Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23
R
R
Originally Posted By: GoBison
....The big question right now is if I wasted too many years on her...
No. you spent the exact right amount of time.

Quote:
or if there is a chance that we can actually work things out.
There is a chance. You work on YOU and your issues. Become the best YOU that you can.

Quote:
Right now it's out of my control as far as working things out.
Own your 1/2 of the relationship. Be a man that only a fool would leave....

"What is best for my kids is best for me"
Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
G
GoBison Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Not a lot going on between W and myself. I am not sure if there is OM there could be or there could not be either way right now my path is the same. Dark as dark can be.

I may have some more insight on what W maybe going through though. Back when the bomb was initially dropped we had just started to try to have kids. Everything was good between and the best it had been in quite sometime. She even said so during the bomb that everythig was great just a month or two before. What happened during that time. Well the fights between her folks intensified and her mom called her to complain about her dad. Bomb and post-bomb W would say things that I did but where actually things that her dad had said to her mom. I tried to point out that it wasn't me and that this has to do with her folks didn't go over well. I worked on me, she moved out and no change, no contact, no softening. Why because she is still dealing with her folks and putting the blame on me. Found out yesterday that after her last sibling went off to college her folks have decided to get a divorce.

So instead of W looking at me for support which she has done for the past 10 years on everything she looks at me as well he is similar to my dad. If we have kids and things end up like my folks we will just get divorced when the kids move out of the home in 20 years.

I am sure that she is hurting from our M as well as her folks M. As much as I would like to reach out to her and be there for her I know that I can't. She needs to figure things out on her own and me keeping my distance will hopefully allow her to see that her anger is not with me.

Not saying that there is not things that I can do to be a better husband there is and those are the things that I have worked on and will continue to do in the future. Looking at her folks I can see how her mom beat down her dad and pushed him around. The same things happened in our M and I did not stand up were I needed to as I thought it best to go with the flow. If and thats a big if right now she does decide to work on our M things will be different and I will come out of this stronger, more assertive and with more confidence than a few months ago.

"Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" Matthew 6:33
R
R
Any plans for the weekend?

Amor Fati
Link to quotes: https://www.divorcebusting.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2879712
G
GoBison Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Going out to the bar tonight with a buddy. Then going to some snowmobile drag races on the grass. Not exactly sure how that will be but there will be lots of beer and a lot of guys running around having a heck of a time. Should be good people watching. Then Sunday will be football, football and some more football.

How about yourself?

"Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well" Matthew 6:33
G
GoBison Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well still no word from the W. I really want to call her and tell we don't have to end up like her folks and get divorced in 25 years. That if we actually talk about things we can work it out now and not be in that position later. I have let it go to God and haven't broke down and called her. Just over two months now since she moved out and very little movement on her end in this. Probably just feeling sorry for myself as I know we wouldn't be in this position if it wasn't for her folks.

R
R
Hey buddy!

I had a great weekend with friends.

How was the snowmobile drags on the grass?

Amor Fati
G
GoBison Offline OP
OP Offline
G
It was interesting to say the least especially the people that were there.

Glad to hear that you had a good weekend. Just got back from playing poker at the bar with a buddy. Not to sure whats going on this weekend. Street dance tomorrow then I do t know. Might be one of the last nice weekends around here so good time to get out and enjoy. And or a last weekend to watch the girls our there. Really need to get back to working out but been too busy with other stuff.

Have a good weekend R2C.

R
R
Hope your weekend is full of good times!

Amor Fati
G
GoBison Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well I just got served divorce papers

G
GoBison Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I texted my W this morning she had some bills at the house. Did not hear from her found out two hours later why when a guy showed up at the door. I texted W back after he left told her that I will mail her the bills since I just got served and have her address.

Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard