Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 57 of 101 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 100 101
G
G
hm,

Nothing to add re: your spineless, unprincipled, unchristian "pastor' that BeingMe, msinvisible, puppy, NoCodeBlues and June72 haven't already covered.
Originally Posted By: puppydogtails
You need to call him out, G. How many other parishoners aren't having their spiritual needs met, because of this man's cowardice??

Expose him!!!
Yes.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

H
OP Offline
H
Thank you all for your powerful responses. I didn't really expect to hear from him, I was just kind of irritable and fired off an email to a nameless, faceless sender.

The thing is, there's no one to expose him to. We have episcopal clergy here in town who have recently made the papers for being part of a male prostitution ring, and for serial affairs with parishioners. This is nothing. In fact, this is probably seen as tactful handling of a potential scandal.

I will respond in time, but it won't be as a pitiful scorned wife. It will be as a fellow pastoral minister--but one with a spine and some moral authority. I want him to cringe--and never to handle anything this way again.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
P
P
Hey Hoos,

I just went back to read your original email from your "pastor" which I found extremely - well, unsupportive. Mind you, I have my own issues/conversations with a certain, or two, priests. I have found myself keeping them "informed" of my progress, but never really have found much in the way of emotional support from them, except in the beginning.

Honestly, I do think sometimes, in my own head, I talk myself into some negative ways of thinking, ie. "He doesn't like me anymore, he's unconcerned, he's never there for me, etc., etc." But, for the most part, I think he does what he can and says what he thinks will help me. But never, never, never has he said he would be deleting me from his email list. He better not! I'd probably have to throw the book - yes, that book - at him!

Stay in good thoughts, girl. Be calm and forgive, if you can.

poet

Last edited by poet; 04/17/10 03:30 PM.
A
A
And this is the denomination/congregation your X defected to because yours is so f-ed up (he says?). Man.

A
A
"... I am confident that you understand the great ambiguities, uncertainties, and difficulties which occur whenever people you love and care for make choices and decisions which you may or may not condone..."

Last I checked, adultery is an unambiguous 10 Commandment fail.

K
K
That's why I dont believe in "church" but I believe in God. Churches (in Greece at least) are run like enterprises and rarely offer the spiritual and moral support people need.

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
W
W
I think we have to keep in mind that Pastor's are human and they make mistakes. Now, whether this Pastor has made a mistake is hard for me to judge. The fact that he took the time to reply at the length he did says something, a coward would have ignored your email and had you taken off the email list. Obviously, he is trying to give some kind of explanation be it right or wrong. I'm also not sure that it's the Pastor's job to play policeman because if that were the case he'd be kicking people out of the church left and right. Wasn't it Jesus who hung out with sinners? He was Lord of the Losers! A Pastor has to walk a very fine line sometimes, sinners need someone to go to but won't if the Pastor is the law and order guy. In any church there are any number of people who, according to others, shouldn't be there. Does the Pastor kick everyone out who isn't towing the line? I can see the Pastor not allowing them responsible positions in the congregation but otherwise I'm not sure it's his place to kick ass! Obviously, everyone else on this thread disagrees. So kick me off the thread! grin But seriously Hoosier, I'm so sorry for the hurt that this has caused you. We all want to feel our church is there for us in time of need and it's hard when you feel that wasn't the case, especially when you're already trying to deal with your own and your D's deep pain.

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
H
OP Offline
H
A bit of clarification...
This isn't my pastor. awhile before he split, xH changed denominations so that he could be ordained (Catholicism frowns on that sort of thing, married people being ordained and all). And this pastor and his wife and xH and I hung out from time to time, had dinner, chats, etc. so when xH apparently went crazy and all, I contacted him to talk some sense into xH. provided emails that proved he left me for the wicca woman. pastor was far more appalled that I read xH's private email and shared it with him than he was at the adultery, and agreed to meet with me one time only.

xH wasn't just a member of this congregation, he's a candidate for priesthood, participates in a leadership role at liturgies and serves on a leadership committee. I agree, you don't kick someone out of your church, but you also don't need to elevate them to a leadership position when their personal lives are a mess, nor do you recommend them for priesthood. and you also don't push away the family that has been left to fend for themselves in the midst of pain without reaching out in some way. I've done pastoral ministry...I would have handled this far differently if I was on the other side of it.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
V
V
^ this sounds familiar.

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: v1olin
^ this sounds familiar.
yeah, I bet it does. far more common, and across denominational lines, than anyone would suspect.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
Page 57 of 101 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard