Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 40 of 53 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 52 53
F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: KerryK

I am envious that you have a swimming pool. The kids tell me that their future step dad is going to build a swim pool and playground for them. This is all we have at my house (minus the slide)... http://www.twincitiesdailyphoto.com/2007/redneck_waterslide.jpg

In California the cost of electricity is so high that I'm probably paying $50-75 per month just for the pumps which must be run at least 4-5 hours a day.

Kind of sucks. My Electric bill in general is $350/month. Thank You Gray Davis and Enron.

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: frank_D

After a few seconds she says she want's to talk to D18 about possibly living with her. I mentioned that D18 wants me to rent a 3 bedroom house so D14 can visit and have her own room. STBX says "Well, I'm going to ask her anyway because she wanted to live with me before but I didn't have the space in the condo".

I told D18 her mom was going to ask her if she wanted to share a house with her and D14. She immediately said "Is she crazy? I am much more comfortable living with you."

I feel sorry for her mom.

Current Thread

S
S
It probably is a good thing to have given D18 advance notice. That way she can respond in a prepared polite manner. Hopefully, she does not say "Dad already told me your were going to ask this".

You should not feel sorry though. She made her own situation with her daughter.

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Resigning the divorce papers tomorrow. Finally done.

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Life is good. Something has changed. Maybe just perspective.

Current Thread

J
J
Perspective affects alot Frank.

Good for you!

What does you weekend look like?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
Perspective affects alot Frank.

Good for you!

What does you weekend look like?

Yes they do.

My weekend is going to be busy with projects I want to get done. And I'll spend some time with my girls.

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Got the word, STBX signed this afternoon. Papers to be filed monday and in 2-3 weeks it's over. Finally.

Kinda interesting. Friday the 13th. Very appropriate.

Now, our anniversary is Nov 23rd. 10 days from now. Think the judge can get 'er done by then? wink

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
So today, like Sleeper, I'm letting myself feel the anger at what has happened to my family. I'm angry that I was weak when I was capable of being strong.

I'm angry that as I look back at my entire marriage I was married to a woman who was a kind and loving person but did not have the relationship skills to be supportive when it really mattered.

I'm angry that she chose to run from problems, thinking that she could 'shock' me into action. Or thinking that her happiness was all that mattered.

I'm angry that my children will have to live with these memories for the rest of their lives. They will have trust issues and self esteem issues.

But, I'm glad that I'm the kind of man who can help them through this so that those issues aren't as bad as they were for me as a child when I went through this same experience.

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Anger diminishes with time. I went to a friends house last night, whole family and extended family was there. Seeing the love, and lack of dysfunction made me realize how much dysfunction there was in STBX's family. A large part of our issues were the result of her issues with her father and his wife and in laws.

She never felt accepted, had low self esteem, and they were of the judgemental.

So, when I was unable to be the 'balance' in her emotions no wonder she ran away.

That doesn't make it ok. It just means I understand.

I'm moving on.

Current Thread

Page 40 of 53 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 52 53

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard