M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
xH remarried (not OW) 2012
B
B
Yep, definitely the teen thing. They feel that everything revolves around their needs and wants. Hate to hear the word "no". Been there done that, and the last one is 17 and almost done ... still the odd selfishness now and then, but otherwise quite calm. I am glad I stuck it out with my H these last five years, for no other reason, that there was another parent to help. They have no idea about the struggles of parenting, looking after a house, working, etc.

Please don't feel like a failure ... that title belongs to your XH, even if he thinks otherwise. I bet the "crazy" word came from him.

You're doing great, but teens can blow up one's worst days to mega proportions, when it is just a bad day.

Take care.

Me:57 H:52 M:28 Got another lawyer last year and filed.
D35,S/D twins28,D22
EA4/04 End? Who knows?
"Life is like a mirror. Smile at it and it smiles back at you." — Peace Pilgrim
W
W
My D16 has lunch at my place daily and last week she phoned me to say "Could you please do the dishes daily" It has apparently never occured to her that SHE may actually be able to wash a few herself. It's occured to her now, believe me!

Divorced February 27, 2012.

"Only by love is love awakened".~ Ellen G White
H
OP Offline
H
actually, she got the dvd player set up today, by herself.

ok, so she got to do it in the daylight!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
V
V
Ugh, I am not looking forward to teenage years with my daughters! Sorry to hear about your night Hoosier. I have that same feeling of being out done by the ex and her family. All we can do is make the best of what we have! At least you did'nt lose your keys! smile

Me 35
Wife 34
Two daughters 8 years and 3 years
Bomb 3/30/09
W filed 4/16/09
We met in'92 married in 2000
Divorce final
H
OP Offline
H
smile

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
P
P
Originally Posted By: Gardener
hm,
I'm sorry you had such a bad night and are having a difficult time of things in general right now.

You are definitely an official mother of a full-blown adolescent now! shocked
Fourteen. My StepD - my first daughter - was fourteen when I married her mom. Yikes! Gardener had stepped into a scary teenaged-girl-world! shocked shocked shocked

She is conflicted, in pain and very confused.

And your night last night is so full of metaphors that one could stretch them forever:

She goes to a place where everything seems - to her, right now - perfect, intact, working, family-like, and full of abundance.

Comes home to things that don't work ("DVD"), things are not affordable right now, nothing seems intact - including family - and she feels the tension, the incongruity of the two situations.

Then something shattered, which is how she probably feels about everything right now.

All Hell understandably broke loose. All Hell has broken loose in her life and in her adolescent black-or-white thinking nothing is right in her life.

Teenage angst. Very real. Very scary. Very final. (remember? wink )

I don't know exactly how hysterical she was, but next time perhaps try hugging her. Tightly. Lovingly. Restrain and comfort her.
Cry with her, not separately. And don't let go until she - and you - calm down.

Tough time and stress all around. And for her, at a very tough age.

Give yourself a good day today.

whistle whistle whistle

As the father of two young women D23 and D21 (each, curiously, who used to be 14), that was a really beautiful and wise post, Gardener.

Puppy

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
Originally Posted By: Gardener
hm,
I'm sorry you had such a bad night and are having a difficult time of things in general right now.

You are definitely an official mother of a full-blown adolescent now! shocked
Fourteen. My StepD - my first daughter - was fourteen when I married her mom. Yikes! Gardener had stepped into a scary teenaged-girl-world! shocked shocked shocked

She is conflicted, in pain and very confused.

And your night last night is so full of metaphors that one could stretch them forever:

She goes to a place where everything seems - to her, right now - perfect, intact, working, family-like, and full of abundance.

Comes home to things that don't work ("DVD"), things are not affordable right now, nothing seems intact - including family - and she feels the tension, the incongruity of the two situations.

Then something shattered, which is how she probably feels about everything right now.

All Hell understandably broke loose. All Hell has broken loose in her life and in her adolescent black-or-white thinking nothing is right in her life.

Teenage angst. Very real. Very scary. Very final. (remember? wink )

I don't know exactly how hysterical she was, but next time perhaps try hugging her. Tightly. Lovingly. Restrain and comfort her.
Cry with her, not separately. And don't let go until she - and you - calm down.

Tough time and stress all around. And for her, at a very tough age.

Give yourself a good day today.

whistle whistle whistle

As the father of two young women D23 and D21 (each, curiously, who used to be 14), that was a really beautiful and wise post, Gardener.

Puppy

it was a good one, wasn't it?!

M60
H52
D20
M14 yrs
OW-old gf from 1986
bomb-5/18/08
H filed for D-9/10/08
D final 4/24/09
G
G
Pup,
Originally Posted By: Puppy Dog Tails
whistle whistle whistle
Puppy
That was very kind of you to say. And it comes (as do so many posts on theses boards) at the end of a day in which I really needed to hear some kind words. crazy

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

F
F
next time lick her....
it shocks the bejeepers out of them and then smile and say
i love you

grin

my mom did it to me one time and I think my jaw is still somewhere on the floor

I was a raving lunatic about something or other and she grabbed my face, licked my cheek and said I love you and walked away

look at me, remember ing it even 24 years later

took the wind right out of those sails

Page 79 of 101 1 2 77 78 79 80 81 100 101

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard