Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 87 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 86 87
G
G
Hi Cas

I love my weekends Cas, mine start on a Friday as I don't have to go to work, so I get all the mundane house tasks out of the way to leave me free for fun things on the weekend, apart from driving D to and from work.

Trying to keep hope alive
D
OP Offline
D
Hey Oz, I think a 3 day weekend sounds superb! Actually, I have one this weekend as I have the surgeon on Monday

J
JCJ Offline
J
Hey Cas

Just dropping by to say hi. Hope you are feeling better.

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
D
OP Offline
D
Hi Julia,

I'm feeling pretty good at the moment. My health is steadily improving and I think the nc is having a positive effect on me. I am lookinmg forward to making some positive future plans once I am physically able to fully engage life. In the meantime I am organising to have my garden spruced up, the pool cleaned and maintained and the carpets cleaned. Small things that will make a difference to me and encourage me to do more entertaining. I am going to buy a new outdoor setting so we can eat outdoors during summer.

E
E
Hey gal, you certainly are GAL'ing!!

Glad that you are improving Cas - you are doing just fine :o)

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
G
G
Morning Cas

3day weekends are the best. It is fantastic news that you are steadily improving. I find when I don't have to see or speak to H when he disappears on weekends, I am more relaxed and happy, so it doesn't surprise me that your nc is having an effect on you. I think it removes some of the stress that this all places on us. Gives some breathing space to really focus on you.

I love getting new things for the house, you are getting an outdoor setting, I am getting a new umbrella and BBQ since the new owners of our old house got our other one.

D
OP Offline
D
Tonight H contacted D and invited her to his place for the night. He came to collect her but didn't come in...not so unusual. I am noticing that H is trying to increase the contact with the kids again. He got them both new phones the other day...the very thing he was arguing about with S a few weeks ago. It's interesting

D
OP Offline
D
Oz, I'd like a new bbq as ours is really old now. I thought I might get a weber.

G
G
Hi Cas

Maybe your H now trying to increase his contact with the kids is leading to him then initiating contact with you. Baby step maybe!

I wouldn't mind one of those gas weber's on the trolley I believe they are quite good. Might go looking next weekend, still have to get my umbrella, found one with solar panels on top and when you open it all the fairy lights come on it it, I liked that one.

D
OP Offline
D
Hi Oz,

I think H's increased contact with the kids shows he misses them and that he is quite lonely. He was always a wonderful father. He has a new home with all new furniture all for himself and nobody to share it with really. (OW doesn't come to his place much as she has kids so it's usually him going there.) He has a couple of mates but that's it. None of his family live here.

I doubt H will make contact now. He is much more stubborn than I am and there was a time after the A was revealed that he didn't speak to his parents-months actually. It was his mother who re-initiated contact. I feel quite sure that while I stay silent he will, too.

Is this getting me closer to my goal, though? I have a pretty busy week so it will be easy for me to remain silent this week. I'll reassess next weekend. That will have been a month then.

It's a beautiful day here. Trying to catch up on washing....I'm a little behind as I am reliant on the kids hanging it out; patience required with kids getting it done!

I have a detailed reference to write today and then I'm doing a little retail therapy!

Cas

Page 36 of 87 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 86 87

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard