Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 75 of 87 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 86 87
D
OP Offline
D
It was a quiet weekend, just hanging out at home aside from some time yesterday at a shopping centre with a friend. We had lunch together and then browsed at a few shops.

I heard from H via email and he asked how I was feeling and he rang the house looking for D and asked how I was feeling, too when I answered. D said he had twice checked with her about how I was as well.

Later last night he emailed to say he is doing all the driving for D this week since I cannot drive (he didn't bother to even offer after the last surgery and didn't contact me at all to see how I was feeling!)Interesting .....

L
L
Glad to hear you had a pleasant weekend Cas! Does sound at least as if H is trying to make sure youre ok even if from a distance.

Bonny I dont know where you are in the uk, but Im in Oxfordshire if you fancy a night out some time!

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
D
OP Offline
D
I think I'm in a new phase...getting on with life. I've finally decided that it's H's loss! well, that's my feeling for today anyway!!

B
B
Morning all

Quiet is good sometimes.

Do you think he’s asking just to be polite or is he really concerned about the answer?

Best to try not to read to much into what he does/doesn’t you, remember focus on yourself.

Nah Rabbit, live in London. Still if I ever happen to be going that way it would be fun to meet up. Know nothing about horses though. My brother’s the country one, he’s got a stud farm and recently did very well in the Horse of the Year show in Birmingham

married 23 years
4 grown up kids
G
G
Originally Posted By: Cas05
I think I'm in a new phase...getting on with life.
Good for you!
Originally Posted By: Cas05
I've finally decided that it's H's loss! well, that's my feeling for today anyway!!
Good. Funny. Go read my 11/10/09 joke on the Just For Fun Forum. /"Joke of the day" thread. Similar.

Gardener

"My soul, be satisfied with flowers,
With fruit, with weeds even; but gather them
In the one garden you may call your own."
Cyrano deBergerac

G
G
Hi Cas

I am so glad all went well and you are on the mend. Your H will all too soon realise what he has lost.

I am glad that you have made plans for next year for things you want to do, that is good for the soul and mind. Take extra care of yourself as you recuperate.

Work here is absolutely crazy at present so I have been a bit absent for which I apologise to all.

Trying to keep hope alive
D
OP Offline
D
Well Bonny, I have no idea if he's asking to be polite or otherwise. I just recognise that it's different to my last operation 3 1/2 months ago which was a much bigger deal and he didn't bother to ask and didn't do anything to help with D. Anyway, it's an observation and that is all.

Oz, so good to hear from you! I'm lurking a bit because I'm working from home/on sick leave. I am just about ready to start cementing my plans for the future. Might manage a few days in Melbourne over Jan. Perhaps we could meet for lunch on a Friday? I have to get clearance from the surgeon when I see him tomorrow.

Gardener....yep, we were certainly intune with my thought for the day and your joke. Thanks for sharing and thanks for popping in. I often read your comments around the place and I must say I really admire your sensitivity and your balanced perspective. Thanks!

G
G
Hi Cas

Would absolutely love to catch up with you when you come to Melbourne. A Friday is good as that is my day off.

Trying to keep hope alive
D
OP Offline
D
D and S went to have dinner with H tonight. She asked me to come and get her early so she could study which I did. Got a text from H apologising and saying he would have taken her home and he didn't realise she had contacted me.

B
B
Hope the recovery is still going well.

You sound great btw, positive and light hearted. Good girl.

Why would he need to apologise she contacted you didn't she? Unless of course she asked him first and he said no. Best not to get involved in the R between the kids and their dad.

married 23 years
4 grown up kids
Page 75 of 87 1 2 73 74 75 76 77 86 87

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard