Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 60 of 72 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 71 72
E
OP Offline
E
Not a bad day today. Started off with not one but TWO emails from H - OK, so only two paragraphs but they were upbeat and one of them was almost funny!! He said that he would respond to my previous emails when he gets back as his wifi connection was poor at the hotel.

I was so concerned as to whether or not he was getting back at the weekend and, after having sent something to his work email address, his out of office confirmed that he will be back on Monday so I am now cock-a-hoop knowing that he will not be staying interstate at the weekend! Don't ask me why it makes a difference to me, it just does. I know that it does not change our sitch.

Learned last evening from someone who had seen H with ow, that she has a very bad habit - H can not tolerate it and yet to learn that ow partakes, makes me wonder how long before that is doomed!! It all helps!

Still wondering if H is going through with getting the house valued next week whether I am here or not. Will be setting some traps to see if he has been here in my absence! I can't stop him and he can't force me to sell, so this doesn't mean anything much other than getting an idea of where we currently sit in the marketplace.

Finally got paid today and very nice it was too! I would normally be looking to go and blow the lot but sense has prevailed and I am budgeting well. I have to put some away for savings and future bills but if enough left over, I want to get some furnishings to make me feel better in the house.

So, pretty positive. I'm now off to research for a local Tai Chi class, which I have decided, shall be my new GAL activity!!

Looks like the weekend is set to be pretty warm (33 degrees Poms!!) and so that may put pay to my gardening activities. Instead I may have to open up the pool and think about it ... the water is just 25 at the minute so maybe not quite yet!!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
D
D
Nice contact from H!! You sound a little more upbeat Nell. Good job!

L
L
Thanks Nell, I have has just put a polo neck on and turned the heating on its freezing and drizzly today Im so envious! You do sound more upbeat, look forward to the first Tai Chi report.

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
E
OP Offline
E
Thanks Cas - yes, I was surprised that H had responded. Told myself that he was busy in Sydney and would probably not hear from him until next week as I know he's really under the pump on this new induction course.

I validated his efforts in respect his work and showed much interest - a big 180 from me as far as he will be concerned! I'm wondering if, even though he had limited time, our successful weekend meeting and now me being a bit more positive toward him has helped in him responding so soon. I asked that we work on our communication and, although it's not much, it's certainly an improvement, as you all know! Baby steps.

Hoping to hear from him on the weekend but won't hold my breath and certainly have some things lined up for myself to be involved with, if not.

Is this me getting stronger or the influence of multivitamins which are boosting my ever decreasing diet?!! grin

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

E
OP Offline
E
Hey Rabbit - don't knock it ... the autumn was always my favourite season back home. Now that I have a foot in both lands and can hop back and forth at my leisure, I still like the autumn here too ... it's not hot but just comfortably warm - like a summers day in the UK.

Don't be envious - just say the word and throw yourself down the Rabbit hole towards the Big Red Country!

However, I am waiting for my bubble to burst again as I feel that I might be riding too high just now. I was even listening to the radio in the car today and I haven't done that since pre-bomb. The bubble bursting may come next week if H goes through with the threat of the valuers coming in.

I also spoke with a very nice Doctor on the phone today - he has called me twice now (purely business) but he sounds mmm, mmmm ..... !! I am visiting with him next week for a case conference! Bet he's ugly, attached and anything but the yum yum he sounds on the blower!! It just lifted my spirits to be confident and breezy during our conversation and when I got off the phone I felt really good about myself. Gave me a lift that I haven't felt in a long while. Even stopped me thinking about H for 15 minutes of the hour long car drive I then had ahead of me!!

Is this the start of my detachment ... ??

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

J
JCJ Offline
J
Hi Nell, you sound good, has getting back to work helped?

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
D
D
Originally Posted By: Eskimo Nell
Started off with not one but TWO emails from H - OK, so only two paragraphs but they were upbeat and one of them was almost funny!! He said that he would respond to my previous emails when he gets back as his wifi connection was poor at the hotel.

Wow. That is progress Nell. Excellent.

Originally Posted By: Eskimo Nell
Is this me getting stronger or the influence of multivitamins which are boosting my ever decreasing diet?!! grin

I think you are certainly getting stronger. Look how well you did when H last visited.

Maybe I should start taking some vitamins too.

1st
2nd
3rd
Current
E
OP Offline
E
Hi JCJ
Yes, getting back to work has certainly helped and the good news is that I was told today the job may become permanent!! The person on maternity leave has called to request part time hours but it looks like they won't accommodate her. Seems then that they are lining me up and that would be the answer to one of two major prayers that I have at this time!

Three guesses what the other one is?!!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

E
OP Offline
E
Glad that you popped by Dudess - yes, it is an improvement but I instinctively know that he will draw back again now. I have sent him some nice emails during the week - he has asked for copies of all the bills so, as they are coming in for the month/quarter, I have taken the opportunity to add some 'happy' remarks to send with them.

It seems to have worked but what's in store next, who knows? Just look what my horoscope had to say today:

"You are trying to maintain a sense of equilibrium, but the complexity of your home life could spill over into the larger picture. Your immediate reaction to a personal issue might be so strong that you should think twice about what you're going to do before letting an adrenaline rush determine your future. If you have any doubts at all, sit with your answer a while and then let it go".

It's so me ....... !!!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

D
D
Nell, who needs three guesses?

Page 60 of 72 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 71 72