bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
G
G
hm,
Originally Posted By: hoosiermama
just came across a really promising job opening and...I have connections there, someone who knows the trauma surgeon and his nurse.
Well, this certainly sounds good.
Hey, you are the best person for this position. You know that. They don't know it yet, but if you get to talk to them, they will!
I will be praying for this one for ya!

Peace,

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

P
P
Originally Posted By: Gardener

..,.he made sure I knew not to count on him to help me out at all until I get a job.
"I won't help you out when you need it, only after you no longer do?"

Sounds like he missed his calling, Hoozh. The Wicca-humper should've been a loan officer.

Pupy

H
OP Offline
H
lol, pup!!

I think I wrote that poorly; he didn't indicate he'd help me out later, either! just "don't expect my help in this."

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
H
OP Offline
H
hm,
just came across a really promising job opening and...I have connections there, someone who knows the trauma surgeon and his nurse.
Well, this certainly sounds good.
Hey, you are the best person for this position. You know that. They don't know it yet, but if you get to talk to them, they will!
I will be praying for this one for ya!

Peace,

well, here's the thing--I really am!!!!! not just selling myself here, but I have the background in spades. and even better--I could really enjoy this, too. hadn't even considered that as an option.

I've officially applied, and I sent a resume to my contact person. she advised that she'd already been contacted that my app is in, and said "resume looks great!"

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
G
G
hm,
In another re-invention, I was a recruiter for five years.
My advice: great start, but push a little. Don't wait.
Call your contact and find out the name of the person who "app is in" with. See if your contact has enough influence to get that person to set up a meeting with you on their recommendation alone.
If not, ask your contact if he or she would mind (or if he/she thinks it wise) if you call the decision maker yourself. Introduce yourself, acknowledge that he/she must have many resumes (and other things to do, besides) but you wanted to just introduce yourself and let them know how very interested you are in taking on this position and was wondering if you could schedule a short introductory meeting (not "interview").

Even if they say, "no," or "I haven't even looked at these resumes, yet," "we'll be in touch, etc.," say "I understand completely. Would you mind if I check in with you next week (day, date and time)?" If they say yes, call back exactly on that day, date, and time. If they say no, say, "I understand, thanks for your time, I look forward to meeting you." Follow up with the same thing in a snail mail thank-you for their time and a "in addition to my resume, I'd like to call your attention to the following significant accomplishments (or qualifications) that I will bring to this position." Then stay on top of your contact.

But you probably know all this: This just re-fired all my dormant recruiter synapses! grin

Last edited by Gardener; 08/24/10 05:05 PM.

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

H
OP Offline
H
excellent ideas! thanks, gardener. you've got quite the background!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
P
P
hm,
In another re-invention, I was a recruiter for five years.
My advice: great start, but push a little. Don't wait.
Call your contact and find out the name of the person who "app is in" with. See if your contact has enough influence to get that person to set up a meeting with you on their recommendation alone.
If not, ask your contact if he or she would mind (or if he/she thinks it wise) if you call the decision maker yourself. Introduce yourself, acknowledge that he/she must have many resumes (and other things to do, besides) but you wanted to just introduce yourself and let them know how very interested you are in taking on this position and was wondering if you could schedule a short introductory meeting (not "interview").

Even if they say, "no," or "I haven't even looked at these resumes, yet," "we'll be in touch, etc.," say "I understand completely. Would you mind if I check in with you next week (day, date and time)?" If they say yes, call back exactly on that day, date, and time. If they say no, say, "I understand, thanks for your time, I look forward to meeting you." Follow up with the same thing in a snail mail thank-you for their time and a "in addition to my resume, I'd like to call your attention to the following significant accomplishments (or qualifications) that I will bring to this position." Then stay on top of your contact.

But you probably know all this: This just re-fired all my dormant recruiter synapses! grin

whistle whistle whistle whistle

What Gardener says, Hoozh. BINGO.

Puppy

G
G
Wow!
My first whistle whistle whistle whistle from Pup!

Banner day!

Gardener

Cyrano deBergerac

H
OP Offline
H
already done. we'll see what I hear back.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
Page 99 of 101 1 2 97 98 99 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard