Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22
R
OP Offline
R
You can't make her change her mind, she has to want to do that. you don't want to make her anyway. You want her to want to. Keep worrying about you and your children. I had to make that decision. Also, I would try to stop worrying about what she is doing. I know that's hard, but you'll drive yourself crazy doing that. I had to decide I would love her unconditionally and forever. That vow takes a new meaning when your spouse says they don't love you and want to go out with their friends without you. Tough. You want to make it, you have a new job. Loving from a distance. It's hard, trust me it is. But, if faith can move mountains (and I know it can), I believe it can soften my wifes heart. I know thats harder, but God knows the key to her heart better than I ever could. And I have faith that he wants us to stay together. "Proverbs 5-18,19 May your fountain be blessed, and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth. A loving doe, a graceful deer— may her breasts satisfy you always, may you ever be captivated by her love."

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
L
L
Hope you are right Roy, I really do.

M-38
W-37
T-16,M-11 (Oct 30,1999)
S-5
S-2
Wife left 7/4/2010

"When life hands you a lemon, say, 'Oh yeah, I like lemons! What else ya got?"
— Henry Rollins
R
OP Offline
R
Hope and Faith are strongly related. Hope is wanting something to turn out a certain way. Faith is knowing that God will turn it out for you. That doesn't mean you don't do anything, it means you should pray without ceasing, fully believing God will bring you what you need. You also have to do some work. Right now that work is to work on you. Find joy wherever you can (within reason of course). And when the miracle does happen, don't say "Look what I did." Say "Look what the Lord has done for me!" and tell everyone! Remember, when we give up on our dreams.....they're gone. But not until then!

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
We are too close. All we see are smears of paint. The Lord sees the masterpiece He is painting.
R
OP Offline
R
So...tonight, my wife confided in me she is in love with someone else. That's a rough blow. But, I'm stuck in friend mode and have to be as supporting and understanding as I can be. This just got a lot harder. But, I'm in for the long haul. Not giving up, just more than a little wounded. I've made alot of mistakes with our marriage. I learn of more each time we talk. Still praying. Still have hope. I told her the truth: I want her to be happy. More than anything I want that. So, yes, I'll sacrifice my own happiness for hers. She did that with me for far to long for me not to return the favor. I love more than life itself. And I dearly love life. God has given me too many blessings to give up the faith. When the impossible is what you want, God is the only one who can deliver.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
R
OP Offline
R
This Gives me hope thru the pain:
The Tearing of the Flesh

It was all very beautiful the day we were Wed
We stood before God and our vows had been said
For richer or poorer, for better or worse
Til death do us part, what a beautiful verse
-We meant what we vowed and started our life
The way God intended, as husband and wife
We felt very blessed with the life that we had
The trials and triumphs, both happy and sad
-And as the years passed, what we both didn’t know
Is love can’t be felt if you don’t let it show
You settle for comfort instead of life’s joy
Then in roars the lion to steal, kill and destroy
-You’re not sure what happened, you try at all cost
To win back their heart, but your loved one is lost
Their soul has been stolen, one flesh torn apart
You cry out to God for their soul and your heart
-Then God whispers softly, “My child, come here
Put on your full Armor, for battle is near
Pray and have faith that the devil’s been beat
Go wait in the light, lay your pain at My feet
-This battle is mine, your prayers have been heard
My victory is certain, you know by My Word
So walk by your faith, and not by your sight
My Word is my promise, all wrongs will be right
-It may take some time, our ways aren’t the same
Keep love in your eyes and try not to blame
Satan will shoot you with fiery darts
To try to confuse you and harden your hearts
-Don’t let him fool you with lies and deceit
Keep your eyes fixed on Me and don’t think of defeat
For I AM the Lord, there’s none stronger than Me
And I will build hedges you can’t even see
-So fear not my child and take up your Sword
And walk right with Me, your Savior and Lord
Their hearts’ like a river that turns in My Hand
Just wait for My Promise while taking your stand
-Remember Beloved and rest while you sleep
Your tears in a bottle forever I’ll keep
I AM the Restorer, I’ve spoken, it’s done
The Flesh torn apart will again become One”
Micki Lowery
12/27/07

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
R
OP Offline
R
I'm truly thankful for what my wife has done with our marriage. I never knew how much it meant to me. It's everything. And our old marriage, I don't want it back. I want a new marriage with the woman I pledged my life to and didn't do as I promised. She, of course, still says there is no hope. The difference is, I don't bring up our marriage now, she does.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
R
OP Offline
R
Just spent the evening at home with the family. After the kids went to bed, the wife and I stayed up for a couple of hours visiting. I love her so much. But don't get your hopes too high, she has said she wants to stay friends since this all started. I'm good with that for now, that's how we started out.

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
F
F
Thank you for the inspiring poem. The Lord does heal. I've waited and prayed and worked for 4.5 long years and miraculously my marriage is being restored.
When a spouse strays and falls in love with someone else statistically it lasts on average 6 months and then fades. For my spouse it lasted 3 months. Keep the faith.

R
OP Offline
R
That's awesome news! Can't wait till I can say that! Hope it doesn't take 4.5 years, but if it does, I'll make it! Because it's worth it!

M-34
W-31
2 S,11&11
1 D, 6
T 13 YEARS
M 12 YEARS
ILYBINILWY OCT. 2009
L
L
hang tough Roy, I will keep you (and everyone else here in my prayers)

M-38
W-37
T-16,M-11 (Oct 30,1999)
S-5
S-2
Wife left 7/4/2010

"When life hands you a lemon, say, 'Oh yeah, I like lemons! What else ya got?"
— Henry Rollins
Page 3 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard