Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 53 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 52 53
J
J
How often are you checking her site?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
How often are you checking her site?

I generally don't. A mutual friend sent me the posting.

I don't like to hurt myself by looking at it.

Current Thread

J
J
Nice friend.

Does he/she kick you in the nutz when he/she greets you in person too? : )

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
Nice friend.

Does he/she kick you in the nutz when he/she greets you in person too? : )

'She' used to be friends with STBX and thought it was an extremely bizarre thing for her to post.

I really don't care. If STBX really felt that way, she would have sent ME a note saying this stuff. She posted on Facebook for her own gratification / guilt.

Par for the course.

Current Thread

W
W
BND - perfectly, sensitively, compassionately said.

Frank - what she said.

V

V

Never make someone a priority, who makes you an option.
F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Regarding the facebook post. D18 is 'friends' with her mother so when she goes online and sees the post, I'm sure she will be upset by it. She already disrespects her mom and BF as it is.

Current Thread

F
F
you could always go on her facebook page and let her know that cried is spelled CRIED instead of CRYED

just sayin

and

what kind of booby prize do i win? whistle

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
Originally Posted By: figgeroni
you could always go on her facebook page and let her know that cried is spelled CRIED instead of CRYED

just sayin

and

I'm not her 'friend' so I can't post to her. Nor would I anyway. Even though her page is public to anyone I don't look at it.

But yeah, spelling is not one of her strengths.

Current Thread

S
S
Originally Posted By: figgeroni

I do not believe you need any more boobies....let me think on it....... whistle

Ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

F
frank_D Offline OP
OP Offline
F
I did the numbers I needed to figure out my income for the past 6 months for the bankruptcy lawyer. I had done calculations during the summer for an average and it was about $5k, which put me under the $65k max to be able to file ch 7.

When I met with the lawyer after signing the divorce papers and feeling like I had no choice but to do the bankruptcy due to the emotional duress I was feeling, I told him I THOUGHT I was making only $5k per month.

Well I forgot that during the past 3 months I did make a bit more because of a couple projects I got. So I called him and said that it looks like I didn't qualify.

He seemed very agitated and angry that I told him I thought I was making about $5k but after checking I am showing improvement in income.

He asked if I had business deductions and when I said I really don't he got angry at me for 'not working with him' and that HE could come up with the required amounts.

This raised a red flag for me. I felt that we might be pushing it too close, that I might be making more money in the next few months and in the end be denied the bankruptcy so I said I want to put this off and get a refund.

The fee was a flat rate, and he says he's put hours of work in and had to charge me for the time. I can understand that but his rate is $350/hour for his regular representation. I am hoping he doesn't charge me that and take half my money for doing work a legal aid person could do.

The real lesson here is that I haven't trusted myself and my intuition when I should. I did NOT feel good writing him a check the other day for a lot of reasons but felt I 'had no choice'. That I was defeated.

So wrong.

I am capable of so many things, and I WILL believe in myself. I will pray that this lawyer will listen to his conscience and realize that he isn't justified to charge me more than a few hundred dollars.

Otherwise this will be an expensive lesson. Regardless of the financial issues, I know I can trust myself and this feels so wrong.

Current Thread

Page 38 of 53 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 52 53

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard