Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 72 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 71 72
G
G
Hi Nell

I think when you get clothes you have to have a look as a complete outfit especially a suit.

Only natural to feel sick over your next contact as it has been a while, you just need to make sure you have your thoughts straight in your head before you meet and also how you plan to react when you do see your H.

You won't be back out of control Nell and before you even think this you need to wait and see exactly what it is he wants to see you about. I wouldn't waste precious you time thinking about that at the moment.

Good luck with the spiders and I know what you mean by grass growing so quick but now I don't have to worry my new place doesn't have one blade of grass.

Trying to keep hope alive
E
OP Offline
E
Originally Posted By: Deep
For what it's worth, trying to be fair, recognising my own faults that led to distance in our M, understanding why W got angry with me, and making allowances for how she felt all (inadvertantly or not, directly or not) led to her plunging further into an A at that time.

This all scares me - especially when I am thinking of how to deal with H when he arrives to talk about the finances. Why he has chosen now, I don't know. The bills are all up to date and there is currently money in the joint account.

I have drafted my email such:

"Hey (remember, this is how he addressed me)
Sorry, not available this week. Could do Saturday after 3pm or Sunday?

If you let me know exactly what it is that you want to discuss, I can have a think about it before you get here".

Reading it like this, it sounds kind of petty and stand-offish. I also think that he will see this as a ploy to break up his weekend when he may or may not be planning to see ow. He has only been here on a weeknight since he moved all his stuff out. I would just love him to come down on a weekend and it would be a small goal if we could go out for coffee together.

How do I make that happen though?? It's like I've never spoken to him before and now I am nervous for every little contact - have I 'detached' too far?? I think that I am just scared of blowing it.

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
L
L
Nell youre mind reading hun! He's ET remember he dont make sense.. Your email sounds fine, if you want to make it sound a bit less stand offish how about "Can make Saturday after three or Sunday" That sounds a bit more like you are trying to comply a bit. Dunno if thats giving him too much or not!

Suit sounds nice, Im in the same position as you Im in between sizes on some things although Im only 5ft1 I can do petite bottom half but not petite top half, even though normal sizes the arms are always too long..

W 47
H 47
M 24
T 30

Once lost but now found and happily married again!
E
OP Offline
E
Good points Rabbit. Yes, I shall change the draft to reflect that. I am trying to mind-read and we know that we can't at this time so thanks for pulling me back on that too!

Still not sure on the suit. Will put it on again over the weekend and get the full regalia going - perhaps it will help me to decide and then if I keep it, I can make sure that I have it on when H comes around! It's a pain when you are 1/2 sized, isn't it?

I am 5' 6" so don't have that problem but most Aussie ladies are much taller - it seems that they are all 5' 8" and above, hence the trousers are all long over here! Ah well, small potatoes in the scheme of things ...

I just have to figure out what I am going to say to H now when he gets here ... I want to be prepared because I don't want to end up flustered and lose my DB'ing confidence.

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

D
D
Hi Nell,

Just sending congratulations on your job. This is great for you on so many levels. Well done!!

Cas

G
G
Hi Nell

Don't stress so much about the email not being friendly enough, believe me, my emails were no different and they didn't have a negative effect on my H. You could soften it if you really want with what LR added but I really wouldn't lose sleep over it.

And Nell, no I don't think you have detached too much.

Just for the record I am 5' just scrape it in, so I live in extremely high heels just to get a couple of extra inches oh to be 5'6". Everyone in my family is taller than me, H, S & D.

Trying to keep hope alive
E
OP Offline
E
Thanks Cas - it will bring some long awaited relief - even though it is only until December!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

E
OP Offline
E
Oh goodness - I never considered myself tall but here I am in amongst you vertically challenged bunch!! <grin>

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

G
G
"Sorry, just got your email. Don't really have time this week.
Just email me what you want to discuss.

THIS is also the time to bring up the bills to him. NOW....

MAKE him come to you. Make him tell you that he WANTS to meet.

Good job. You win the battle of the wills for this round. It was very important.

E
OP Offline
E
Thanks Gucci - I have been trying so hard and wanted to get this right. I know that your help will see me on good tracks.

Seems you are always there when the moment is crucial!!

I like your suggestion so much ... !! When I make him WANT to meet me, what next??

Please come back soon .... :o)

Last edited by Eskimo Nell; 09/09/09 10:22 AM.

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

Page 24 of 72 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 71 72

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard