Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mar1713 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Went to counselor with my now exH, over what I now call a sex-starved marriage, she didn't help at all. So I just accepted how life will be. Life was completely do'able, until my exB came into my life again and I fell for every lie he told me (different thread). I went back to the counselor to sort out my feelings and her advice and ways of dealing with me just pulled me away from my H and straight into the arms of the OM! she convinced me I was doing the right thing. There was never any discussion about how to work it out and stay married! She told me my exH was most likely gay and has probably had and incestual relationship with his sister at least once (long story, but I don't think that's true).
Lastly, Me and the OM ended up with problems, I sent him to this counselor, she met him once, then we went together. She didn't have any idea what his personality type was, so he completely manipulated her (I was there and watched him do it) She blamed me for everything, blatently compared this relationship to the one with my exH and we fought and we broke up 2 days later! BTW, this relationship was nothing like the one with my ExH AND....when I saw her about the problem with the OM on my own, she agreed with me and recognized he was being completely disrespectful! I can't stress enogh how much a good counselor is needed especially if you think you want a divorce because the right one might of done things differently and I might still be married to a very wonderful man!

W
W
WOW I have to say I think there are alot of bad consolers out there for sure.... Im not too sure W is seeing a good one now.. she is still hanging around with people that helped her reach the point in her life she is at right now.. (very very bad stuff) but yet leaving her husband and kids is ok???? yeah I think consolers often just tell people to do things based on surface issues rather than get into the real issues

W28/M29
D8
D6
S3
M
mar1713 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Absolutely! I think my bad counselor should see someone to help with her issues before she can help anyone else! My present counselor is soooo much better, he's a psychiatrist or psychologist not just a therapist. He definitely said there are no "bad matches" out there, if two people love each other and are willing to put in the work, they can be happy : ) I just hope my Ex is someday going to want to try again.

M
mar1713 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
The people that your W is seeing are only hearing her side. and sometimes they can justify leaving her husband and kids, I know its crazy, but it happened to me and it was like I was brainwashed.

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard