Print Thread
Page 42 of 114 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 113 114
A
OP Offline
A
Well that was helpful. grin

B
B
The best reply to a narcissist is nothing at all.

Me-42,H-41,M-14
S-12,9

Previous thread
A
OP Offline
A
That's exactly what he got.

O
O
Damn Straight!

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
A
OP Offline
A
OOOOOOOOOO-Dog, how you doing?

O
O
I started feeling better as soon as I walked out of that office after signing the papers. Not that I wanted to but I didn't have it hanging over my head.

Went out for drinks afterwards. Everyone was very supportive and upbeat. Long talk with a person afterwards about future plans.

Asked out for drinks again tonight - good conversation.

It's all good when I don't concern myself with what's happening on the other side of the fence.

"My actions are my only true belongings. I cannot escape the consequences of my actions. My actions are the ground upon which I stand." Thich Nhat Hanh
A
OP Offline
A
Cool. I suppose you concur that I should keep movin' on here despite H's invitations (weak-a$$ as they are)...

O
O
Well I don't know if I'm the one to ask around here. H needs to "get it" and understand how his behavior affects you and the kids before you move any closer otherwise you're repeating the same sitch again. I know you've spelled it out before but do it again and don't move his direction until you see a sign of change. It might be very difficult to understand for someone who is truly narcisistic as H might be.

You can't keep crashing your head into a brick wall.

How's that?

A
OP Offline
A
Ya, pretty much where I'm at. I wake up sad because he was my family, you know?

But, and it is a big but, he does not get it and I can't imagine ever seeing him as the guy who would be here for me come hell or high water...and that is truly what I want.

So, I am moving on and oddly, we are getting along and I just ignore any and all frivolous communication...I let him play with himself.

It is just so odd to be so ok and nice to him while still maintaining my boundaries...

I hope you are able to relish in the done-ness of your sitch...and enjoy your life.

O
O
Yeah, she was my family too and I miss her but I can't pay attention to her sitch anymore.

ignore the frivolous and angry stuff.

Page 42 of 114 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 113 114

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard