Print Thread
Page 45 of 53 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 52 53
F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
Frank,

I am just reading what you write, and presenting my take on it.

I know, I am simply clarifying.

On another note...

What's with XW's "timidness" when knocking on the door in the morning and in general? For someone who is 'happy' and in control of their life she sure seems afraid to knock on the door or (gasp) ring the doorbell.

Current Thread

S
S
Originally Posted By: frank_D
What's with XW's "timidness" when knocking on the door in the morning and in general? For someone who is 'happy' and in control of their life she sure seems afraid to knock on the door or (gasp) ring the doorbell.

Are you one of the drivers that slow down to gawk at accidents as you drive by? Dont do it. You are creating your own traffic jam in your mind.

J
J
Frank,

If I am not mistaken, your X has always been timid. I do not recall any time in your writings when she wasn't.

She puts the PASSIVE in passive.

How is that shocking?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
Frank,

If I am not mistaken, your X has always been timid. I do not recall any time in your writings when she wasn't.

She puts the PASSIVE in passive.

How is that shocking?

Good observation. She is who she is.

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Somehow I see all this 'dog' stuff as her trying to see what she can get from me now that the divorce is almost final.

She has no clue.

Current Thread

W
W
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted By: Walking
I had the devils own job detaching. It took years. In the end I accepted a job in a remote Aboriginal Community in the outback, 3000km away from home and lived as the only non-indigenous person in a 4th world cross-cultural economy for 18 months. I was 400km by dirt road from the nearest regional town and 1500km from the nearest reasonable coffee. No cell-phone coverage, limited satellite cover and a completely dry (no alcohol)area - so there was no risk of drinking and dialing!! As a form of detaching - self imposed exile is right up there!!!

WOW! Did you keep yourself entertained swatting flying insects?

Lol ...

There were a LOT of insects and some of them were pretty big ... but no. It was a pretty amazing job so I was busy (that's what GAL is all about no? keeping busy so your mind isn't wallowing in divorce and exes and stuff)

for the first little while the kids entertained me - they were constantly around, checking me out and reporting back to their families what the mitg cjuyk (white girl) was like.

Then the woman took me under their wing and tried to teach me the Dreamtime stories. They taught me how to hunt and gather (fish, turtles, turtle eggs, wallaby, bush plants and medicines) and how to deal with cheating husbands ("you flog that woman he went with, you flog her good one - then you give that cheeky husband back to her - that's all she deserves, no good man, just run-around-used-up husband one").

When the women had taught me their way, and the community agreed I knew enough about their way, then they let me talk to the men - who taught me about lore and let me teach them about (what they call) "white-fella way".

There was very little time to wallow in self pity - although I admit to a few Saturday evenings when the Countrymen were dancing Corroborree and I locked up in the airconditioned donga when I wrote a bitter letter or two to the ex ... fortunately the mail only left once a fortnight so there was little risk of actually posting one!!!

V

Never make someone a priority, who makes you an option.
S
S
What an amazing experience to immerse yourself in another culture. I really like how they recommend how to deal with cheaters and their partners. And the words "mitg cjuyk" seem like a mouthfull.

I got to experience being amongst a different culture when I used to visit my in laws in Thailand. My first trip was for my FIL's funeral which is a week long event for Buddhists there. My most interesting trip was to Vietnam with 2 bus loads of Thai Orthopedic surgeons and I had no idea what the old ex-Vietcong guide was saying because he only spoke Thai and Vietnamese. I just remember that he frowned whenever he looked at my son and I as we were the only Americans. My BIL told me that it was best that I not hear some of the things he was saying.

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
D14 took Skylar to the condo last night. This morning XW dropped of Skylar through the gate as I requested and not by coming to the door.

He was upset like last time, whining for a while after she was gone.

A few minutes later she texted me to tell me he snubbed his food this morning and that since they went on a long walk at the park he was probably hungry.

I guess I am glad she honored my boundaries this morning. That's it for visits this week. If D14 asks they can have him one day next week.

Current Thread

S
S
Here is a very touching video about a man, his dog and emotions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yc6X5_jL9M

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Here is a very touching video about a man, his dog and emotions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yc6X5_jL9M

The dog looks almost identical to my dog Sam, who died about 14 years ago. I can still smell him. He was a good dog.

Current Thread

Page 45 of 53 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 52 53

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard