Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
addie Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thanks Andabelle! It's good to have you popping in from time to time.

Me47
H46
S13
M16
Piecing since May/09

"Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it." Lou Holtz
H
H
Hi Addie,

This sounds sooo good! I'm so happy for you. I'm sure you cannot help the thoughts of OW but you just have to concentrate on the 2 of you right now. Just put her in another room in your mind & close the door.

I just wanted to check in on you & I'm so glad things are going well!

(((HUGS))))

K
K
Hey!!!
I am popping in too from time to time..

Sounds like your patience is finally giving some results. I know you dont need to be reminded (especially by me) that this is a journey that never ends... Good Luck!
xxxx
K

Me&H:42
S11&D10
Bomb 5/2007-Sep 11/2007
Reconc.November 2009
A
addie Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Nlt and Kalni thanks for the advice.

Things are not all rosy. There are a lot of changes going on in our lives and we're in for some very challenging times ahead.

Last week my father went into a nursing home. He had been on a waiting list for 3 months, a spot became available and we had to make an immediate decision. He has been suffering from advanced Parkinson's and dementia for a few years now. It became extremely trying on the family both physically and emotionally because my father needed total care 24 hours a day.
Next week my mother is having knee replacement surgery on her other knee. On top of all this, H is becoming very impatient (with himself) because he can't find work and there will be major changes occurring in my job in a couple of months.

As if Piecing wasn't hard enough in itself - we now have all these other major stressors in our lives to deal with.

Me47
H46
S13
M16
Piecing since May/09

H
H
Hi Addie,

Just hang in there & trust in the Lord! I'm sure it has to be hard with everything else going on with your parents! That is bad enough but trying to piece also! The job sitch is not great anywhere. I still haven't found work either. But, we have to know that God is not going to put more on us than we can handle!

Thinking of you!!! You have been with me since the beginning of me posting here. Thank you!!!!!!

(((HUGS))

A
A
That's a lot of added stress-- we went through similar with my H's aunt and mom (Alzheimer's and garden-variety dementia respectively). I hope your H is supportive.

A
addie Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Nlt and Andabelle - thank you for your support.

It is a very trying time but Nlt, you are right - God does not put more on us than we can handle.

My father is receiving good care in the nursing home. It is a very nice facility. Although it is hard on all of us (we have always been a very close family) he had become a major burden. He would fall numerous times a day and risked seriously injuring himself. My mother who is in her 70's had to lift him many times a day and she was no longer able to do that. He has been very confused for many months now and doesn't fully realize where he is. Most of the times he didn't recognize his own house and thinks he is back in the old country. My mother visits him every day and I go see him at least a couple of times a week (my parents live 35 km from me). He has had many friends and family visiting him and he still recognizes everyone. He is getting the best care possible right now.

H has been supportive but he is also going through his own issues. He's never been out of work for this long with no prospects (his contract ended in April). We are both in need of much support from each other- I just don't know how much we can give to the other when there are still many issues between us.

Me47
H46
S13
M16
Piecing since May/09

A
A
How's it going?

A
addie Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It's been a VERY busy time and that's why I haven't been on here much.

My father who is now in a nursing home is doing as well as can be expected due to his condition. He's receiving the best care possible and that's all we can hope for. About 3 weeks ago my mother had knee replacement surgery and has been slowly recuperating. It's a long process. My sister is getting married in a couple of months - therefore, many wedding preparations. In addition to all this, we've had some work done on our house - new roof, a new lawn installed, some trees removed. Whewwww!!!

Things with H have been going slowly. We've had our ups and downs. H found a "temporary" job to bring in some cash which he's been working at for about 3 weeks but is now saying he'll be giving his notice in a couple of weeks so he can spend his time searching for meaningful work. There are NO prospects here in H's field and this is starting to bring him down. He's been looking at postings in other parts of the country and this worries me tremendously.
H has been warm, caring, physically affectionate but we haven't really talked much about what happened. I've been battling the MANY, MANY triggers that keep recurring and that have caused some tense moments between us.

Most of you have heard this before - Piecing is not easy!!!

Me47
H46
S13
M16
Piecing since May/09

A
A
What news?

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Cadet, DnJ, job, Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard