Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 38 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 37 38
G
G
Fallgirl,

Quote:
Should we become the people our WAS`s want us to be or follow our own hearts-even if it takes us away from them...

Example: I`ve rekindled lots of interests I`ve had in the past-music, art, yoga, reading-problem is H has no interest in these things and actually, is scathing of my interest in them(though that`s part of his MLC anger/jealousy thing)

I'm sorry to hear that he is angry and /or jealous that you have interests he doesn't share.

In the event that you two are not able to work this out...do you want to give up those interests? I do/would not choose to give up mine. My H is not concerned that I have separate interests in my case, however if he was....(see above).

I personally think it is risky (if not dangerous) for a couple to be too insulary (sp?). Doing things separately and then coming "home" gives you things to share and time apart to re-charge as it were.

Quote:
One of his whinges is that we have nothing in common.

What did you have in common when you were dating?

B
B
Thanks Trusting......

(((hugs)))

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
F
F
Yeah, Grace, I`m happy to have separate interests. And anyway, I think H`s cry of us not having anything in common is part of the MLC syndrome where they just keep shredding through all the good and bad of the M.

With saying that though I am going to pick up on a couple of common interests and run with them-cycling,family history this week.Somethings I would genuinely enjoy without H`s interest anyway.

I`m more and more ready to let H out of my life at t his point, as he`s determined now to go. So reaching a different point with all of this.

B
B
Hey Fallgirl,

Glad to hear that you are making plans for yourself and for trying out new things.

It's hard sometimes for us to step out of our comfort zones, but the benefits really will pay off.

I think it has alot to to do with feeling confident and secure with ourselves again.

Be blessed!!

(((hugs)))

There can be no testimony without a test.
I am praying to go through this test and come out the other end with a new and better marriage then before.
F
F
Thanks BND

H`s MLC has definitely made me more independent and self sufficient!

J
OP Offline
J
Fall,

Aren't you a better person for that?

I truely am glad that I went through this.

Once. She gets one.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

F
F
Oh, too right Jack! This has worked wonders for me and taken me to places in my heart and soul I never knew existed.

G
G
Fallgirl,

Cool, but are you ready to celebrate this Saturday?

J
OP Offline
J
Grace with the dirt on her face : )

How are you doing?

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

G
G
Doing good! Tired of homework, so I'm avoiding some by checking in here grin

Practicing my vocab for Saturday. Can I do that at a Samurai exhibit...don't see why not, hot men in cool garb. <Sigh>

Page 6 of 38 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 37 38

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard