Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Well thank you for asking, he is basically the same. He has been on the meds for 1 week now. The doctor is saying that it will take 6-8 weeks before we know if they are working or not.So far no side effects. I am working on the Male menopause book by Jed Diamond. It is really good. I left a post about it on J3B old thread. Thank you for suggesting it to me.

Me-70, D37,S36
job Offline
I will keep your father in my thoughts and prayers. It is a difficult journey he is on right now, but stay positive, the meds may be the key.

I'm glad you are enjoying the book.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
I'm glad you are enjoying the book.
Was reading some sections of it to my wife last night. He was talking about snoring and trouble sleeping. We both laughed.

Me-70, D37,S36
H
H
Good morning, OP,

Dropping to to let you know that you and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.

And I wanted to apologize directly to you; I am truly sorry; I never meant for you to be dragged into this whole mess, such as it was, nor do I mean for you to "take sides". I wasn't even referring to you in any of what I'd posted on J3B's old thread.

I realize you do not want to talk to me right now, or possibly ever again, and I can and will respect that, if that's the case.
I will not reiterate what I'd seen upon coming here, but I see things no one else does because I'm "outside" now.

Please don't grace the above with an answer, as I am not trying to restart a discussion that is over and done with; I'm done with that, and probably should never have posted what I did; but I am, who I am and have become over the years..and further changing will come as I grow older, and hopefully wiser.

Even if you decide not to speak with me again; I still have you within my thoughts/prayers, and will continue to check on you from time to time, as the burden you're carrying at this point is a heavy one.

In time, I will finish what I'm here to do, and leave again, this time for good.

So, any questions you might have, ask them while you can; this chance will not come this way once I leave this final time.

And you'll know when I do.

With that said:

Mentoring is and can be, a heavy responsibility; and I think you are well on your way toward doing that in an effective way.

You know more than you think you know, and that's a fact.

The experience you've gained is vital to helping others; if you haven't been there, you cannot even hope to help; and I believe you can and will. Not only here, but elsewhere in 3-D/real life.

Your confidence is building in that you're more sure of your answers; and it will continue to build as time goes on.

I met a man that was much like you years ago, that had been mentoring people through MLC for a number of years. He was very kind, patient, loved people, and truly wanted to help, though he'd been out of his own/his wife's for a number of years.

He was helpful to me, too; when I talked to him at some length.

I'd talked to many over that time, and each one gave me a "piece" of the puzzle to put into that big picture.

And, I believe that has been the same for you. All those pieces coming together into one big picture..and with that same picture, you'll draw on your experience/intuition helping others as you were helped.

Hope your Sunday is going well. smile

I'm hitting the road, got a long way to go.

Blessings to you, your wife, and your family, OP. smile

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
Quote:
I realize you do not want to talk to me right now, or possibly ever again
This quote is totally untrue. HB this has nothing at all to do with you or J3B thread.

It is about me.

Please understand that I did not try to take sides but just called it like I saw it. I hope you didn't read what I said as being either for you or against you. Again you have no need to apologize for anything. Please believe what I have said.

Thank you for your wishes for me and my family.
I am at my dads house right now with S22.
S22 has returned from Vienna and was accepted into IST for a PHD program in computer science. He will visit Dartmouth on April 2 to see the particulars of their offer and then have to decide between those two schools. He also has to finish writing his thesis so he can graduate on May 22 with and undergraduate/masters degree in math.

My dad has upped his medication to 1 whole pill three times a day and so far their are no side effects. Whether this medication is helping or not is unknown. It could take another 6-8 weeks before we know for sure.

Peaceful weekend so far. Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend.

Me-70, D37,S36
H
H
Hello OP,

Please understand that when I'm not sure about something, I always ask about it. smile

Well, I meant to put "probably" in there, and actually thought I did, I'm sorry again.

No, just to clarify this; I did NOT take what you said as being for or against me, and I don't operate that way; I never did.

'nuff said on that. smile

Don't worry about me, I will be fine, and that's a fact. smile

I'm in Oregon, at the moment; got to deliver in Washington State tomorrow; then got to pick up a load coming back across to the southern east coast. smile

I'm attempting to work it out so I can go home and be able to go with my husband to the doctor toward the last of this month so they can change his cast again.

My husband continues to mend as the days go on, he's complaining that he's tired of sitting around; his bones are knitting back together; that has caused him some pain.

He is doing well, though; we're staying in touch quite frequently.

I'm glad to see your weekend has been quite peaceful.

I know the problem with your dad, has really weighed heavy on you.

Have a good one. smile

Remember, as each person is different, every MLC/Transition is different..what works for one may not work for another. Most of the time it is trial and error for ALL involved.
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I just finished reading a book called "Male menopause" by Jed Diamond. I would highly recommend it to everyone
on this board. I never thought that I was going through menopause but the more I read this book I found out how wrong I was. We are going through the same thing as our spouses. The science of it is much slower than the female version but it is the same. The lessons that we are learning as the LBS all contribute to our passing though this time of our life. We need to do things to pass though our middle life transition to the beginning of the next part of our life but none the less it is all there. As I read of everyone's trials and tribulations with their spouses or ex-s I realize that we all must "grow up". This book is helping me to see what is happening much more clearly!

There are parts on sleeping patterns, snoring, mentoring, hormones, and of course sex. There is a companion book that I am going to read next called "Surviving Male Menopause for men and women" I will report on that when I get done. There is also a huge resource section for all sorts of things related to this.

Reading books is really a 180 for me. I don't think that I read 1 book in the last 35 years. Now when I get done with the books I have right now I will be up to 10 books so far since June.

Thanks again Snodderly for recommending this one.
I still need to find M GO BLUE posts about this book.
But here is the link to his thread if any one else wants to read him. It seems that Paul was a very good DB'er. His writings are also included in the resources.

http://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubb...60755#Post60755

My wife does a lot of reading, she always has! It is going to take me quite a while to catch up with her. LOL!

Last edited by OldPilot; 03/18/10 01:15 PM.

Me-70, D37,S36
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
LostForWords,

I am taking your advice and I am no longer giving you the treadmill.
I did 1 mile tonight. Walking and Running. Don't laugh I am Old!!! But I broke a sweat and got my heart beating, so now I have to keep doing this and work my way up!

Me-70, D37,S36
L
L
OP-

LOL...awesome. You have to start somewhere. I would make one suggestion though. Before you move to running...just walk and raise the grades. What I have found is that unless you can do a prolonged run (longer than say 10 minutes) walking on steep grades for a longer period of time is more beneficial. Also a heck of a lot less stressful on knees not used to the impact of running.

"Be the changes you want to see in the world"
C
Cadet Offline OP
OP Offline
C
LFW

Thanks,
I do have bad knees will work on your suggestion. Have an appointment with the machine again for tonight.

Me-70, D37,S36
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard