Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 114 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 113 114
A
OP Offline
A
Uh, ya, I cried my little eyes out when he told me his rates. He isn't considered a shark for no reason. But, I made peace with it. He's old and an a**hole and he doesn't want to work for less than he's worth. I've accepted it.

I'm with you on the tattoo thing. I made a joke about getting "handle it" tattooed on my a** so my next mate knows what my expectations are and well, it became a conversation. wink

A
OP Offline
A
One thing though, H doesn't know that he will charge me so as of now, I have some leverage there.

D
D

If you have a minute, check on Shan5665 in NewComer's - he needs some help.

AAK - you might want to check in too.

Sorry for the hi-jack.

Me - 45
D - 19
D - 17
S - 14
S - 13

Final - 1/15
A
OP Offline
A
Quote:
Sorry for the hi-jack.

Never a problem...

A
OP Offline
A
Went to a guided meditation class today. Wow was that great!

M
M
Great to hear that.

BTW, thanks for asking about my sitch. We went on a family vacation a couple of weeks ago which went great. She opened up more and overall had a good time. Right now she's heading downhill in the emotional roller coaster dept.

She's again seeming down and not taking much pleasure in things with the kids. I really do wish she'd see a doc about it. I've been debating whether or not to talk to her about it.

Last week she asked for my SSN to put me down as a beneficiary for her 401k. Weird for someone who wants me out as a spouse.

I've jumped off the emotional rollercoaster and am just watching her go up and down the curves on her own.

I don't know if you saw this article before, but it kind of gives an idea of what I'm doing in my sitch with her...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/02/fashion/02love.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

I'm even debating if I should forward this article over to my W to show that she's not alone.

How are things today with you?

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
A
OP Offline
A
Hey Stuck. I read the article a while ago.

I'm doing well. Mostly trying to get clear on what my next moves are...and even though it is slow going, it's going.

I think I am going to go see an accountant to get clear on the tax issues. Maybe if I can iron out most of the details, we can actually get through this without it costing an arm and a leg.

I'm still waiting to hear about this piece I am trying to sell...aargh...it is quite a difference for me if it sells. I am trying to accept that it will work out however it should. So far, I am impressed with my discipline in staying calm and positive.

I cannot believe how well I am dealing with H. It is really wonderful. I am really sticking to my boundaries and still amicable and even today when he called me on something, I apologized and presented a reasonable solution. I am concise and pleasant and it feels great.

That new thread with the guy who wants his wife back kind of got to me. I mean mostly in that I can't even imagine how in the world H and I could ever be together which actually helps.

My heart has been and always will be open...to H or to other men or to whatever life brings me. It feels pretty incredible to say it and mean it.

Doesn't mean I'm never sad or disappointed or don't ever think, "what if...", it just isn't where I spend most of my time.

I want to read up on your sitch but haven't been able to find it...my only concern is that it can linger on and on without some catalyst or intervention. But, I want to read more about what is happening with you.

BTW- Posting to Kevin IS counterproductive at this point. I find it perverse how much attention he gets and I am committing to stopping even though my cackles go up and I'm tempted.

A
OP Offline
A
Quote:
I'm even debating if I should forward this article over to my W to show that she's not alone.

I think no on that...if you are taking the DB approach.

D
D
Originally Posted By: aliveandkicking

BTW- Posting to Kevin IS counterproductive at this point. I find it perverse how much attention he gets and I am committing to stopping even though my cackles go up and I'm tempted.

AAK,

Totally agree with you about Kevin.

And you're doing great, by the way. Good for you.

Stacy

Me - 45
D - 19
D - 17
S - 14
S - 13

Final - 1/15
M
M
I'll put an update up a little later.

I am sorry to hear how much you've had to put up and give up in your sitch. I am glad to know that you've remembered what it's like to stand on your own two feet.

The thing about O and his sitch is that he really hadn't detached from his W. I was in the place he was and it's not a pretty area to be. She keeps reeling him in with promises of things like Retrovaille, so it's going to be up to him to live and learn.

Kevin's case is an interesting one though isn't it? It really is like watching a car crash in slow motion. We all know he's going to crash and burn, but we still read to see when it actually happens.

I'm still praying for you girl and the others.

{{{stuck}}}

M-43 W-40
2D - 9 and 5

Emotion, yet peace.
Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity.
Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet a new life.

RECONCILED AND WISER
Page 36 of 114 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 113 114

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard