Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
cat04 #1834928 09/09/09 05:24 PM
M
M
Originally Posted By: cat04
hey gimme me stouffers and make yourself pretty for what I really want !!!!!!

Work yet ?

Mach1 #1834933 09/09/09 05:25 PM
C
C
working for me.

Man I'm too easy..............

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
cat04 #1834941 09/09/09 05:32 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: cat04
Man I'm too easy..............

There is no such thing. wink

J
J
MW,
I disagree.
For example:
Cat laid out how she/women felt.
I pointed out what I would want and what I would do for that.
She accepted that propsal with a provisio that I found logical.
Now should cat and I find ourself in a realationship...easy-peasy.

We'd both be wearing smiles you couldn't wipe off with a Next of Kin notification.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

Life is usually all about how you handle Plan B. - Jack3Beans

Listen without defending; Speak without offending - FaithinAK

TRUST THE PROCESS - Cadet

C
C
MW,

You do get to a point where you don't want to talk anymore. I did anyway. But by then H was in his own MLC world anyway. Something I've learned through this though, as my H is still here and I have done some boundary setting, is that I was not as clear, as specific, as "hearable" as I could have been.

And yes, sometimes you really can't even define it until you meet someone else who makes you FEEL differently than you do. So take what I said, throw in a childhood that can bring on MLC, and you have the makings of a mess.

It is all in the approach. Jack, yes I think it would work out beautifully. Too bad we can't all be so clear.

"Acceptance doesn't mean resignation. It means understanding that something is what it is and there's got to be a way through it."--Michael J. Fox
cat04 #1834973 09/09/09 05:53 PM
J
J
Quote:

It is all in the approach.

T-shirt.

Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn. - C.S. Lewis

C
C
MW,

I could have been one of those women a few years ago. That is why it was so easy for me to say what I said. Because I was living here, just going through the motions because I had spent years talking. Of course, I don't know if I would have done anything about it. Maybe if H's stuff hadn't been triggered, maybe I would be in a totally different place now, not as healed, not as self aware, I don't know. I just know H started acting differently way before the bomb. I knew that I had to just keep going. I knew that I just was living this life that maybe could someday be different. Different how? I had no clue. So when the second bomb came, for me, it triggered first a whole bunch of anger, but then a sense of relief that it was all finally over, for a while. Then I started to really do the work on me. I had no choice cuz I was my own sort of mess. Now I see it all so differently.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: Jack_Three_Beans
Now should cat and I find ourself in a realationship...easy-peasy.

Until it isn't anymore. For the sake of argument ... we have the relationship skills that get us up to a certain level. We start out on the same page. We're communicating in a real way. It's easy. However, we both grow. We both change. It is just life. We, however, reach the limits of our relational skills and our original relationship arrangement. We recognize the things that our current arrangement lacks. The Stouffers has grown old. And now we're back where we started.

You don't know you need to change your communication approach until it doesn't work.

J
J
I am willing to debate this. Argue...that is just raising voices and not listening, but thinking that if I increase my volume just a little bit more you'll hear me, this time.

What you described, is why you find yourself here. It is why I found myself here.

It is also the reason I will never be here again, unless I become an idiot.

M
OP Offline
M
I'm not arguing with you. Just trying to dissect my own stupidity.

Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard