Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 87 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 86 87
D
OP Offline
D
I think it was one of those times when I realised he was quiet because he was and it had nothing to do with me.

G
G
Hi Cas, good on you, handled well, I would say he was probably deep in thought about the situation he has caused.

Trying to keep hope alive
D
OP Offline
D
Feeling really positive today...there's a big world out there and this year it's all about getting ready for next year when I get back out there. I want to travel more, buy a new house in the next couple of years, to do some study and to entertain more at home. Have to get more organised in the meantime! I realise I have been letting things stand in the way...making excuses and it's been all about H, not me.

Just a random thought....a year ago for the kid's birthdays we all went to dinner, horribly strained events. We split the bill both times. This year birthday dinners and dinner with H's parents h paid and didn't accept my offer. When we went to dinner after S's formal H paid and I gave cash after and he accepted. My translation-dinner for 2 = we'll both pay our way cos this is not a date!

G
G
I am so glad you are feeling positive Cas, I love those moments when I feel that way, it is that feeling of empowerment you get from it.

Yes, I think you are right, that is how he probably views it. But having said that today the generations behind us split the bills no matter what the relationship.

Whenever H and I went out even on our anniversary, I always ended up paying as he constantly would leave his wallet at home or in the car and he is still doing it each time we have had lunch or dinner or coffee it is me who pays.

D
OP Offline
D
So a report from today.....

Took D to school which made her day-she usually catches a bus. S and I went to do some stuff for him and then we had lunch together. We spent a bit of time at home and then we went to get him a new doona, sheets and cover. He's spring cleaning his room. Yay! Spending time with S is always a wonderful pleasure and when he feels like chatting he can provide some interesting observations.

I love clearing out! I want to do some myself but I can hear the physio in my ear so I'll sit still and do nothing once again! Mentally though, I'm clearing out and planning for next year. Feels good and positive!

E
E
Happy, happy (((Cas)))!

Glad that you are feeling positive - it's great whilst you are in that mode. I envy those of you with kids, at the moment. It seems that they can be a blessing or a burden but when the chips are down, they are there by your side.

Cas, you have no profile showing so we don't know anything about your ages and how many kids etc .. pardon me if I have missed that along the way but, as you know, I haven't been coming here for all that long.

Keep up the vibe and will check back later. Did H appreciate his new doona etc ... ?? What was his reaction??

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
B
B
Hoorah for the positive mood, that's the spirit girl. With or without our H by our side there's loads of living to be done. Our M may be over but our lives aren't (my latest mantra).

Keep it up!

married 23 years
4 grown up kids
D
OP Offline
D
My kids are such a blessing to me Nell. I love their company and they both keep me balanced. When i was in hospital their constant love and support was amazing. We've faced quite a lot of challenges over the past 4 years. They are wonderful young adults.

No definitely no purchases for H, another 180 as I'm sure he's surprised I haven't sent him a house warming gift or even a card-the purchases were for S who is 17 (and D is 15). S was so happy with our purchases and I feel so pleased to buy him something because he really is very undemanding.

E
E
Sorry Cas - I totally misread that, didn't I? It's all this H talk blush

I can see now that it was for your S but glad that he got to have a treat anyhow!!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
G
G
Hi Cas

I can't agree with you more about the kids being a blessing. My D is very close to me but I think as my S has got older he has become more protective of me.

I am sure that you are like me and you look at your kids and are so proud of how they have grown into such well balanced caring individuals.

A very important job well done I say.

Page 22 of 87 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 86 87

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard