Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 38 of 114 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 113 114
C
C
The CPA can probably not do anything while you two are healthy with his POA. It most likely is for when you two would be unable to handle your business affairs.

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Coach, I think I signed it so he could deal with a lien we had a long time ago. But this guy is an unstable alcoholic. Good accountant but a little hostile and a friend of H. I just don't want any monkey business...but sounds like I can relax about it for now.

I'm trying to be zen about everything...and it is going very well!

Originally Posted By: aliveandkicking
Thanks Antlers. Anyone got any ideas about the accountant issue? 25? I will be calling my parents' accountant tomorrow.

In a hurry this minute but just real quickly, a power of attorney, if given BY YOU, can be revoked by you at any time. Do the revocation in writing, even though that is not legally required, it's stupid and messy otherwise.... and pay a notary and make >two originals so you can mail one to the CPA AND if he registered or used it with any entities- you'd need to notify THEM. I assume he filed one with the IRS when he did your taxes?? IOW, why do you have the CPA?[i] Regardless, whomever he'd be dealing with on YOUR behalf, needs to know the POA has been revoked by you.
[/i]
Go make how ever many originals you need to make based on the number of entities that require notification, and this is NOT expensive --all the notary is doing is verifying your identity and that you don't seem drunk or crazy, (ie that you know what you are signing) and that's that.
Gotta run for now, and am having crappy internet issues lately too.

later though
j-

PS KEEP some originals yourself!!

Last edited by 25yearsmlc; 08/22/09 12:51 AM.

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016

= CLOSURE 4 ME
Embrace the Change
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks 25!

A
OP Offline
A
Okie dokie. Just a little vent here and then going about my day.

Dropped kids off to H. Asked him if he might keep the kids an extra night next weekend. He said we should switch because he wanted to go to a friend's play anyway on his scheduled night. Well, I really wanted to go to same play that night (last night it is happening)...so I said it. He said oh, well maybe we could get the kids covered and go together...I didn't answer but I'm thinking nope, I will just have to miss it. Or there are two showings and I could find out which he is going to and go to the other but probably not worth the drama.

Then H texted that kids mentioned that I am taking them away with me for my upcoming b-day (relatively close trip). I said I am considering it but I will let him know via email what my plan is.

So, Mr. Petty Pants responds with a text about how he'll probably be in Europe with Rock Star and then later in the fall back in Europe and tropical island and he'd love to have the kids with him for at least a week or ten days...with "!!!"

Ok, so, I wanted to tell him to stop using our kids as pawns and just because he feels thwarted or out of control because I am now moving on and making plans for myself for my b-day, he doesn't have to interject his enthusiasm about taking the kids out of the country for over a week (something he knows I am not even amenable to and that is a much bigger deal for me than him as I have been with them almost every flippin day of their lives)...and never mind his bragging about his fabulous lifestyle that may or may not be even happening (while of course, he doesn't have a clue what he'll get paid, blah blah blah)!

Anyway, I skipped that response and just said "I will email you any pertinent info."

He's not stupid so hopefully he got my drift.

I have to say that while I don't miss him and I am being extra social and feeling good, I read about other sitches and still lament that ours is headed so narrowly toward D. I still sometimes wish there was a way...the beautiful thing is that I would have to be as convinced as he would if not more, so I don't feel so victimized or out of control. In all of my "ok-ness" I don't think I will ever be someone who can be glib about the hit my kids are taking...at least once a day some manifestation of their disappointment arises.

Thank heavens for me (and for everyone obviously), one can feel more than one feeling at a time. So, I can feel good and have a great day AND be a bit bummed about the "reality" of my sitch...

Really feeling warm fuzzies for all of the brilliant and generous people here. wink

A
OP Offline
A
BTW- 25, Is daughter doing alright???

S
S
Quote:
how he'll probably be in Europe with Rock Star and then later in the fall back in Europe and tropical island and he'd love to have the kids with him for at least a week or ten days...with "!!!"

This would be a week or 10 days in the USA, right?

Because -- I'm sure it's not an issue, but it's an issue in the macro sense -- out-of-the-country is a b-a-d idea.

A
OP Offline
A
Oh no, as I indicated, that was why it was so provocative, because he was referring to out of country...which, he knows is not happening unless I am in tow...which is why it was such a weenie move...

So, it got me and then I remembered that when it comes down to it, he is JUST trying to get me. A) Let's see him get off his a** and get them passports and B) Let's see him figure out how to take them without my permission (not happening).

It was just a petty, feeling left out moment by the frickin' leaver himself...no one tells them they have to be consistent or make sense (check out SP's thread... ;))

Anyhoo, I think I handled it fine. I'm taking this one item at a time and just cuz he projects and tries to drag me into the future doesn't mean I'm going. 9 times out of ten he's just blowing hot air anyway.

S
S
Good move, then, because taking the kids out of the country in the midst of separation and divorce is agin the rules. Sez so right there in the Temporary Restraining Order you get when you file.

Be careful Ak, I just went out of country with kids and h, but no one asked for the paperwork that was asked for in 06 when I went alone with the kids ....wth? I mean, I know h was with me this time, but it wasn't always obvious, so I was surprised. Leaving LAX for NYC and then Italy, I was asked for NO paperwork and h was not with us yet. (Met us in NYC). There, in NYC I guess they saw us together but no one asked "hey are you the parents?" that I can recall....just asked d12 if she recalled any of this and she said "no one asked us anything THIS time"... in the eastern bloc, Hungary, THEY ASKED US ONCE for paperwork and then on the night train, at least 4 diff "guards" from out of a bad film, grilled us. Not for kidnapping, more for "you smuggle!" (Which was either a declarative statement OR an accusation OR a question, couldn't tell with the accent....)

But your h is supposed to have your permission to leave IN WRITING NOTARIZED....with your signature of course. And no, I would not give it to him in a million years with things as they are....but if he does it without your permission, when he returns, he'll have lost a lot of credibilty and ground with any judge. Probably would have to have supervised visits forever for "kidnapping" them...seriously that IS a possibility. But does HE know that? Who knows?

Hey, would your h be open to Retrovaille? Are YOU? Just asking!!....don't think you ever mentioned it before come to think of it... and no, don't say it costs too much b/c I know for a fact they do NOT turn people down for lack of funds. They DO ask for an anonymous donation at the end of the weekend and you don't have to give anything. H and I went to it, and when we went, at the end we donated enough to cover us and another couple, and several of us did that if I read them right. Point is, that's how I know other couples paid nothing and I don't mind. Our society makes it hard enough to stay m, we should all do what we can to help those who can, to stay m. So much cynicism. Don't we know?

Oh, and by the way, haven't found you in fb land as I am not on the db fb group but brandnewday or kaini can find me for you if you want. You are not too far from me. Would love you to come hear a few min of my stand up, touching on the topic of m in there....hmmm...

j-

PS--d12 is better now. Scared the crap out of me. Required 24/7 attention and dipping her in the pool and putting ice on her chest, feet head and hands and she allowed it....highest fever I've seen and have older kids. s23 had a perforated eardrum from an ear infection and HIS fever never hit 105'F...so, WTH???

So, "Viral infection of unknown cause", but we had some gross things ruled out, thank God....and she's pretty good now. Yeah, that re-arranged my weekend and week...and I really am still tired from it all I think.

Gotta go, on that note...take care A/K and find me on fb so we can do a rl thingy...

M: 57 H: 60
M: 35 yrs
S30,D28,D19
H off to Alaska 2006
Recon 7/07- 8/08
*2016*
X = "ALASKA 2.0"
GROUND HOG DAY
I File D 10/16
OW
DIV 2/26/2018
X marries OW 5/2016