Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 49 of 87 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 86 87
D
OP Offline
D
I'm just considering options, that is all.

Today I accidentally called H while calling a friend. As soon as I realised I stopped the call but H called me back. He was quite friendly and chatty. He told me his b and SIL were coming for dinner tonight. He said he wanted the P.O key to put on a key chain with a spare house key for when he goes walking and he can then walk to check mail. A few other trivialities and then I said "I'm sorry I have to go. I'm meeting friends for a walk at the beach." (true and perfect timing!)

E
E
Oh nice Cas! Good work.

Don't you just cringe when you call/text H by mistake? I have done it twice since he has been WAH and yet he took it well on both occasions. I have even considered that it would be a good ploy to send a 'mysterious' text but I don't know that I could be that sneaky - what do you think??!!!!

How was your walk today? I'm sure that it was great with your friends but not anywhere up to the walk with H :o(

It will be good for your muscles to walk on the sand, so consider that yet another benefit to your convalescence and GAL'ing!

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

"It is only on the darkest night that we see the stars"

Started counselling 17/08/09
D
OP Offline
D
So the lesson for me today was not to jump to conclusions. I thought H was thinking of all the things he needed to get back off me. Wrong!!! Shows how our female minds can really stuff it up!! Lucky I didn't get all huffy with him!

Two friends and I had the longest walk! I climbed all the steps, so well and truly covered today's challenge. Afterwards we had a drink at a cafe and a chat. It was very relaxing.

While walking another friend phoned and suggested we all go to see Mao's Last Dancer tomorrow night so it's great to have something else to look forward to.

D
OP Offline
D
Nell, did you mean a text pretending it was meant for someone else that you accidentally sent to H?

E
E
Sounds wonderful.

Yes Cas - that's the text that I am talking about! My last two were GENUINE mistakes but it got me to thinking ... he read them and he was curious as he asked me about both.

H could see that it was a mistake and, when he knew who the texts were meant for, he understood how it happened.

Is it too sneaky to do it again but this time on purpose - and with a well thought out plan to induce intrigue and questions in H?

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

D
OP Offline
D
It's a big risk. If you've already done it by mistake, what's the chances you'd do it again? Not high, and that might make him suspicious to begin with. Then he would be suspicious and you would lose credibility.

You need to think of other ways to let him know you are out and busy. Have a night away. That will have him intrigued when you need to ask him to take care of your babies.

E
E
I thought that is what you would say!! Point taken though.

I have asked him to look after the babies previously and he just says "put them in the kennels" or "let me know the dates and I will get back to you". Trouble is, I don't trust him not to bring ow here if it's a weekend ... he's done it once (even though he later apologised) but I can't risk it happening again.

I have to find another way ... right now, I feel like a widow. I am getting so desperate to find a way of 'getting to him' and nothing seems to do so, other than when I rant at him and then he just walks away .... I am going dark again ... very, very dark but I need some help.

WAH 43; W 47
M 16; T 17
Cats 15 & 6
Bomb 27/05/09
ow 28/06/09

J
JCJ Offline
J
Hi Cas

Just droppinbg by to say hi. I'm loathe to give advice at the moment because of the position I find myself in, but I wouldn't be reticent about sorting out the financials. Do what is best for you? After all what is the worst that can happen?

How is your health?

M- May 2006
D - Aug 2010
Now travelling the world
D
OP Offline
D
Ok. How do you need the help do you think? It's a shame you live so far away. we can't exactly keep a close eye on you! We can't suggest you pop here for a weekend and me flying over is not on the cards at the moment either!

To start, you could email him and tell him you have a couple of upcoming dates and you'll need to be away. tell him you would prefer him to look after the babies on these occasions but if it's not suitable you'll pay to have them cared for. At least this way he knows you have a life and you haven't stopped living cos he's gone.

I'm super busy these days and H is certainly aware of it.

D
OP Offline
D
Hey Julia,

I'm so pleased to hear from you! How are you feeling since making the decision?

I am thinking like you regarding the financials; What's the worst that can happen? It will mean we have separate financials. In reality lots of couples have separate financials anyway.

I'm just taking one day at a time at the moment. I feel I am projecting a pretty upbeat image and he is being quite genuine at present. i even thought him telling me B and SIl were coming was a big deal. He usually tells me very little.

Health is excellent. Physio was happy with me and surgeon so I should be right to get back to hospital for the next surgery on schedule. Yay!

In the meantime I'm looking for this surfer dude for you!

Cheers,

Cas

Page 49 of 87 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 86 87

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard