Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 72 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 71 72
E
OP Offline
E
Journaling:

Well, with JCJ having put a shot across my bows yesterday, I had to consider that she was right. I therefore considered how it would be for me to move over East and start my life from scratch. Scary? Yes; do-able? Yes; Do I want to? Yes and No. Still, the seed has been planted and I shall use the next few weeks or months to germinate it ... it may well shrivel up and die but if it lives, what a magnificent plant it could truly be!

I am trying to think of other things than the H situation but living in my silent world does not give me too many opportunities for hearing much else. Even if I do things that distract, like read a book, the thoughts eventually catch up and start to choke me. Distraction is good but it is self-limiting.

OK - today will be about 1) cutting the tree between showers 2) starting my studies again and 3) a little research on job availability in my 'intended' new state. PMA - must look for some of that, too!

Have a good day friends.

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
D
D
Curious now Nell. What's your intended eastern state? Do you have one or is the intended state the one that has the most job prospects?

E
OP Offline
E
I'm thinking Brisbane Cas .... but could well end up depending on job situation.

I do know a couple in Bris and that would be a good start. I haven't seen the lady in 3 years and we only know this couple as we met when we were out on Heron. We have had a few phone calls and we are on group email for jokes etc ... I'm sure that they would be disappointed to know that H and I have parted but I also think that they would be supportive, as much as able, if I did move over.

I do hope that you are going to tell me that you are in Brisbane too?!!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

D
D
Having read what you said yesterday, I wondered why the suggestion of WA for the climate and wondered why they didn't suggest Melbourne or Tasmania?

E
OP Offline
E
Yes, I hear that too! Couldn't do either of those now though ... I love the rain but not too much. I have learned to enjoy the sunshine and welcome the benefits of the extra seratonin that it produces ... happy pills in sunny form!

I liked Melbourne the twice I went but not enough ... and I have never yet been to Tas.

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

D
D
I'm on the Gold Coast Nell. We have beautiful sunshiney days but summer has lots of rain.

D
D
btw I know some great hospitals from patient experience both here and in Brisbane!!!

E
OP Offline
E
I hear that the GC is lovely but rain in the summer? Really surprises me.

Good to know that the hospitals are a good experience over there but my speciality is in Occupational Health/Injury Management so that's what I would be looking out for.

How long does it take to get to Briz, from where you are?

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

D
D
This is a sub tropical climate so there will always be rain in summer and drier in winter. It should take an hour to travel from GC to Bris but there is a lot of traffic in peak hour and both Bris and GC have traffic problems (like all growing cities)

As for your specialty field, i am of absolutely no help whatsoever

E
OP Offline
E
Thanks Cas! I really need to do lots of thinking ... I don't feel ready right now to move, is the honest response but I am not dismissing it either - I think that's as fair as I can be upon myself.

Meanwhile, spending every day lurking around on here is not giving me any long (or even short) term solutions. I think that I am going to go fix myself some lunch, grab a cuppa and then get DR and start all over from scratch, trying to work on a plan. I feel like I have jumped in head long, taken a bit of this and a bit of that, advice from DB'ers and, in panic mode, jumped straight in to no contact with H. People who go more slowly appear to have worked out their methodology and appear to be doing much better. I always was an 'act first think later' type person, which is not always right, I learn to my horror now that H has moved out.

I don't know what's going to work best as nothing I have done seems to affect him one iota. 180's are unnoticed, NC - he doesn't care ... positive affirmation, thinks that I am loopy or sucking up to him ... NOTHING works. I feel that this is a dead horse that I am pushing up the mountain.

My anger is resurfacing at times ... I just think "how dare he leave me like this - how dare he take it for granted that I will look after the house and the pets - how dare he escape from his responsibilities leaving it all to me whilst he GAL and I continue to die inside". Of course, I have not said these things to him but I would like too .. all barr the last one, of course!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

Page 18 of 72 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 71 72

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard