Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 53 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 52 53
J
J
1 Kerry, you just dated yourself.
2 Frank, you should buy your AA sponsor a bee...root beer. I like him.

Why must you characterize behaviour?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I agree, I don't like the overuse of makeup / perfume. That's one of the things I liked about STBXW was that she had a 'natural' beauty to me.

On another note, it's said that the opposite of love is indifference. I would have to say that STBX is pretty close to being indifferent. As for me, well I've accepted that this is the life I have been dealt. My kids love me and that's what matters.

Still, there is that nagging feeling in the back of my head that this is wrong. When does that go away?

Current Thread

J
J
When you've made your peace, Frank.

Quote:

If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. If you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

It's from a movie. Any idea which one?

Last edited by Jack_Three_Beans; 11/17/09 06:09 PM.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
When you've made your peace, Frank.

Quote:

If you're frightened of dying, and you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. If you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the Earth.

It's from a movie. Any idea which one?

Jacobs Ladder.

I agree with the sentiment. It's all about FEAR.

Current Thread

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Last night D14 took our beagle to stay with her and her mom overnight. STBX dropped him off around 8 am. D14 goes to school by 7 am.

She has a key so she can open the door and let him in the house. After she dropped him off he was sitting by the window whining.

Around 10:30 this morning she texts me saying that he was fun to have overnight and she took him for a walk in the big park we have here called 'Wildwood' and he enjoyed the walk. She then asks if he can come over again tonight.

I said 'Of course, any time'. He misses her and the whole family unit of course. Even dogs need visitation. Was just thinking how he is not mentioned in the divorce decree.

I remember how she said several weeks ago how she misses him, which is a metaphor for how she misses her old life - minus me. Now she's obsessing over seeing him, especially since tuesday's are work nights for her.

Did she take OM on her walk this morning? Who knows and what difference does it make? Our dog doesn't care as long as he has attention.

Gotta remember that for her, the grass is greener where she is and my grass is in a great need for watering so I can live better in it. smile

By the way, our anniversary is next monday. Would have been 19 years. It would be ironic if our divorce is finalized by then.

Current Thread

J
J
Quote:

which is a metaphor for how she misses her old life - minus me. Now she's obsessing over seeing him, especially since tuesday's are work nights for her.

I love you Frank, but man...how the F do you know it is a metaphor except in your head? Don't do this to yourself.

S
S
Wildwood park? Do they have flowers there?

Yes Jack, I am dating myself again.

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
So she replies to my text:

'Great how about every day during the school week?'

That seems like a bit much. I do like having the little guy around at night too.

So she's going from pretty much never seeing him to wanting him on weeknights. That's a big change for me. I don't like the feeling I'm getting. Not sure how to reply.

Current Thread

S
S
Sounds like the dog enjoyed it. Maybe it will give the birds a feeling of freedom when the dog is out.

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: KerryK
Sounds like the dog enjoyed it. Maybe it will give the birds a feeling of freedom when the dog is out.

The birds could care less.

I think what's bothering me is the idea of large change on my weeknights. And, is it 'cake eating' to give in to such a big request?

Or enabling?

Current Thread

Page 42 of 53 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 52 53

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard