional. As I drive off without them, it is not hard to get choked up.

I miss them, still. I've adapted, but, will never adjust to not being with my kids every morning and at bedtimes.

So, in summary, things ARE better. My divorce WAS necessary. My marriage was NOT save-able and I am 100% convinced of that. But, as time goes by, I can more clearly see where I chose wrongly. The mistake was made in the beginning. HOWEVER, I can also see how the institution of marriage has changed greatly. Just as shows like Gilligan's Island, Bewitched and The Munsters are long gone....how cartoons like Bugs Bunny have morph'd into The Family Guy...so, has marriage changed in our society.

I think the marriage that we all fantasy about here, exists only for the very few. Whereas plastic surgery and one's mammogram report were privy to only the immediate family, we now can hear ALL on the grocery line via the customer in front of us' Bluetooth. Sadly, marriage is an expendable commodity now. But..OTOH...with clarity, WHY...should someone stay with someone who makes them sad, miserable, unhappy, or, whatever phrase you choose to use.

I still support the attempt to save a marriage, but, the most DIFFICULT thing to learn, HERE...is...to know when it's over, cut your losses..and move on. Best to all. FIB

F
OP Offline
F
To kml. I'm overdue. I've gone back to one of my neglected hobbies: my FW aquarium. Most of my time is invested in my kids. I am getting back to working out and I coach.

Certainly, I could use more stuff. Working on that. Hugs. FIB

L
L
FIB - your posts are thought provoking - I like reading them.

The next woman in your life is lucky.

I will be checking back on you.

Luv

M44 H41
M20 T23
3 older teens
Bomb Nov 09 "i'm not happy"
EA Nov 09 w/coworker
Another PA in Mar 10
I Filed Apr 10
D final Dec 10
A
A
I remember reading you posts starting a few years ago when I first found this site. Sorry for your bad experiences. You sound like you're in a good place right now, under the circumstances. I can relate to a lot of what you say. I hope you'll pop back in more often. Hope you continue to do well on your journey.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." - William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830's.
D
D
Strength and honor, FIB.

Everybody hurts. It's part of life. Don't miss the good stuff.
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard