Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 75 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 74 75
sgctxok #1815082 08/08/09 02:46 AM
N
N
Wheeewwww! Glad you are back safe and sound, brother! I think you can see just how much everyone has been concerned for you, which is to say a LOT.

But most of us all do understand the necessity of taking a break from things, yes, we do. We're just very relieved and welcome you back heartily.

Blessings.

Me: 49
WAW: 47
S11, S7
Years Married/Together: 17/18
Bomb: 6/15/07
Separation: 7/6/07
D: 4/3/09

Real love is a decision.
Marriage is a commitment.
R
R
Just what HM said - so many of us have been there, and it is very scary to see it from this side and not be able to reach you or do anything about it. Glad you are feeling better.

P
P
Yessssssssssssssssssss.

A
A
Dylan,

BearsFan and I are here in Chicago, too... So, if you ever go there again, please reach out to us!

Welcome back... and take that space, too, if you need it more than posting here...

-AlexEN

New: What a Weekend

H-48
WAW-49
M-22
S-14,9
D-11
EA disc.-11/07
PA disc.-3/08
EA2?-6/08 to ?
AlexEN #1815174 08/08/09 11:52 AM
S
S
You just made my weekend even better. Dylan, I am so glad you are ok. I can breath a little easier again.

H
H
Dylan--I certainly understand needing a break from the boards. just know that when you need us, we're here. we've all been where you are, many of us have been where you just returned from; there's no judgment here, just acceptance and support. well, occasionally an exception to that, but an exception that proves the rule. and you don't have to endlessly process here; if you just want to vent, or talk about something entirely unrelated to THAT relationship, it's perfectly okay.

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
B
B
Hey man. Just dropping in. Going to be a hot weekend here. I like warm weather but not this mid-90's crap. May hit the beach or a nearby pool. Hope you're doing better.

S
S
Hey, just stopping by. I've never talked to you on here (maybe on someone else's thread?) but I was following your thread. I'm glad you are back and feeling better. Yeah, sometimes it helps to just chat with your friends on here, joke, vent, whatever about stuff totally unrelated to the situation. That has helped me many times. Glad you're doing okay.

"Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out."
Robert Collier

"One's best success often comes after their greatest disappointments."
Henry Ward Beecher

me 33, s 9, d 4
SoCo #1815635 08/09/09 06:31 PM
S
S
Hey, Dylan!

I'm sooooo glad you are doing OK! It appears that you may have turned a corner that I too turned fairly recently. Yes, that dark place is very frightening, but if having been there shows us the real gift that our life is and enables us to take back our power and begin to live our lives for ourselves, then that is a blessing!

It also should be said that the ability to have those deep real emotions speaks much for your character! The world needs people like you (and me?) in it!! We are the caregivers of the world! Please don't ever doubt again how very beautiful, and important, you are!! To those who know and love you today......AND those you have yet to meet!!

Take care!!

((((((hugs))))))

TJ

Me45,H49
D24,S18
M26,T28
Bomb 3/19/08
Sep 6/23/08
EA/PA with Secretary 2007-8
3/2009 H moved in w/OW2
7/2009 Let him go w/Love.
8/2009 Legally Sep'd
D
OP Offline
D
Thanks again all, and I hope I can repay the favor some day.

Yes again and agreed, it seems to take the worst of events/feelings/circumstance to finally turn a corner and let life just go on.

All in all, things are still well.

Communication with XW is at an all time high since the S. She is outwardly trying to say something, but just not willing to do so. Not that it matters, what is between us is what it is. However, the overall comfort level is up. Heck, we've even been randomly calling each other about sales or what not. We've even been exchanging random 'gifts' and compliments to each other.

The kids on the other hand, are having a bit of a pull with things. S12 has been calling daily to come get him and do something like grab a bite to eat or what not. I had to stop at XW's twice last week for off the wall reasons just so they could get a few minutes in with me. S11 proclaims more over that he wants to be by me.

XW voluntarilly let me have them over for the night last Friday, that was nice. So I'm not sure if the fact they can't see their father when they want is really starting to naw away at her, or if she's simply overwhelmed having to deal with family issues "alone", or both who knows. She still has control issues with them when I'm talking to them on the phone.

I just know something is rattling around in her head. Last Wednesday I was supposed to stop by "her house" for a moment. But when I called her to let her know I was a few minutes away, she said she was at "our" house and if I could meet her there. Ugh, did my stomache drop to think of going back there. For some reason she seems to be spending quite a bit of time there lately. I still vow to never set foot near that place again, parked a few houses down and waited for her.

Anyway, she gave me my bike back that was supposed to be returned months ago. It's completely trashed, but salvageable. So we were just small talking and she asked me for a cigarette as she didn't have hers. I took note again to her ring and finally asked if that was her engagement ring. She somberly replied "yes, well not anymore". She says she broke off the engagement, isn't sure what to do, is scared, but 'he's a very nice, caring man". I think I ate my tongue for dinner hearing all that.

We didn't get into any talk of "us" per sae. The few times it did, I went with my usual standing, it is what it is. We talked about work and life in general, my point being trying to find another job so I can finally get out on my own, she asked as she has done many times of where I'd move to. Each and every time my answer has simply been back in to town here, this is where I belong and where the kids want me. But standing so close to that house made me openly question if I could or not. XW has also indidcated she wants me to move back too and even offered up employment sugestions. I just said we'll see.

So, that's it in a nutshell overall. Just finally living for me and my boys as things are now, not how they were and how I felt they should still be. Just making the best of it. And, so far, the approach is not only good for me, but the boys, and now a more 'lax relation' with someone who I have to get along with no matter what the situation.

Last edited by dday101798; 08/10/09 05:30 PM.

Me 35/XW 33
S13 & S12
M: 10/17/98
OM & S: 07/08
D final 06/09/09
12/03/09 - 06/13/10 "Piercing"
06/13/10: Engaged to Re-marry 10/17/10
06/25/10: Expecting baby #3 2/14/11
Page 22 of 75 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 74 75

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard