Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 81 of 114 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 113 114
aliveandkicking #1842533 09/22/09 07:36 PM
A
OP Offline
A
So, today, H has a picture posted on FB of a beautiful woman who I am pretty sure is just a friend. He wishes her a happy birthday and it is uploaded from his phone, looks like they were at a coffee shop...no I didn't spend long on it.

I feel f*cked with a little. Ya think?

When we have our talk, I think I am going to suggest we "unfriend" each other but it has actually been a cool way to see what is going on or peak interest. So juvenile.

He had attempted to chat with me last night and I saw it this morning.

Focus...AK...focus.

aliveandkicking #1842549 09/22/09 07:42 PM
C
C
Quote:
So, today, H has a picture posted on FB of a beautiful woman who I am pretty sure is just a friend. He wishes her a happy birthday and it is uploaded from his phone, looks like they were at a coffee shop...no I didn't spend long on it.

Don't take the bait.

Maybe you need to put some photos up on your FB page. cool

M22,H45,W45 S21/18D12
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties and at the same time confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.
Coach #1842562 09/22/09 07:49 PM
O
O
FB ugh!!

I remember what a punch in the gut it was when She unfriended me and changed her status to Single (while I was still living there!) and what a hissy fit she had when I unfriended her BFF. Yes so juvenile.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
Coach #1842570 09/22/09 07:54 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: Coach
Quote:

Don't take the bait.

Maybe you need to put some photos up on your FB page. cool

a) my power is in what he doesn't know

b) I have married as my status (as does he) but unlike him, I would be embarrassed to be overt and involve our friends and family by exposing them to OP.

c) I did post a picture...of me. That got me a text, an email and a stuttering phone call followed by a barrage of intermittent inquiries regarding both my personal and professional life...most of which I did not answer.

And yes I was fully clothed. grin

Last edited by aliveandkicking; 09/22/09 07:54 PM.

orangedog #1842576 09/22/09 07:57 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: orangedog
FB ugh!!

I remember what a punch in the gut it was when She unfriended me and changed her status to Single (while I was still living there!) and what a hissy fit she had when I unfriended her BFF. Yes so juvenile.

Yep. The only reason I haven't unfriended him is the drama factor. But really, it is silly for him to have "married" on there and pictures of OW and their suggestive comments...stupid stuff. I just hate looking like I condone it by being one of his "friends."

FB has its plusses and minuses.

aliveandkicking #1842602 09/22/09 08:07 PM
R
R
Originally Posted By: aliveandkicking

When we have our talk, I think I am going to suggest we "unfriend" each other but it has actually been a cool way to see what is going on or peak interest. So juvenile.

He had attempted to chat with me last night and I saw it this morning.

Focus...AK...focus.

Seems stupid to upload a picture taken with someone and wish them a happy birthday so I would assume it's a provocation on his part...but you don't have to bite. My reco would be to not unfriend unless you just can't take it. Keep taking the high road with everything you do and post on fb. It will serve you well in the end. It's a great way to show him how your livin without going over the top...and you know he is watching. Resist the urge to go tit-for-tat or react...but I'm just another schmo smile

AKA: "Ben the school teacher"
---
Me:45, W:41 | Ds:10,12&14 | M:18, T:20
Me: MLC+PA+WAS+Separated 10/08
My Request to Reconcile Denied 7/09
W w/OM 6/09-11/09

My Intro Thread
RedSoxFan #1842616 09/22/09 08:15 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Yep, I've gotten adept at being subtle and respectful of myself.

I have actually made clear to H that my private life won't be visible on FB. And, it is true. Any funny business is top secret. I believe it is called class. It also is very provocative...he hates not knowing. That's why he suggested we just let it all out.

Anyway, thanks for helping me stay on track. I'm sure I've got way less game than h thinks I do. smirk

aliveandkicking #1842622 09/22/09 08:18 PM
R
R
Yep. The only reason I haven't unfriended him is the drama factor. But really, it is silly for him to have "married" on there and pictures of OW and their suggestive comments...stupid stuff. I just hate looking like I condone it by being one of his "friends."

You gotta do whats right for you...but here's my opinion. People who matter will totally get that you're taking the high road, that you're above all of the bs. His actions are transparent...he's dancing on stage in his underwear and doesn't even know it. (IMHO)

AKA: "Ben the school teacher"
---
Me:45, W:41 | Ds:10,12&14 | M:18, T:20
Me: MLC+PA+WAS+Separated 10/08
My Request to Reconcile Denied 7/09
W w/OM 6/09-11/09

My Intro Thread
RedSoxFan #1842626 09/22/09 08:22 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Originally Posted By: RedSoxFan

You gotta do whats right for you...but here's my opinion. People who matter will totally get that you're taking the high road, that you're above all of the bs. His actions are transparent...he's dancing on stage in his underwear and doesn't even know it. (IMHO)

so true! Even his friends have said things to me in that vein. Thanks for the chuckle.

aliveandkicking #1842638 09/22/09 08:27 PM
A
OP Offline
A
Truth is, I get flustered deep down when we spend family time together. I struggle as we all do with letting it be and not grasping, manipulating, jumping the gun. I am actually very impressed that I can juggle so many balls at once with him.

Ultimately...I need to figure out what I'm going to do now. School? Work? Which path...that is what I need to focus on.

Page 81 of 114 1 2 79 80 81 82 83 113 114

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard