Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Up!!

JJ

Read about Divorce Busting® Telephone Coaching here!
M
mnr Offline
M
Glad I found this post. There are several times during the day I think about my husband or situation. I tell myself "Stop" and most of the time it works. I also tell the Devil to stop and get out of my life and pray for God to get him out. This works pretty well also. I will have to try these things now too. Ecspecially when mine do not work. Great Job!

C
C
This is my first post here. I am having a terrible time with the constant thoughts of OW and what my husband is doing with her and not with me. I have tried saying "stop it" our loud but never tried to change my location. I will try that next. I have also accepted that his choices are his and not mine and i cannot change them. I have noticed the thoughts are not as intrusive since i have done that. I hope to put more of these suggestions to use.

P
P
I am glad I found this. I was feeling so HOPELESS. Now only is my WAW going to be out tomorrow, I am losing my place to live in 3 days. So I am losing my "HOME" no matter which way it goes. I am still feeling very bad, but not quite as much. Maybe I won't do something totally stupid after all.

Cool link-->DANCING ALIEN
Read and relate-->MY THOUGHTS
C
C
Thanks for the additional suggestions...the smiling in the mirror kinda works for me...or forcing myself to smile in general works..the stop signs don't...can't imagine them no matter how i try...
I'm also gonna start humming or whistling my favorite song or a song on the radio...songs make me feel good ..unless it's a slow romantic song...then i'm depressed....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These are great- and I really need to start practicing them before I either drive myself or drive him crazy..... Thank you..
Raina

G
ger Offline
G
You know, I was noticing that ALL the songs on the radio right now are romantic of some kind...either good or bad! I guess I am just noticing because I'm hurting so bad! Ger!!

C
csw Offline
C
My newest trick is to do my best Drill sargeant impression and say "drop & give me twenty" (OK, ten ) This is obviously not an option while at the grocery store, at least not for me. It seems to work well for me. I am getting bigger muscles, I am forced to laugh at myself for my impression, and the energy developed by the exercise carries me past my hang ups.

B
B
hello I'm new here.My wife left and I am having a hard time with the self talk.It is very annoying and messes up my work.

be quick to listen,slow to speak and slow to anger
T
T
Alot of great advice in here. I replay a ballgame that I played in. But man the part where I start to think negative thoughts is when I'm driving in my car. I consistantly find myself saying stop the negative thoughts. I'll try more of these ideas for sure.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Michele Weiner-Davis 

Link Copied to Clipboard