Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 39 of 87 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 86 87
G
G
Morning Cas

Just dropping in to say Hi and see how you are getting on.

Trying to keep hope alive
E
E
Morning Cas - what you got lined up for today??

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
D
OP Offline
D
Hello All!

Thanks for dropping by LR. I have been lurking and reading on your thread, too. It's early days for you so I send you my best wishes for the best possible outcome.

Thanks Nell. Feel I am moving along ok.

Julia, I don't think I will hear from H at all. I think I have always been the one who has initiated contact and he has relied on it. He will rely on me to make contact and quite probably he doesn't care enough to intiate it anyway. He has our kids and ow and her family at the click of a finger. He seems to cope well alone and clearly his past behaviour says he doesn't need me.

Previously we had nc for 3 weeks at a time I think, maybe a little longer. Once he made the move and emailed an apology after a major blow out and the other time the DB coach suggested I abandon nc and I reinitiated contact. For the most part we have had reasonably pleasant interactions but pretty much on his terms.

It's warming up....beautiful days here (about 25C) with cool evenings. Summer is just around the corner.

Hi Nell and Oz, not much aside from work today, and a quiet meal with the kids and my friend tonight.

E
E
You sound down Cas - are you looking after yourself?

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

D
OP Offline
D
Hi Nell,

Thanks for the concern but I am actually doing just fine. I am quite pleased with the progress I am making and my detachment...all is good!!

E
E
Well done you!! We just like to look out for our buds on the boards, eh??

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

S
S
Hello (((((Cas))))),

I am very happy to hear the surgeon's visit went well and you are feeling so much better. It has been a long recovery.

Happy also that being back on the job is energizing for you. Like all work, it has good and bad days. I for one am happy to have a place to go everyday again. I had 18 months off and it is welcoming to be back out in society.

I have just read back thru since my departure around 8/26/09. Not that my advice is right on and I have certainly not been a success, I am in favor of no contact.

I have given this quite a bit of thought of late and you know why. Our situations have grown very stale. Without a shake-up of sorts nothing will change.

To me, here goes.....I am going to ramble, sorry if this comes out of left field and seems a bit confusing. I am confused and struggling with my choice.

With contact of any kind it is purely cake-eating (even without sex). When we have contact they are getting a satisfaction from it. They are getting an emotional need met. They have no reason to make a change. The emotional need could be as simple as being friends with us and the thoughts that what they are doing is not wrong with us. The thoughts that we are in complete agreement with how they are living their lives and how they are treating us and our children. I don't mean that they are happy, they aren't. They are miserable. They do have all the options though. We have stunted ours.

I have come to realize that they will not make a change until they lose control of us. They have to lose us. They have to miss us and mourn our departure. They believe that they are in full control over all. Their freedom, their OW and even us. Most importantly.......us. They have the world by the a$$.

By us not making contact we are making a statement. Actions speak louder than words. If we make no contact then they will wonder where we are at emotionally and stage wise. They will wonder about our lives. When we make no contact they are losing control of.......us.

It has taken me over 4 years to learn lessons here. I think I am right. Not all WAH are the same. Every situation must be treated differently and there is no guess how the outcome will be ultimately. It does appear to me though that yours and mine are quite possibly in the same place. I read of a few others who could join us.

The longer our sitches linger the less likely a reconcilement will take place. My take on this is simple. Our H's become very comfortable with their cake-eating lifestyle. They reach a point where the freedom to be here or there, to speak with this one or that one, to sleep, eat, work, drink, whatever......is the drug. They cannot ever imagine having to be accountable and responsible for more than themselves. Freedom and control are the drugs. They become addicted and down right comfortable. The thought of returning to what was is crippling. The fear of the same drives them back into the tunnel rapidly.

I have come to realize that H doesn't want to D me. I can't for the life of me answer why. His actions speak (reek)of D. The conclusion I have drawn is it is freedom to be in control. No one is forcing him to make a choice. The dumba$$ OW has no more control over him than I do. This is purely selfish and self-serving on his part. He is getting a fix from the drama. He is feeling like the "big man". Reality is that he is pathetic, and viewed that way.

I am learning how to take control back. I am obviously a slow learner.

I think the Julia is right that we have reached Stage 2. I don't want to settle in Stage 2 land. I want my marriage restored or I want complete and total separation. I am powerless to fix anything at this point, H could very well be happy in Stage 2 land and not want more. I have thought of this a lot and think this to be true for now. H cannot have my friendship and value my communication....that is H getting his wants and Sanderika getting more of the same which is crippling to me. I have lived with an adulterous H for far too long. If I do nothing, nothing will change. I have to do something.....D is the answer for me.

My rambling is out of control as are my thoughts.....I am trying to make a point and hope it is coming across ok. I am trying to move on. I am trying to consider all my options for my future life. A life without H in it at all. I read here and have read before that Coach Jody says that some couples have to D to find each other again. I believe that one for sure. I should call her. I have two sessions all paid for that I have not used. I am afraid it's too late. I don't believe there is anything left here.

(((((Cas))))) we might be in the same place right now (?).

Enjoy your weekend with your girlfriend, get out on the town and do it right.....you deserve a whooping it up good time.

Sanderika

ME48/H48MLC
T 33y
M 28y
S16
OW 8/7/05
Bomb 8/16/05
Sep 9/05
H f'd D 10/3/08
D pp'd 1/20/09,7/24/09,12/4/09
D dismissed 2/5/10
H served me D papers again 9/4/10
D dismissed 9/26/11
D
OP Offline
D
My nc has been 28 days now and I'm quite happy with that and I certainly feel better about myself because of it. H came here the other day to drop off something for D. I was outside and saw him drive in so I went and got D. He made no move to come in and I made no move to go out.

Each Friday I get a business report which H forwards to me. I haven't received it for the past two Fridays. Yesterday I emailed him and politely asked for the reports, nothing more. No response as yet. H usually replies punctually to texts and emails so this is interesting.

Been having a great time with my friend. Friday, a large group of us went to the surf club for dinner. Yesterday we had a beach walk, a long leisurely breakfast at a beachside cafe, a tourist drive, lots of chatting and then drinks with another friend who we worked with many years ago and who I haven't seen in 15 years. We then all went to dinner. It was fun reminiscing.

I have to take my friend to the airport today and then I'm off to buy my new dress, shoes and jewellery for the wedding on Friday. The dress is coral which is a colour I love.

Sanderika, it's good to have you around here again. I've missed hearing from you. I know that sometimes that distance gives us time to reflect and it enhances our db in the process so glad you had that time.

My post operative stuff is going well and lately I have resumed my beach walks and doing well, although they're a bit shorter, a bit slower and no steps(we usually have about 60 of those).

I just read back through my posts as you did...wow quite a lot of thinking and reflecting there, too. I feel better now that I am more detached.....don't think I am now as aware of H, his moods or his movements. He is on with his life and I am on with mine. I just hate the fact that I am still in limbo with no financial settlement and no divorce. I am getting increasingly anxious about moving on.

My final turning point was his moving day when he chose to have OW and her son help over his own kids eventhough the kids had been involved looking at houses with him all the way through. I think it's one thing to do things to me but the kids are a different manner. Finally I accepted what I've really known all along...this is not the behaviour of the man I married and I don't know why I tolerate his behaviour when I wouldn't accept it from anyone else in my life.

I take H's nc as a sign that he couldn't care less and maybe that's helping me to detach even further. I agree with your thoughts that our H's are not happy people. My MIL said that H is now very serious and certainly not a happy person.

I have concluded that H has known all along how much I wanted to reconcile and how much I was prepared to work on the issues. He spoke the right words but has only backed up with actions that suited him. Just as you have said, Sanderika, this lifestyle does not suit me at all. I am tired of the game. Enough!!

So...a very long winded way to say, Yes I most definitely think we are in the same place right now Sanderika!

J
JCJ Offline
J
Quote:
Yes I most definitely think we are in the same place right now Sanderika!

Me too!

(((Cas, Sanderika)))

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
E
E
.... and I am fast approaching (((Cas, Sanderika, JCJ)))

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

Page 39 of 87 1 2 37 38 39 40 41 86 87

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard