Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
S
S
I think one could summarize BND and Bworl's great posts down to the old army theme - "Be All You Can Be".

Jack - you crack me up!

F
F
Amen Bworl... Wonderful post!!

Don't stand still.
I
I
I hope your noggin is ok.....that sounded like it could of hurt......xoxoxoxoxox's to make it feel better..take care Jack your friend.... Irma

Done 01/2014
S
S
umm, where the hell have you been?

I hope when she clocked you with the book it knocked some sense into you.....just sayin......

ian

M- 48
XW- mentally 17
KIDS- 3- S19, D23, D28
Married- 17 years
Divorce final- 10/16/09

P
P
You said it! MLC=confusion. Golfgirl, when he sayd he misses you and loves you, he means it -- at the time. BUt the MLCers don't know which end is up and they go through so many emotions in the course of a day. So, it's a good sign that he feels that way. But that doesn't mean that he's thinking with a clear, rational head. He may still be messed up.

BND, I agree with what you said. Live your life. Don't shut the door shut on your marriage. Leave it ajar. But don't keep peeking through the crack to see if it is opening. Leave it ajar and face forward.

Married 9 years
Kids 5 and 6
Bomb 2006
H back and forth for a year
M now back on track
G
G
Yesterday he said he wanted a divorce. Then he kept asking about our marriage. HUH?? What does he want? I will keep the door ajar because in my heart I believe we belong together. Now I need to be silent for awhile and let him think about things...he'll lose and amazing woman if he lets me go. Wait! If I decide I want to go.... smile

Me 55
H 49
Married 21 years
No kids
bomb 5/09
filed 7/09
divorced and moving forward 5/10

Life is all about Plan B
job Offline
GG,
Your h honestly is a confused mess right now. One minute they want a divorce, the next minute they are talking about the relationship. You can't analyze anything that they say or do right now because they are operating on emotions...nothing more. Their emotions are running extremely high and rational thinking is out the window.

Sit quietly and patiently. You'll learn more by doing so and yes, information that you are seeking will fall into you lap quicker this way. Allow the man upstairs the time to work on your h. Give him the entire mess and keep the focus on you and your family. I know it's difficult, but you didn't break him, therefore, you can't fix him.

Sit quietly, the answers will reveal themselves when you least expect them to.
The past is gone, the present is a gift and you need to focus on today, allow the future to reveal itself when it is ready.
T
T
This is a great thread - good reminders about what we should be focusing on and NOT focusing on. It was very timely reading for me.

"Endurance is a testament of love."

Previous thread
J
OP Offline
J
A poem:

A font of advice, mostly sage,
Silenced the powers rage.
Mach, oh poor Mach!
Alack!
Banned!
Banned.
Banned…

Post links no more.

See ya when you get out of your corner : )

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

Page 4 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 37 38

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard